IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Winjet F Sport foglights

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-17, 04:50 PM
Turismo
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

• Got oem fogs already, but following for curiosity..
Old 03-16-17, 08:05 PM
Phamkq
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Installed them today. Fitment is MUCH better than the Spyder ones. Very one small and minor gap. The adjustment hole is very handy, just stick in a Phillips and adjust it any way you want.

You're paying $140 for the covers, wiring, and housing really since the light bulbs are changeable which was a HUGE PLUS for me.

The h11 bulbs that came with it is 4300k so theyre daytime lights - yellowish. Will be getting 6000k ones soon.

Winjet F Sport foglights-photo10.jpgWinjet F Sport foglights-photo436.jpgWinjet F Sport foglights-photo222.jpg
Old 03-16-17, 08:07 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Phamkq
Installed them today. Fitment is MUCH better than the Spyder ones. Very one small and minor gap. The adjustment hole is very handy, just stick in a Phillips and adjust it any way you want.

You're paying $140 for the covers, wiring, and housing really since the light bulbs are changeable which was a HUGE PLUS for me.

The h11 bulbs that came with it is 4300k so theyre daytime lights - yellowish. Will be getting 6000k ones soon.

Attachment 406018Attachment 406016Attachment 406017
looks fantastic thanks for sharing photos
Old 03-16-17, 08:12 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Looks great! Adding to Wishlist!
Old 03-16-17, 09:09 PM
Phamkq
Driver

Looks like I'll be getting one of these light bulbs for the fogs (still undecided but I'd love to hear your opinions).

1) SYLVANIA H11 SilverStar Ultra High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb, (Contains 2 Bulbs)
Amazon Amazon

2) Philips H11 Diamond Vision Halogen Headlamps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GD8OL62..._ni2YybDG8BACC

3) SYLVANIA H11 SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb, (Contains 2 Bulbs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KDOAGC..._Dk2YybWKGJ8EH

Not too sure why the OSRAM CBI for H11 bulbs arent as popular like it is for the D4S bulbs

Also if it helps anyone, my shipping box was about 3.5lbs. The wires were at least 1lb. So each fog light housing unit was 1lb each. Much lighter than the Spyder fogs and easier to install

Last edited by Phamkq; 03-16-17 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-16-17, 09:22 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks like I'll be getting one of these light bulbs for the fogs (still undecided but I'd love to hear your opinions).

1) SYLVANIA H11 SilverStar Ultra High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb, (Contains 2 Bulbs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BE04C6..._Ce2Yyb3XJFM18

2) Philips H11 Diamond Vision Halogen Headlamps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GD8OL62..._ni2YybDG8BACC

3) SYLVANIA H11 SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb, (Contains 2 Bulbs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KDOAGC..._Dk2YybWKGJ8EH

Not too sure why the OSRAM CBI for H11 bulbs arent as popular like it is for the D4S bulbs

Also if it helps anyone, my shipping box was about 3.5lbs. The wires were at least 1lb. So each fog light housing unit was 1lb each. Much lighter than the Spyder fogs and easier to install

Can you get a picture with just the fog lights on, in an angle to show the cut-off line/ beam pattern?
Old 03-16-17, 09:51 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

I have the zXe bulbs on my 2006 Kawi ZZR600 as headlight bulbs. The brightness is great and it has a blue-ish white light. Depends what your preference is for color.
Old 03-17-17, 06:28 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

I got these confused for the Spyder fogs. Really exciting that these are H11. It should be simple to find LED replacements that are the same exact color as the DRL.
Old 03-17-17, 09:48 AM
Phamkq
Driver

Originally Posted by Ciggy
I got these confused for the Spyder fogs. Really exciting that these are H11. It should be simple to find LED replacements that are the same exact color as the DRL.
Yeah had to jump on it. The spyder brand is horrible with fitment + pretty heavy. Fitment on ijdm is a hit or miss from what I've seen.
Old 03-17-17, 10:16 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Hows the quality of the switch provided? Fits in blank plate panel?
Old 03-17-17, 10:20 AM
specONE
Racer

Yeah had to jump on it. The spyder brand is horrible with fitment + pretty heavy. Fitment on ijdm is a hit or miss from what I've seen.
Not sure why i'm seeing that people state the Spyder Brand ones have horrible fitment but when i look at photos of it online it is a direct copy of the OEM JDM ones down to everything as if it had 3d Scanned it to make it.
But i've also not personally held a set of Spyder in person.
Old 03-17-17, 10:25 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE
Not sure why i'm seeing that people state the Spyder Brand ones have horrible fitment but when i look at photos of it online it is a direct copy of the OEM JDM ones down to everything as if it had 3d Scanned it to make it.
But i've also not personally held a set of Spyder in person.
I was kinda surprised by this as well. After I read that, I went and looked at mine. Fitment looks fine - maybe I'm missing something.
Old 03-17-17, 10:28 AM
Phamkq
Driver

You guys got lucky, it's probably hit or miss. My spyder brand had a hard time fitting, the screw holes were off by half an inch. The covers also had random gaps.

I can't personally say anything about the Winjet fog's button as I am not using it. Mine has been relayed to my OEM light switch
Old 03-17-17, 11:02 AM
specONE
Racer

You guys got lucky, it's probably hit or miss. My spyder brand had a hard time fitting, the screw holes were off by half an inch. The covers also had random gaps.

I can't personally say anything about the Winjet fog's button as I am not using it. Mine has been relayed to my OEM light switch
I recall someone posting about this a while back, was this you? Do you have photos of you of them not lining up? I do not recall seeing any posted on that thread.

Can you post some close up of the fog light switch supplied with the Winjet from all angles, I am just curious of the quality. When you press the button to click it ON and OFF, does it felt very clicky (cheapy like) or is it a soft touch click sound?
Old 03-18-17, 03:47 AM
Phamkq
Driver

Originally Posted by specONE
I recall someone posting about this a while back, was this you? Do you have photos of you of them not lining up? I do not recall seeing any posted on that thread.

Can you post some close up of the fog light switch supplied with the Winjet from all angles, I am just curious of the quality. When you press the button to click it ON and OFF, does it felt very clicky (cheapy like) or is it a soft touch click sound?

I was so mad about the fitment that they came off right away, forgot to take pictures. It was probably me haha.

I used my OEM light control switch to turn them on The wiring kit is just sitting around. The button is a bit clicky but it feels really smooth, it is hard to explain.

Quick Reply: Winjet F Sport foglights