IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Your Lexus Wish List???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-17, 01:15 PM
h2ouup2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Your Lexus Wish List???

Some things I wish Lexus would change with the IS XXX. If you are reading this Lexus it would be a great for the consumer and would even boost sales!

These are a few of mine. Everyone list yours as well.

1. Backup camera

a. I wish it would stay on when going forward until you reached a speed of 5MPH. This is really nice when you pulling into a garage to see if you have cleared the garage door.

b. The ability to toggle it on while setting in traffic, there are times You would like to see what's happening behind you.

c. Additional lights when backing up.

2. Radio

a. If I'm a source I would like one of the buttons on the steering wheel to scroll through “that” source. As it is now it scrolls from my favorite list, changing the source. Why can’t one button scroll from your favorite, and one from the source you are on. – Maybe it does and I just haven’t figured it out.

b. Bigger HDD.

i. Fifteen minutes is not bad to re-wind a radio, but I would like to be able to record a show to listen to it later.

ii. Be able to stop your car, turn it off, and finish recording a show in progress

1. Now I know they will say content providers might not like this, but put an expiration date on the recordings.

c. Record all content, not just the Radio (again this might be a provider hurdle).

3. Better Voice Recognition

a. Maybe it’s my “hick voice”, but there are times it just doesn’t understand me. My 2012 F150 is better than my 2015 IS on this. – And even after teaching it.

4. Cup Holders

a. This has already been mentioned several times, but…really Lexus. I don’t know exactly how to fix this one, maybe this type of crowd should be drinking anything other than from a water bottle.

5. Navigation

a. So, I had the radio throw an error code, and got a new one, along with the most updated Navigation available. I enter a residential street address that has been in our four seven years! It’s not on the map. The eight year old section is, but not the seven year old.

b. I would like to see the ability to display the map from your phone onto the screen of the NAV Unit, or even if you don’t have NAV be able to use the one on your phone to interface with the screen. I can have it play the turn by turn over the cars speakers, and even sit it up to see it, ( I have an iPad mini with cellular data that works great for that) but streaming it onto the screen would be nice

c. Even better would be NAV that updates automatically like Google Maps does on your phone, always up to date. (This would take out some of their profit though).

6. A Rear Window Wipera. I had one on my 1987 Toyota Supra, why not on my Lexus 30 years later? Sure, you don’t need it all the time, but when you do, you do. Even if it was an option, it would be nice to have.

7. Auto Start

a. I can auto start my car, great, but when I open the door the cars turns off and I have to re-start it. They say it’s a safety feature. Okay, how about fixing it so you cannot shift into any gear until the car senses the key actually in the car, and a person in the driver’s seat? This way when I get in the car I can just go.

b. Have auto start available and activated EVEN if you don’t have an ENFORM subscription.

i. Why should I have to pay for auto start every year? If it’s on the car then make it work all the time. People who want to use their phone to start the car could still use ENFORM if needed.

ii. I do like how you can use the key to press the lock button twice, then press and hold the lock button a third time to auto start the car, and I wish Lexus would make more people aware of this, and make it available “again” without having to have an ENFORM subscription.

8. ENFORM

a. Make it more cost effective.

i. Ala-Cart or pay as you go option.

ii. Lower yearly options

iii. Bigger discounts for multiple years.

iv. As a bonus if you have an extended warranty.

9. Twin Turbo

a. My 2012 F150 has a 3.5L twin turbo, and runs like a champ. Great HP & torque. Why couldn’t Lexus take a page from Ford and put on in the IS? My Lord it would be a beast.

10. Eight speed transmission standard, 10 speed optional.

Okay, I’m stopping at 10 on my wish list. I know some of them are way out there, and may never even see the light of day. I really like my IS250 (actually it’s the wife’s), and think it’s a great car. Some of the infotainment items could be better. Really if Lexus would listen to the customers on this site, and implement some of the most asked for items, or redesign some of the most complained about items, they could have a world class car in every aspect.

So what’s your wish list?
The following users liked this post:
Jbreezie (02-13-17)
Old 02-11-17, 01:23 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

1) fix the turbo lag
2) adjustable suspension on 200t
3) memory seats on 200t
4) flat bottom steering wheel
5) auto-volume on stock radio

that's about it...for now. i really like the car.
Old 02-11-17, 04:32 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Just one thing. ISF
Old 02-11-17, 07:19 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

As desirable as most of these suggestions are, I’m afraid that if implemented they would price our IS models out of their traditional range. I, for one, would not want to pay $75,000 for a future IS.
Old 02-11-17, 07:37 PM
1Louder
Intermediate

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

200t F-sport:
1) Agree with fixing the turbo lag, even if just a bit
2) Also agree with memory seats
3) Add a small second screen for radio - show current song, title, artist, and have access to your presets so you can select one rather than have to scroll up and down. Lets you see a full map on the existing screen rather than split it.
4) There's no place to put a wallet or set something on the center console. I have to keep loose stuff in the cup holder. A small cubby hole or something....
5) Better scroll and volume wheel on the steering wheel. The Acura TLX one is very good (scroll wheel up and down for volume, bump wheel left or right to scroll)
6) Autostop feature (engine stops when at lights, etc.)
Old 02-11-17, 09:50 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Turbo lag can be fixed by replacing intake + charge pipe.

check the review of our products,
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...torsports.html
Old 02-11-17, 10:05 PM
robert2423
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

we need a TT v6 IS.
Old 02-12-17, 02:24 PM
h2ouup2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Magellan
As desirable as most of these suggestions are, I’m afraid that if implemented they would price our IS models out of their traditional range. I, for one, would not want to pay $75,000 for a future IS.
I don't think this would raise the price 30K or more.

1,2,3 are software updates.- Really not much of a cost - $100
4 is just a re-design (17's I hear are better but I haven't seen them) - $0
5 May be a subscription it you had it hard coded in the NAV, and software (a little hardware if you mirrored your phone on the NAV screen) - $200
6. Cost of a wiper & motor $100
7. They already have this on the car, just make it work without having to have an ENFORM subscription - $0
8. Lowering the ENFORM subscription would cost nothing to us, if Lexus sold more, they could still break even so $0
9. This would be a big upgrade and could cost if a person wanted it. I'd say $2500 - Ford charges $1105 difference so this should be good here.
10. The eight speed wold be about $500 more, and getting a 10 speed about $1000

So the total price difference could be around 4K+/-. If you left out the engine and transmission your looking at about $400 in additional cost, noting that many of these items would come as redesigns.
Old 02-12-17, 03:41 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

· Well, if these improvements are not that costly, then why haven’t we seen them in the four years since the 3IS was introduced? I can think of a few reasons:

· * Perhaps some are bit costly.
· * Maybe some of them will be purposely introduced in substituent years with a routine price increase (I sometimes think the smaller nav screen in my ’16 is in that category.).
· * Maybe not enough buyers want all these features (a rear window wiper may be appropriate here. I had one in my Datsun 280ZX years ago and it was near useless and somewhat spoiled the car’s looks from the rear.)
Old 02-12-17, 03:53 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I can turn on my backup camera anytime while driving with Beatsonic front camera switch.

I do wish Lexus starts adding surround view cameras for this car.
Old 02-12-17, 03:59 PM
h2ouup2
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by dojoman
I can turn on my backup camera anytime while driving with Beatsonic front camera switch.

I do wish Lexus starts adding surround view cameras for this car.
I hear the Beatsonic are pretty cool. Did you do it yourself or did you have it done?

I too would like surround view cameras for the car.

---------------------------
As far as cost, it would be nice if they were at least available. I think a rear wiper that was hidden and only came out when needed would be good. There are times when the rain and road spray just make it impossible to see out the back window. This is not a killer by any means, but still would be nice to at least have one.

Anyway back on topic. - This is a great car, at an affordable price based on its type. I just wanted ideas of a wish list for the IS models, crazy or reasonable - you never know we might just get them.
Old 02-12-17, 05:54 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by h2ouup2
I hear the Beatsonic are pretty cool. Did you do it yourself or did you have it done?

I too would like surround view cameras for the car.

---------------------------
As far as cost, it would be nice if they were at least available. I think a rear wiper that was hidden and only came out when needed would be good. There are times when the rain and road spray just make it impossible to see out the back window. This is not a killer by any means, but still would be nice to at least have one.

Anyway back on topic. - This is a great car, at an affordable price based on its type. I just wanted ideas of a wish list for the IS models, crazy or reasonable - you never know we might just get them.
i installed it myself. There are some videos on Beatsonic website with instructions. It's pretty easy except routing the wire from front of the car to Nav screen area.
Old 02-12-17, 06:03 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gpxluke
Turbo lag can be fixed by replacing intake + charge pipe.

check the review of our products,
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...torsports.html

not according to the link you provided. you might take another look.
Old 02-13-17, 08:37 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

thought of another one...the side mirrors. they're too big, too high. they obstruct your view. you have to actually look around them sometimes especially when making a left turn.
Old 02-13-17, 08:51 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by gbgary
thought of another one...the side mirrors. they're too big, too high. they obstruct your view. you have to actually look around them sometimes especially when making a left turn.
That's the first time I've heard that before.. Is your preferred seating position quite low and aft? I think the mirrors are a great size and I prefer that they are mounted on the door panel rather than off the window.

Quick Reply: Your Lexus Wish List???