IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Winjet F Sport foglights

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-17, 09:05 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Bump for beam pattern pics pleeeeeassee!
Old 03-29-17, 11:58 AM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketG35
Bump for beam pattern pics pleeeeeassee!

Just installed, will post pics when night falls. Have 6000k 35w HID installed too. Pretty decent cutoff... Sun sets roughly 3 hours from now.
Old 03-29-17, 04:10 PM
MatrixPC
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After some struggling but I manage to install the fog light with little to no modification at all. I had to get new M6x10mm bold (2/3" long) as the factory bolts is a little short. The cut off is decent. At least it doesn't look like it going to blind other drivers. I use one of those H11 LED (2 CREE XML2/bulb) instead of the halogen bulbs coming with the kit.
Old 03-29-17, 05:22 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Do you have beam pattern photos? And how is the overall output (understanding that it is a 4300K halogen out of the box).
Ok, cut off was not as good as I originally thought. The lights are on a but of an angle and the lines are not clean... But definitely will not blind oncoming traffic. I need to change bulbs to 5000k to be more white. Currently running a Lumens 6000k HID H11 AC kit.

Headlights on, DRL partially covered (piece of paper)
Just Fog lights and DRL partially covered
Just Fog lights on, DRL uncovered
The following 2 users liked this post by ClubLUser:
600rr (03-30-17), RocketG35 (03-30-17)
Old 03-29-17, 05:53 PM
MatrixPC
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm more into look rather functionality as the headlight is more than enough to shine the road. It's stupid that Lexus didn't include the fog lights for a so called 'Sport Car'. Yes, the cheapest Toyota (Yaris) does has fog light as an option. WTF are they thinking?
Old 03-29-17, 06:01 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MatrixPC
I'm more into look rather functionality as the headlight is more than enough to shine the road. It's stupid that Lexus didn't include the fog lights for a so called 'Sport Car'. Yes, the cheapest Toyota (Yaris) does has fog light as an option. WTF are they thinking?
I think getting these lights and putting them behind the blank cover would be a neat look. Since as you know, the blanks had a slit in them. I thought about putting them in the brake cooling ducts...
Old 03-30-17, 10:31 AM
600rr
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ClubLUser
Ok, cut off was not as good as I originally thought. The lights are on a but of an angle and the lines are not clean... But definitely will not blind oncoming traffic. I need to change bulbs to 5000k to be more white. Currently running a Lumens 6000k HID H11 AC kit.
Thanks for the pictures.
The cutoff doesn't look that bad, better than I thought for aftermarket lens.
Will you be changing to LEDs or keeping the Halogens? How was the install and fitment?
Old 03-30-17, 12:50 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the pics! Agree the beam pattern isn't too bad! I wonder if replacing the lens would be easy (I have a set of TSX projectors collecting dust - would be a miracle if the lenses fit) and/or what LED bulbs would do. I wonder if they would be good enough or if you need the HID set-up.

Any chance you have a pic of it with the stock 4300K halogens (instead of your HID upgrade)? I've tried LED and HID upgrades in another car...and although HID install was actually really easy, I dont feel going through the process of trying it and the beam pattern be only slightly better. And the LED upgrade I tried was a failure as well...bulb pattern was everywhere. LOL.
Old 03-30-17, 01:08 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Thanks for the pics! Agree the beam pattern isn't too bad! I wonder if replacing the lens would be easy (I have a set of TSX projectors collecting dust - would be a miracle if the lenses fit) and/or what LED bulbs would do. I wonder if they would be good enough or if you need the HID set-up.

Any chance you have a pic of it with the stock 4300K halogens (instead of your HID upgrade)? I've tried LED and HID upgrades in another car...and although HID install was actually really easy, I dont feel going through the process of trying it and the beam pattern be only slightly better. And the LED upgrade I tried was a failure as well...bulb pattern was everywhere. LOL.
I didn't get any pictures, but i believe the cutoff was a bit better (with the halogen), since the bulb isn't as long/ designed for halogen projecting. Retrofitting i believe isn't possible? because the projector lens is the outside of the light, there's no swapping? i think the spyder lights would be a better candidate since the projector lens is inside a cover.
Old 03-30-17, 01:23 PM
600rr
Pole Position

Didn't realize that was an HID kit. Looks nice compared to the halogen.
I wonder what LEDs would look like.
Old 03-30-17, 01:27 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 600rr
Didn't realize that was an HID kit. Looks nice compared to the halogen.
I wonder what LEDs would look like.
i honestly don't believe after market LEDs would work well anywhere, since there isn't a "360 degree" light output, usually only two sides that try their best to get 180 on both sides. That's my thoughts/ backyard science logic anyway... i think these lights would look better with a 5000-5500k HID bulb, i just got a 6000k because my main beams are 6000k D4S that is a crisp white, but i guess aftermarket HID bulbs are a bit higher on the scale?
Old 03-30-17, 05:17 PM
600rr
Pole Position

I take it the Winjet fitment wasn't an issue for you?
Everything lined up perfectly?
Old 03-30-17, 07:56 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by MatrixPC
LOL my friend said the same thing hahaha, Nissan Nismo package has everything with Nismo parts, Acura Type S has every Type S performance so does Mercedes BMW, Lexus F sport only including Badges and cosmetic looks no performance parts, they should including Fsport Intake Muffler Fog light front/rear Sway bar,

TRD Toyota really included everything along with TRD Supercharger back in 1999 , Stage 1 TRD Solara includes TRD bodykit Rims, stage 2 Muffler Lowering suspension by TRD, stage 3 includes TRD Supercharge, Rims Bodykit TRD muffler TRD lowering spring, intake and shock Shift **** and Badges, TRD TOyota offered performance 225/45/17 Tires as well.

I drive Lexus for family and to SHOW OFF i never thought it's a sport car with cheap S H I T badging and cosmetic looks, whenever my TRD Solara break down, i will buy TOYOTA 86 TRD Package top of the line for sure. My co-worker said, 50k $ car has no fog light ? not even Fsport intake or Muffler W T F ? i told him well i buy the Name lol
Old 04-06-17, 10:19 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 600rr
I take it the Winjet fitment wasn't an issue for you?
Everything lined up perfectly?
There's some gap gap on the shrouds, noticeable at night as light leaks around it... I'm wondering if OEM shrouds would line up with these lights. It just started snowing... so that sucks lol

Might try pushing on this driver side...
Old 04-06-17, 10:48 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ClubLUser
There's some gap gap on the shrouds, noticeable at night as light leaks around it... I'm wondering if OEM shrouds would line up with these lights. It just started snowing... so that sucks lol

Might try pushing on this driver side...
go to homedepot and get some weather stripping to cover up the gaps, much cheaper than buying a set of OEM shrouds and no guarantee that they will fit these fog lights too

Quick Reply: Winjet F Sport foglights