IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Whats the different between Luxury and F-sport ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-17, 07:18 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Whats the different between Luxury and F-sport ?

Title says it, as most of you know i'm current own a Gen2 2011 IS350 AWD Luxury package, i'm thinking to get either Gen3 IS350 AWD or a TL or Infiniti Q50 and i would like to know the difference between the 2, what's included in Fsport package ? lowering springs ? shock ? Intake or Muffler ? beside the Fsport gauge bumper badging and cosmetic look ? thanks.
Old 02-25-17, 07:53 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Besides the obvious cosmetics as you pointed out including in the interior, here's a summary of the key differences:

F Sport vs non-F Sport
- Sport tuned suspension - Springs and dampers a little firmer (but same ride height as non-F Sport)
- Nuluxe only F Sport seats (no leather available)
- No memory package available (seats, mirrors, power tilt/telescopic steering, Driver Easy Exit)
- No adaptive lighting
- No backup sensors
- No power rear window sunshade
- Adaptive Variable Suspension on 350 F Sport only
- LFA-style Sport gauge cluster vs more traditional dual gauge cluster
- Plastic F-Sport interior trim vs genuine wood trim

Engine, transmission, gearing, tire dimensions, brakes, safety systems (except parking sensors), tech, etc, all the same between both vehicles.

In short, you trade off some minor equipment in the non-F Sport for the AVS, sportier drive and cosmetics of the F Sport. Happy shopping!
The following 2 users liked this post by corradoMR2:
davyjordi (02-26-17), Solara350 (02-26-17)
Old 02-25-17, 08:05 PM
gianttama
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Non f has fog light while f does not.

I thought f is 8 speed tran and non f is traditional 6?
The following users liked this post:
Solara350 (02-26-17)
Old 02-25-17, 09:31 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

In sense, there is a backup sensor for BOTH fsport and non fsport in the 3IS.

RCTA, rear cross traffic alert. If you have Blind Spot Monitor, you will have RCTA as well. It basically beeps/warns when there is motion when your in reverse
The following users liked this post:
Solara350 (02-26-17)
Old 02-26-17, 06:55 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by gianttama
Non f has fog light while f does not.

I thought f is 8 speed tran and non f is traditional 6?
the non-f-sport models now also come with the 8-speed transmission.
Old 02-26-17, 06:56 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Besides the obvious cosmetics as you pointed out including in the interior, here's a summary of the key differences:

F Sport vs non-F Sport
- Sport tuned suspension - Springs and dampers a little firmer (but same ride height as non-F Sport)
- No memory package available (seats, mirrors, power tilt/telescopic steering, Driver Easy Exit)
- No adaptive lighting
- No backup sensors

Engine, transmission, gearing, tire dimensions, brakes, safety systems (except parking sensors), tech, etc, all the same between both vehicles.

In short, you trade off some minor equipment in the non-F Sport for the AVS, sportier drive and cosmetics of the F Sport. Happy shopping!
I'd like to say thanks everyone for your great info !

CorradoMR2 lol you have every Lexus vehicle i'm from Toronto too, so suspension wise they do have spring and damper and the AVS suspension, sorry for 1 more question about sport MODE, when you turn the **** to sport or sport+, how is the different compare to normal MODE ? is it like the GEN2 when you turn the PRW green on ? on my 2011 350 in particular, when i switch to Manual Shift the steering wheel feel a bit harder and firmed, when i turn on the Green PWR mode, the gear shifting and the RPM hard to tell but it's like 5speed same to my old 1992 Honda Prelude, thanks so much for your time.
Old 02-26-17, 06:59 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
In sense, there is a backup sensor for BOTH fsport and non fsport in the 3IS.

RCTA, rear cross traffic alert. If you have Blind Spot Monitor, you will have RCTA as well. It basically beeps/warns when there is motion when your in reverse
that's different than parking assist, though, and i believe corrado was referring to parking assist, which the f-sport models cannot come equipped with. the luxury models come with both park assist and rear cross traffic alert.
Old 02-26-17, 07:42 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
I'd like to say thanks everyone for your great info !

CorradoMR2 lol you have every Lexus vehicle i'm from Toronto too, so suspension wise they do have spring and damper and the AVS suspension, sorry for 1 more question about sport MODE, when you turn the **** to sport or sport+, how is the different compare to normal MODE ? is it like the GEN2 when you turn the PRW green on ? on my 2011 350 in particular, when i switch to Manual Shift the steering wheel feel a bit harder and firmed, when i turn on the Green PWR mode, the gear shifting and the RPM hard to tell but it's like 5speed same to my old 1992 Honda Prelude, thanks so much for your time.
Sport + is only available in the IS350 F Sport and it activates the AVS. The steering also becomes a bit firmer. The throttle is more sensitive and it won't shift into 7 or 8th gear so it kills gas mileage...basically you can't just leave it in sport + all the time as it kills your mpg.
Old 02-26-17, 08:55 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Sport + is only available in the IS350 F Sport and it activates the AVS. The steering also becomes a bit firmer. The throttle is more sensitive and it won't shift into 7 or 8th gear so it kills gas mileage...basically you can't just leave it in sport + all the time as it kills your mpg.

Correct, though a couple of clarifications. AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension) is always enabled regardless of the Drive Select Mode (Eco, Normal, Sport S, Sport S+). The AVS is always trying to optimize dampening forces in all four modes depending on speed, roll, pitch, heave to provide the most stable (and comfortable) drive.

The difference in the Drive Select modes, regarding the AVS, lies in the boundaries of "firmness".

- AVS in Eco, Normal, or Sport S will operate with a softer dampening threshold.
- AVS in Sport S+ will operate with a slightly firmer dampening threshold to reduce body roll and provide a slightly sportier ride.

As for steering, it firms up a bit in both Sport S and Sport S+, throttle response is a little more aggressive than Normal (Eco is softest on throttle response), and tranny shift points are higher up in the two Sport modes.

To note, the 2IS when using "manual" shifting, would downshift to 4th gear when at highway speeds and the entire up/downshifting operation was more about setting the highest or lowest gear for the car to decide when to shift. In the 3IS, different story. Once the car is at normal operating temps, you control when to shift in Manual mode either from the Paddles or the tranny selector. Of course the ECU will still prevent you from downshifting or upshifting beyond the redline or at a minimum speed for example, the car won't allow you to shift in 3rd gear at 20 km/hr but at around 30 km/hr or higher, it will.
Old 02-26-17, 04:46 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,510 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Nuluxe only F Sport seats (no leather available)
Note, the F Sport seats are better-setup for sporty driving and hug the driver a bit tighter. Personally from my first impressions they were equally comfortable, but I preferred the F Sport seats over the standard ones. NuLuxe is a good-feeling material - soft and smooth - even if it isn't real leather.
Old 02-26-17, 05:19 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
For the OP, 8-speed and variable gear ratio steering (VGRS) is not available in Canada since we can only get the 350 in AWD for 2016+ models.
Old 02-26-17, 05:49 PM
sirwawa
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

F Sport vs non-F Sport
- No adaptive lighting
- No backup sensors

I have the power rear window sunshade and it's an f-sport
what is the adaptive lighting?
Old 02-26-17, 08:19 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Cosmetically, the front has a completely different style grill / bumper. The wheels are also a different style.
Old 02-27-17, 05:47 AM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The F Sport just looks better. I usually see older people driving around the base model. Just my observation.
Old 02-27-17, 06:56 AM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Few corrections. 8-speed is only on RWD models. So not available in Canada.

F-sport DOES come with rear sunshade. At least on the F-sport 3 it does.

I don't know if there is a difference in interior material between US and Canada models? Mine sure as heck feels like real leather in my F-sport. ??

Quick Reply: Whats the different between Luxury and F-sport ?