ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   F sport modes and steering sensitivity (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/840141-f-sport-modes-and-steering-sensitivity.html)

Miggy2349 11-22-16 11:23 PM

F sport modes and steering sensitivity

hey guys, so last Thursday i bought a new is 350 F Sport. I have been recently playing around with modes (eco, sport, sport plus) the only difference i noticed is transmission and acceleration. On sport plus i don't notice any difference on suspension and steering sensitivity feels just like eco mode...
do you guys feel any difference on steering sensitivity while sport mode? i have heard it should feel stiffer, im planning to take my car to fhe dealer tomorrow.

dnasians 11-23-16 01:14 AM

front suspension should stiffen, steering tightens up, and accel pedal is more sensitive. all of these should be noticible changes when going into s+ mode.

i bet you're not going into s+. turn the selector to the right for s mode, then turn it one more time to put it into s+

Miggy2349 11-23-16 03:15 AM

Trust me i am. One time to the right is sport and the again to the right shows sport plus, only difference i feel is transmission and acceleration, Thanks for clarifying i think my car has something wrong

Mrg02d 11-23-16 04:37 AM

It's probably just more subtle than you are expecting. It's not a night and day difference, but noticeable if you drive in normal mode a lot.

yardie876 11-23-16 05:05 AM

The change over smooth roads is hard to feel sometimes. Change it while on a less than perfect road and you'll surely be able to tell the difference.

Miggy2349 11-23-16 05:39 AM

I will give updates on what the dealer tells me, im on my way now. @mrg02d i have been driving on normal and eco since i dont want to abuse accelerate fully and beat the car till at least 500 or 1000 miles. It only has 169 miles today so far

Sexis350 11-23-16 07:36 AM

The car is designed to be smooth. You wont notice anything until your redlining and actually cornering the car fast.

Mrg02d 11-23-16 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Miggy2349 (Post 9688366)
I will give updates on what the dealer tells me, im on my way now. @mrg02d i have been driving on normal and eco since i dont want to abuse accelerate fully and beat the car till at least 500 or 1000 miles. It only has 169 miles today so far

Ahhh, so you are still going easy on it. Wait until you are able to hit some turns at speed, you'll feel a difference then. :-)

leo877 11-23-16 11:13 AM

soon you will be able to tell the differences :)

computerwi 11-23-16 12:54 PM

Only RWD models get variable gear ratio steering. In Sport+, the response should be quicker.

Miggy2349 11-23-16 03:15 PM

I just got my car back, they saw the car and did some test and they said it was fine even by plugging in a tester on the car untill they actually test drove it, they told me a few cars did not came well calibrated steering wheel on the computer on 2016 to that area, is just weird it left me thinking, i just googled lexus steering wheel ecu, does this cars have ecu for steering too? Lol. these cars theses days are almost robots.
My car steering feels more responsive on sport and sport plus under hard acceleration , i haven't feel when it tights up but it does feels a difference from before,

yardie876 11-23-16 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Miggy2349
I just got my car back, they saw the car and did some test and they said it was fine even by plugging in a tester on the car untill they actually test drove it, they told me a few cars did not came well calibrated steering wheel on the computer on 2016 to that area, is just weird it left me thinking, i just googled lexus steering wheel ecu, does this cars have ecu for steering too? Lol. these cars theses days are almost robots.
My car steering feels more responsive on sport and sport plus under hard acceleration , i haven't feel when it tights up but it does feels a difference from before,

The easiest way to test out the steering ratio change in sport+ is on a long stretch of road or highway. Switch back and forth between sport and sport+ and you should be able to see how much more the car will veer left and right with the same amount of steering input in sport+.

EZZ 11-23-16 03:42 PM

I definitely feel the steering wheel tighten up in Sport+. The suspension also gets stiffer. Makes getting the F-Sport package completely worth it.