IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Subwoofer Install DIY on Factory non-ML Amp. 2016 IS200t -- too easy.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-17, 03:55 PM
Strmtrpr4
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Is200tnc
Just a heads up. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but I wired my amp and sub the same way you did (BTW!!! THANKS FOR THE INSTALL PROCEDURE!!!) and my system sounds great. Issue,....Due to the dynamics of the is200t sterio system I have amazing bass up to about 30. Once I hit 31 I notice that the bass starts to fade off a bit all the way up to say 45. Thus being that the system has a stock processor that is designed to keep you from blowing your speakers. That is great if we were dealing with the stock speakers but when you add a sub and amp you want to get the max benefit out of it. I have personally not been able to fix this issue yet. There are various processors available to helop this issue but I have yet to do it. I'm getting old so my speakers don't generally get turned up past 30 now a days anyway. Just a heads up about the issue with Lexus head units and the install.
lol I thought I had a phase issue cause I heard this too when i did the install. I assumed since the volume went up, I pushed more bass through the main speakers causing the phase in the sub. Good to know!
Old 08-23-17, 07:40 PM
TomekIS350
Driver School Candidate

Where did you land the remote wire? I must of missed it somewhere. Thanks
Old 08-23-17, 07:47 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TomekIS350
Where did you land the remote wire? I must of missed it somewhere. Thanks
. As for your remote turn-on wire, on my 2016, it was the small brown wire in the corner of the SMALL harness. Confirm with multimeter. You want 12V when car is ON and nothing when off
Old 08-24-17, 04:15 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,078 Likes on 1,569 Posts

I gotta update this thread with new pics of the new setup. the box simply has a pair of speaker wires and nothing else now. removal is a breeze.
Old 11-07-17, 06:26 PM
Craigola
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firewall

I am having problems finding where you ran the wire from the passager side foot well through the firewall. I can't seem to find the rubber that you punctured. Can you take a picture of your cable please?
Old 11-07-17, 06:48 PM
Strmtrpr4
Driver School Candidate

It’s right beside the battery.. circle in shape.. it’s the only grommet there.
Old 11-08-17, 11:35 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigola
I am having problems finding where you ran the wire from the passager side foot well through the firewall. I can't seem to find the rubber that you punctured. Can you take a picture of your cable please?
It might help to remove the battery out of the engine bay and then you have clearer shot of the grommet and more room to feed the wire. but be careful as that battery is extremely heavy.
Old 11-08-17, 12:42 PM
Miamiboy87
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd like to do this on my CT200.
Old 08-05-18, 04:54 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

I updated the pics to show the cleaned up install. Relocated amp to the trunk lower bin on driver side and just ran a speaker wire to the box. Quick disconnect in less than 10 seconds if i need trunk room.
Old 10-09-18, 05:59 PM
EvilJoker
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I just recently got my Fosgate Punch P300-12 installed. I tapped into the feed wire going to the factory sub on the rear deck. When i turn the volume higher, the sub starts putting out less. After seeing your write up, I will probably tap into the "pre-amp" wires for the rear speakers instead, and get a clean, unaltered signal. Awesome write up. If I had known, the factory amp was that close to the rear, I wouldnt have dicked with the rear sub for 2 hours (PITA). By the way, I've been running this sub for 8 years on 3 different cars. Best "bang for the buck" sub ever. Built in amp & crossover all in one box, and I never have it at full strength. And even has the remote gain control ****.
Old 10-11-18, 08:29 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EvilJoker
I just recently got my Fosgate Punch P300-12 installed. I tapped into the feed wire going to the factory sub on the rear deck. When i turn the volume higher, the sub starts putting out less. After seeing your write up, I will probably tap into the "pre-amp" wires for the rear speakers instead, and get a clean, unaltered signal. Awesome write up. If I had known, the factory amp was that close to the rear, I wouldnt have dicked with the rear sub for 2 hours (PITA). By the way, I've been running this sub for 8 years on 3 different cars. Best "bang for the buck" sub ever. Built in amp & crossover all in one box, and I never have it at full strength. And even has the remote gain control ****.
Interesting setup. Looks like that can be pulled out fairly simply when you need trunk space? Looks like you'd still have a bunch of unsightly wires coming from the trunk. and your ground wire would have to be quite long. When you get a chance, can you take a clear picture of your setup, showing the wires and all. I would consider this if it can be quickly removed. With my setup now, it's just a sub box and two speaker wires. all the main wiring is below the trunk floor. I do like the idea of all in one though.
Old 10-11-18, 09:47 AM
chinox22x
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilJoker
that's what i installed in mine, a self powered infinity sub. i've had it for 5 years now but it still performs well but if it ever goes bad, i'm gonna get a fosgate. it literally takes me 5 mins to disconnect everything from the sub if i ever need trunk space.
Old 10-11-18, 10:16 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chinox22x
it literally takes me 5 mins to disconnect everything from the sub if i ever need trunk space.
that's what i'm worried about. my setup takes literally 5 seconds to disconnect if i need trunk space. i push on the two terminals with my thumb and the wires come out. not even 5 seconds.

lets say if you're at ikea or something and decided to purchase something larger. i move the box to the back seat area in 5 seconds. its more convenient for unplanned scenarios. or even planned ones

also you wouldn't have a live 12V wire hanging out in the trunk
Old 10-11-18, 10:24 AM
chinox22x
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
that's what i'm worried about. my setup takes literally 5 seconds to disconnect if i need trunk space. i push on the two terminals with my thumb and the wires come out. not even 5 seconds.

lets say if you're at ikea or something and decided to purchase something larger. i move the box to the back seat area in 5 seconds. its more convenient for unplanned scenarios. or even planned ones

also you wouldn't have a live 12V wire hanging out in the trunk
well not really 5 mins, that was a bit exagerated, maybe 90 secs tops if moving slow. it's fast enough for me either way
the live wire is easy, i just put a cap on it that's already attached at the end of it, i'm using a pseudo quick disconnect for all the connections - remote, power, and speaker wires.
Old 10-11-18, 10:52 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chinox22x
well not really 5 mins, that was a bit exagerated, maybe 90 secs tops if moving slow. it's fast enough for me either way
the live wire is easy, i just put a cap on it that's already attached at the end of it, i'm using a pseudo quick disconnect for all the connections - remote, power, and speaker wires.
please post a pic

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Install DIY on Factory non-ML Amp. 2016 IS200t -- too easy.