Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Haha all mad for no reason
Old 04-24-17, 12:54 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
I though having an F-Sport gives out 500 hp
F-Sport and F are the same thing, clearly. You get that sick 5.0L V8.
Old 04-24-17, 01:54 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,497 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
F-Sport and F are the same thing, clearly. You get that sick 5.0L V8.
My key glove says F on it, not F Sport. Confirmed V8-powered IS 300 sleeper in my stable.

FWIW I do get tired of journalists complaining "Duhh, F Sport should have more power? What's the point of handling and style upgrades with no extra power?"
Me: "To have better style and handling, of course."
Old 04-24-17, 02:27 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

All jokes aside, the seats alone in the f sport is worth the extra 3k. I've sat and driven all the new Lexus vehicles, except the LC (hopefully there will be a track day for it, just like the RCF launch). But the seats in the IS F-SPORT is the most comfortable for me at least.
Old 04-24-17, 03:19 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm putting flame suit on, okay imo, it is okay to save some $ by going with the non F Sport version of the 3IS, there's nothing wrong with that at all. however, the 2017 IS350 so far in socal only come with F Sport package. however, it's really bothering me when people say they prefer the non f sport styling over f sport, i don't believe that a bit, they were just trying to convince themselves they made the right choice. F Sport styling are huge improvements over the otherwise very pedestrian styled 3IS, especially for the IS350 F Sport package is a must, since it comes with AVS suspension, the LF-A inspired instrumentation dashboard was what drove me to it.

Last edited by stlgrym3; 04-24-17 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-24-17, 03:32 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

LOL...when I bought my IS350, I picked the non F Sport because I didn't want to sacrifice the features that the F Sport lacked AND because I liked the non F Sport grill better than the F Sport one. I can assure you I'm not trying to convince myself of anything when I say I found the base front end more attractive than the F Sport front end... I could have gotten an F Sport version for less than I paid for my non F Sport.

The IS is great because it offers two different versions. Why does one have to be better than the other? Can't people just have different tastes?
Old 04-24-17, 04:39 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
LOL...when I bought my IS350, I picked the non F Sport because I didn't want to sacrifice the features that the F Sport lacked AND because I liked the non F Sport grill better than the F Sport one. I can assure you I'm not trying to convince myself of anything when I say I found the base front end more attractive than the F Sport front end... I could have gotten an F Sport version for less than I paid for my non F Sport.

The IS is great because it offers two different versions. Why does one have to be better than the other? Can't people just have different tastes?
ALSO!

The non f sport, gives more of a VIP look. Slamm that sht & it will be a VEERY unique build.
Old 04-24-17, 09:13 PM
KietV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a 2016 is200t F-Sport brand new in December 2016. I upgraded from a 2008 is250 that had all the bells and whistles.

I enjoy the car very much. It's faster than my 2008, looks great, has a few more features I didn't have before. That being said, I wish I had done more research before I bought the car. I would have enjoyed having the memory seats, rear window shade, fog lights, ect. but if I wanted those things I could not get a brand new 2016 as those were pretty much nowhere to be found at the time (I guess I didn't really look though, had my mind set on F-Sport).

Do I feel like I "wasted" my money? Not at all. Do I regret buying F-Sport? Nope. The only thing I regret is that I limited myself to F-Sport without first researching more, thinking that F-Sport was the end all. Oh well still happy haha.
Old 04-24-17, 11:27 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by KietV
. but if I wanted those things I could not get a brand new 2016 as those were pretty much nowhere to be found at the time.
You could have ordered one like I did.
Old 10-18-18, 08:38 AM
lychee416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the f sport series 3 is worth it.
Old 10-18-18, 10:39 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
i'm putting flame suit on, okay imo, it is okay to save some $ by going with the non F Sport version of the 3IS, there's nothing wrong with that at all. however, the 2017 IS350 so far in socal only come with F Sport package. however, it's really bothering me when people say they prefer the non f sport styling over f sport, i don't believe that a bit, they were just trying to convince themselves they made the right choice. F Sport styling are huge improvements over the otherwise very pedestrian styled 3IS, especially for the IS350 F Sport package is a must, since it comes with AVS suspension, the LF-A inspired instrumentation dashboard was what drove me to it.
The spindle grill alone is very polarizing. They made it even more aggressive on the 2017+. I happen to like it. I get why some people might prefer the non-F Sport styling. I also think it's a bit ridiculous that the F Sport does not have memory seats. That's the only feature I don't have that I would really like to have. Any time someone else drives my car (albeit not often), I futz around with the seat and mirrors for about a day until I'm satisfied with the position.
Old 10-18-18, 12:41 PM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
i like the black headliner because its premium. Like every time I see a base IS with a tan or gray headliner or base CT200h with a standard headliner, the blackheadliner jumps out in comparison and looks premium. Just my 2 cents
Agreed! I've always had a grey headliner and the black is far better imo. Certainly feels more premium and I'd never get a car with tan headliner.
Old 10-18-18, 12:51 PM
lychee416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How can the f-sport not have memory seats? Honestly, we pay so much for this car and it is only entry level luxury car. I got the 2018 is 300 awd with luxury package . However, I still want the LFA cluster. I don't like the f-sport seats and prefer the luxury memory seats. I feel like I get more space and not seated in a race like manner while driving. I will be more happy if Lexus took away the analog clock and had the cup holders infront for easy access like the 2008 BMW 335xi. I also like the front grille of fsport better than base model. The 5 star spokes don't look good to me and I prefer the luxury package rims that I got instead of f sport rims. One last thing that I would like would be a bit better sound system. I don't mind the power and I can also tune my v6 engine later as in has 260hp now. I think the handling of fsport is not much better than the base. I think f-sport just looks more sporty. Lol.
Old 10-18-18, 12:59 PM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by lychee416
How can the f-sport not have memory seats? Honestly, we pay so much for this car and it is only entry level luxury car. I got the 2018 is 300 awd with luxury package . However, I still want the LFA cluster. I don't like the f-sport seats and prefer the luxury memory seats. I feel like I get more space and not seated in a race like manner while driving. I will be more happy if Lexus took away the analog clock and had the cup holders infront for easy access like the 2008 BMW 335xi. I also like the front grille of fsport better than base model. The 5 star spokes don't look good to me and I prefer the luxury package rims that I got instead of f sport rims. One last thing that I would like would be a bit better sound system. I don't mind the power and I can also tune my v6 engine later as in has 260hp now. I think the handling of fsport is not much better than the base. I think f-sport just looks more sporty. Lol.
Yeah, the F-Sport package is looks mostly. Aside from the seats which are great, it's about the Grill/Rims/Gauge. I went with the F-Sport because I loved the way it looked and I didn't want the ordinary gauge cluster which to me doesn't look premium for what we pay for these cars. If im going to pay to buy this car, i may as well get the better seats and have it look the way i want. As for the memory seats, not having it kinda sucks but for me it's no big deal since nobody else drives my car. I do think that a car like this should automatically come with memory seats.

Quick Reply: F-sport: worth it?