IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

I jumped ship!!!

Old 11-20-16, 04:57 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I jumped ship!!!

Hi everyone.

For the last 10 years I've had seven different Lexus vehicles. I have been a very loyal Lexus customer. My last car was a 2015 RC 350 F sport. I love this car with one exception, it sat very low and aggravated for the last year and a half, a pre-existing back condition. I would practically fall into the car to get into it because it's so low and it's such a slow seating car.

I was waiting for the 2017 IS to come in and I realized as I thought more more about it, that even with the exterior mini facelift and some changes to the interior, I really wasn't that excited about trying to get into that car. I realized I will be driving pretty much the same exact car and that I needed a change. It was time that I had to get out of the RC at the urging of both my physical therapist and my orthopedist.

To make a long story short, I have jumped ship. I leased a 2017 Mercedes C300 sport sedan. I thought I would give another type of luxury car a chance and drive something else. As I said for the last 10 years I've had Lexus vehicles and prior to that I had 10 years of Hondas. So I guess I get an itch to drive something new every 10 years.

I will always follow this form because I do love each one of my Lexus vehicles and I would never have gotten rid of my RC if it wasn't for this back issue. There is no cure for my back I would have to have a major back surgery.

I look forward to driving my new car a lot over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend because I got it Friday evening, had the windows tinted yesterday, and currently have my detailer out here applying Beeds ceramic coating to it.

I wish everyone the best and I look forward to keeping up with this forum and now becoming a Mercedes forum member.

Sincerely

debbie
Old 11-20-16, 05:25 PM
nslac
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations! Enjoy the Merc.

I am in the process of ordering 2017 C63s coupe, never ever thought I would get a German car.
Old 11-20-16, 05:34 PM
Almoktar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really hope that you get better with your back and everything goes well for you.
I totally agree that the seats of the car hurts your back by the time, that makes me keep thinking to change my seat design or that will cause problems for me in the future.

We really hope to see you soon man.
Old 11-20-16, 06:24 PM
bolaga
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was thinking about C300, until many reports that the transmission is not behaving right and crap out really fast. Some even report the car turn into flame on freeway....

On top of that, it's slow, even slower than the IS.... 2017 Audi A4 or BMW 328i might be a much better choice IMO.
Old 11-20-16, 06:58 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bolaga
It's slow, even slower than the IS.... 2017 Audi A4 or BMW 328i might be a much better choice IMO.
Performance numbers aren't everything although that comment about the transmission is worrying. Perhaps she values a luxurious interior (one of the reasons to select a MB or Lexus over the competition) more than she values speed.

Debbie, I hope you enjoy your new car!
Old 11-20-16, 10:29 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
Performance numbers aren't everything although that comment about the transmission is worrying. Perhaps she values a luxurious interior (one of the reasons to select a MB or Lexus over the competition) more than she values speed.

Debbie, I hope you enjoy your new car!
Thank you. I drove the c300 sport sedan extensively and found it pretty fast. Much faster than my RC 350. The RC is a really heavy car with an underpowered transmission for the weight. As far as the engine crapping out in the Mercedes , that was the 2015 models, mine is a 2017. I have friends that have various Mercedes cars and feel that they are a great drive and very reliable. The E class has the same turbo engine as the C class does. I value a luxurious interior and something that's fun to drive as speed is a factor as well. This car has a punch to it. I found it quicker and more responsive than my RC was. I would have to floor my RC to get a punch out of it. My C300 sport sedan can really take off like a rocket. I'm looking forward to getting better gas mileage with this car. It also has way more amenities and features that Lexus just doesn't even have and I'm a big fan of Lexus vehicles.

I'm just leasing the car so if I don't like it or it gives me problems I will eventually just turn it in early. I am hoping it to keep the it during the three-year lease term.

Last edited by dstopsie; 11-21-16 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-20-16, 11:28 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Nice vehicle history!

Enjoy your new ride, post pics of it?
Old 11-21-16, 02:28 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tnilc
Nice vehicle history!

Enjoy your new ride, post pics of it?
Thank you!!

here is a pic of my new ride after I had the windows tinted.
Attached Thumbnails I jumped ship!!!-img_0225.jpg  
Old 11-21-16, 02:31 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Here is another pic the day I picked it up at the dealer
Attached Thumbnails I jumped ship!!!-img_0219.jpg  
Old 11-21-16, 02:34 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

And another at the dealer on delivery day!!
Attached Thumbnails I jumped ship!!!-img_0223.jpg  

Last edited by dstopsie; 11-21-16 at 02:38 AM.
Old 11-21-16, 02:39 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Last one- front view
Attached Thumbnails I jumped ship!!!-img_0213.jpg  
Old 11-21-16, 03:14 AM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Thank you. I drove the c300 sport sedan extensively and found it pretty fast. Much faster than my RC 350. The RC is a really heavy car with an underpowered transmission for the weight. As far as the engine crapping out in the Mercedes , that was the 2015 models, mine is a 2017. I have friends that have various Mercedes cars and feel that they are a great drive and very reliable. The E class has the same turbo engine as the C class does. I value a luxurious interior and something that's fun to drive as speed is a factor as well. This car has a punch to it. I found it quicker and more responsive than my RC was. I would have to floor my RC to get a punch out of it. My C300 sport sedan can really take off like a rocket. I'm looking forward to getting better gas mileage with this car. It also has way more amenities and features that Lexus just doesn't even have and I'm a big fan of Lexus vehicles.

I'm just leasing the car so if I don't like it or it gives me problems I will eventually just turn it in early. I am hoping it to keep the it during the three-year lease term.
c300 listed as 6.2s 0-60. Your rc350 must have been broken or something.
Old 11-21-16, 06:05 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mrg02d
c300 listed as 6.2s 0-60. Your rc350 must have been broken or something.

IS 350 is 0-60 in 5.6 seconds
RC350 0-60 in 5.8 seconds

per Mercedes C300 sport sedan brochure 0-60 in 6 seconds. Off the line the torque in RC350 is 277, and in my C300 sport sedan it's 273.

RC is heavier than the IS350. I got the RC 350 I noticed it was slower off the line then my IS 350 ever was. IRC 350 is also heavily criticized because it's about 300 pounds heavier than an IS350.

Believe me my RC 350 was never broken it just was not a zippy car. This can be validated if you follow the RC forum.
Old 11-21-16, 06:12 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

From Mercedes own website
Attached Thumbnails I jumped ship!!!-img_0141.png  
Old 11-21-16, 06:30 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

From the Lexus website on the IS turbo
Attached Thumbnails I jumped ship!!!-img_0142.png