IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

carbon fiber trim panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-16, 07:01 AM
slickster9
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default carbon fiber trim panel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272360989996?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
does anyone know the dimensions of the console with the nav controls?
I would like to order this for my vehicle, but I have the wrist rest instead, since my car didn't come with nav.
I have contacted the seller, but they were of no help.
if I were home id just wrap it, but im not.
I am interested in a piece like this, which would be easy for someone else to install for me.
Old 10-03-16, 12:07 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi - your story is a bit confusing...do you have Nav or not? Your post says "I have the wrist rest instead, since my car didn't come with nav." But my understanding is that the wrist rest only comes with cars with nav. If you don't have nav, your set-up should look just like the "pocket" as in the ebay pic? That photo is definitely a car without nav. If you have nav....

You very likely have seat temp controls (do all IS have at least heated seats?)....and this covers up the Seat Heat/Ventilation controls (+steering wheel heater if you have that). If you have nav, you definitely have heat (and vent if 2015+).

To answer your question, I'd imagine that the nav/non-nav wrist areas are the same size for manufacturing efficiency, but covering up the seat temp controls kills the deal. This thing looks really easy to install - probably just 3M tape, peel and stick w/o having to remove anything!
Old 10-04-16, 05:44 AM
slickster9
Pole Position

Rocketg35- my apologies for the confusion....ive never even stepped foot inside my vehicle. I have everything being done by someone else. I should've verified with them before asking to clarify the situation.
I DO NOT have nav so this should fit perfectly according to your post. thanks for the info and clarification. yes according to the seller it adheres with 3m tape...very easy.
thanks again.
Old 10-04-16, 08:10 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by slickster9
Rocketg35- my apologies for the confusion....ive never even stepped foot inside my vehicle. I have everything being done by someone else. I should've verified with them before asking to clarify the situation.
I DO NOT have nav so this should fit perfectly according to your post. thanks for the info and clarification. yes according to the seller it adheres with 3m tape...very easy.
thanks again.
You should make sure you don't have seat heaters/vents too. You've never stepped foot inside your vehicle? Is it on order or are you away? I thought you bought your car in May? Since this an easy mod to do, why not just wait until you see your car and then do it yourself? It's just tape. Good luck.
Old 10-05-16, 01:12 AM
slickster9
Pole Position

ahh yes I do have the seat heaters and vents. no I haven't had the chance yet, I work overseas and get home only a few weeks a year. during that time I have more important priorities than working on my car. yes I did buy my car around that time frame you are correct.
just got my plates this past week finally, after a mess up with the dealership. for some reason I gave them my NV address and they gave me CA plates instead. don't have time to deal with that now though. the car is in sac anyways so no big deal
hah....yes it is an easy mod, but I would rather the other person just bang it on there since I wont be home for another 6 months. that's why I picked this for them to do since it was pretty straight forward.