IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

triple beam led's

Old 01-14-17, 07:47 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts
Default triple beam led's

would it be possible to obtain the triple beam leds for the IS somehow in north america and install them on the car? i cant get over the fact how we dont get them, and theyre just too appealing to not obtain them somehow. or is the amount of money they would cost not even be worth it to have them?
Attached Thumbnails triple beam led's-fullsizeoutput_125c.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
Nigel-JDMParts (01-24-17)
Old 01-14-17, 09:19 PM
ValpoPilot
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, those definitely look awesome. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in but I have a feeling that it would be cost prohibitive simply to obtain them, let alone whether they would be plug and play or not.
Old 01-17-17, 12:33 PM
SolsticeM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like the reason they weren't available was because they weren't to spec for NA safety laws - not sure if we'd be able to legally install even after importing.
Old 01-17-17, 11:37 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The NA safety laws are behind apparently. It also the same reason why you have not seen the laser headlight here either for some vehicle manufacturers which uses them in Europe which has much better light output and using less power consumption than LED.
Old 01-18-17, 08:39 AM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If NA safety laws aren't being violated then it would totally be an upgrade worth doing. I mean people already pay ridiculous amounts of money for Lexus OEM window visors so I'm sure people would pay good money for these headlights. I would if they're within $500-$900 range but I still refuse to pay the outrageous price for those OEM window visors, that look so damn good...
Old 01-18-17, 05:34 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

this sucks to hear the IS looks 10x more luxurious with the triple beams
Old 01-18-17, 08:27 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Let me chime in -- I suspect the reason of not bringing the triple beam LED headlights or what Lexus would have called it Premium LED headlights (to be consistent to offering to RX, NX, etc) is cost.

If you look at the standard equipment for 2017 IS in Japanese domestic market, the lame LED headlights we get in North America are standard equipment for regular IS350 and IS350 F-Sport. Then for luxury package or what they refer to L package, that premium triple beam LED is standard.

But IS sold in some other market are more expensive.

http://lexus.jp/models/is/specificat...350/index.html

We will never know the truth until someone from Lexus USA or Lexus Canada state the reason.
Old 01-18-17, 10:09 PM
Jesse23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Let me chime in -- I suspect the reason of not bringing the triple beam LED headlights or what Lexus would have called it Premium LED headlights (to be consistent to offering to RX, NX, etc) is cost.

If you look at the standard equipment for 2017 IS in Japanese domestic market, the lame LED headlights we get in North America are standard equipment for regular IS350 and IS350 F-Sport. Then for luxury package or what they refer to L package, that premium triple beam LED is standard.

But IS sold in some other market are more expensive.

http://lexus.jp/models/is/specificat...350/index.html

We will never know the truth until someone from Lexus USA or Lexus Canada state the reason.
Here in Australia we do have the JDM spec cars but, for example, a new IS350 F sport (w/o sunroof) is about AU$75,000(RRP) plus on-road costs.
Old 01-20-17, 09:33 AM
ISTORO
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

They should at least offer the triple led head lights/turn signals as an option like some of the other Lexus models. Looks so much better than the single units on the US spec refresh.
Old 01-20-17, 03:37 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't see what the draw is on them.
Old 01-20-17, 04:55 PM
ValpoPilot
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They look good but I don't think it's worth paying for outright to do a retrofit. If it was an option during purchase maybe.
Old 01-21-17, 08:54 AM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My bet is that they may offer them on 2018 models to keep demand and get people into the newer model year. I feel like Lexus plays games like this to keep our interest.
Old 01-23-17, 03:26 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Originally Posted by mjh09e
My bet is that they may offer them on 2018 models to keep demand and get people into the newer model year. I feel like Lexus plays games like this to keep our interest.
i was thinking that since it was a somewhat "secret" option in the 2016 GS, and then offered as a stand alone option on the 2017's and then the RC not having them offered at all for 2 years and now they are
Old 01-24-17, 11:28 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r
would it be possible to obtain the triple beam leds for the IS somehow in north america and install them on the car? i cant get over the fact how we dont get them, and theyre just too appealing to not obtain them somehow. or is the amount of money they would cost not even be worth it to have them?
​​​​​​​SURE!! We can get any genuine lexus parts
Old 01-24-17, 11:29 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonIS
If NA safety laws aren't being violated then it would totally be an upgrade worth doing. I mean people already pay ridiculous amounts of money for Lexus OEM window visors so I'm sure people would pay good money for these headlights. I would if they're within $500-$900 range but I still refuse to pay the outrageous price for those OEM window visors, that look so damn good...
You underrated how expensive these LED headlight are from Lexus.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: triple beam led's