IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Winjet F Sport foglights

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-17, 01:25 AM
Saneddie
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks great! I'm thinking about picking up a set. Definitely for the looks rather than its function for me because Cali weather
Old 04-07-17, 11:30 AM
MatrixPC
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ClubLUser
There's some gap gap on the shrouds, noticeable at night as light leaks around it... I'm wondering if OEM shrouds would line up with these lights. It just started snowing... so that sucks lol

Might try pushing on this driver side...
On mine the shrouds fit really well. It's little or no gap at all.
What I did was to use fine grit (320 I had on hand) sand paper and smooth out the edge around the shrouds. My intention was to reduce the sharp edge when install/remove the shroud would reduce change of scratching the surrounding. I guess that also help the shroud sits better and less gap.
Old 04-07-17, 10:12 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just bought a pair of these on eBay with no instructions but the install should be okay. Glad to see others have them without any serious issues.
Old 04-20-17, 07:32 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

looking into buying these ... anybody have a wiring diagram that they came with or no?
Old 06-14-17, 11:04 AM
itsx
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by FreshIS250
looking into buying these ... anybody have a wiring diagram that they came with or no?
They have a video explaining the wires, and a generic pdf on the website. I just did the install last week myself following that video, and a few other forum posts:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9350981
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ights-diy.html

I did the install with the button inside the cabin. The hardest parts for me were removing the covers where the foglight went, and running the control cable through the firewall.
I taped the fuse and relay together, then mounted them to the side of something by the battery using velcro, and with the red wire from the fuse, i went straight to the battery., afterwards I routed the wires to the passenger side headlight, steered the wheel all the way left, exposed the back panel, and dropped the foglight connector for that side towards the wheels and fished for it with my hand, then i ran the wires above the radiator and then did the same for the drivers side. The drivers side was more difficult since there was the fluid reservoir kinda in the way so I wound up breaking a tab when removing the cover on the drivers side. You're going to want a stubby phillips, and a not stubby phillips, a flat head, small 10mm wrench or socket with extension, and a tiny flathead, zipties, electrical tape and a lighter, maybe crimpers and crimp connectors. I think I got a long hex screw driver and just put the tip of the cable onto the screwdriver and shoved it in through the firewall. I already have a dashcam hardwired to the fusebox, so i wound up tapping the ignition wire from the foglights harness to the dashcam fusetap.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tallation.html

This install took me about 5-6 hours, and the only other work I've done to the car is hardwiring a dash camera with the above link as guidance. It's not hard, just tedious and a little time consuming. I found that you have to trip the corners on the bulb housings, where a bolt goes through because i was having some fitment problems. i only had to cut the plastic surrounding it, but it didnt compromise where the bolt went through, I also couldn't thread it via the bottom mount. that little hole in the housing cap i assumed was meant for adjusting the foglights don't work because there is metal in the way, so i ziptied it.
Old 06-14-17, 11:49 AM
Phamkq
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you take a picture of what tabs broke or whatever you had to shave?
Old 06-14-17, 12:22 PM
itsx
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Phamkq
Can you take a picture of what tabs broke or whatever you had to shave?
In the pictures attached, the red rings is where you wanna look at for fitment, I'm too lazy to rip them out of my car, but in the other picture, the green triangles are where i cut. I think it's just the top triangle you gotta cut, but i might have done both because i'm pretty bad at remembering things.
Attached Thumbnails Winjet F Sport foglights-wincut2.png   Winjet F Sport foglights-wincut.png  
Old 06-14-17, 12:35 PM
ericwudi08
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phamkq
Installed them today. Fitment is MUCH better than the Spyder ones. Very one small and minor gap. The adjustment hole is very handy, just stick in a Phillips and adjust it any way you want.

You're paying $140 for the covers, wiring, and housing really since the light bulbs are changeable which was a HUGE PLUS for me.

The h11 bulbs that came with it is 4300k so theyre daytime lights - yellowish. Will be getting 6000k ones soon.

Attachment 406018Attachment 406016Attachment 406017
Personally not a fan of the crosshatch texture but the lights look really good!
Old 06-14-17, 06:06 PM
Saneddie
Driver

I had mine for a month and they look great imo also fitment is on point. I should've painted the housing gloss black before getting them installed. I'll be getting 6000k LEDs this week, the 5000ks are too dim...

Old 06-14-17, 10:11 PM
forum429
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The higher K it is the lower lumen it would be.
K is a measure of color temperature not brightness.
Old 06-15-17, 01:07 AM
Saneddie
Driver

Originally Posted by forum429
The higher K it is the lower lumen it would be.
K is a measure of color temperature not brightness.
Yeah mb... I forgot to mention I wanted a whiter light to match the DRLs a bit better and the 5000ks are halogen bulbs. I can't seem to find the exact amount of lumens these bulbs have. Any recommendations on bulbs that match the DRLs the best?

Last edited by Saneddie; 06-15-17 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-15-17, 02:22 PM
itsx
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Saneddie
Yeah mb... I forgot to mention I wanted a whiter light to match the DRLs a bit better and the 5000ks are halogen bulbs. I can't seem to find the exact amount of lumens these bulbs have. Any recommendations on bulbs that match the DRLs the best?
I just ordered these, i'll post pics when I get them installed

Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Light, Fits Fog H8, H11, H16, 2 Pack
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-15-17, 04:12 PM
Saneddie
Driver

Originally Posted by itsx
I just ordered these, i'll post pics when I get them installed

Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Light, Fits Fog H8, H11, H16, 2 Pack
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U2NHLTI/
Those are some expensive and interesting bulbs :O I have the
Philips H11 Diamond Vision Halogen Headlamps Philips H11 Diamond Vision Halogen Headlamps
on my fogs atm.
Old 06-16-17, 11:56 AM
600rr
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Saneddie
Those are some expensive and interesting bulbs :O I have the Philips H11 Diamond Vision Halogen Headlamps on my fogs atm.
Those are just LED bulbs with a ballast in series. They are brighter than any halogen bulbs but the light pattern will differ.
Old 06-16-17, 05:15 PM
duballstar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any close up pictures of the electrical connector for the Winjet fog light assemblies? My 2014 car is pre-wired for fog lights and I would like to use the existing OEM fog light electrical connectors (and add the OEM stalk w/ fog light switch). To my understanding, the DT Moto/Spyder fog light assemblies are an exact replica mold of the actual JDM fog light assemblies and are plug and play if your car is pre-wired. The iJDMtoy kit has different connectors and will NOT be plug and play. Any input or close up pictures of the Winjet electrical connector?

Here is a picture of the OEM fog light connector, in my bumper, w/ a "dead" plug from the factory because it is unused:

Here is a picture of the OEM fog light electrical connector (car side) with the "dead" plug removed:

Here is a picture of the OEM fog light electrical connector (car side) next to the DT Moto/Spyder fog light assembly electrical connector, which shows fitment for plug and play if your car is pre-wired (plus the addition of an OEM stalk w/ fog light switch for control):

Last edited by duballstar; 06-16-17 at 05:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Winjet F Sport foglights