IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Is my 2015 Lexus ISF (F-sport) totaled?

Old 05-18-16, 08:42 AM
Dport04
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 387
Are they basing the value on a car with no claims? Your car got hit already, with two claims the value would be diminished a lot, especially after these two accidents making it impossible to sell if you own it. I'd press to get the car written off. Glad to hear you weren't hurt and I am impressed with how the front of IS held up, looks to me like a very safe car.
The adjuster came out and valued the damage at $20,000, when I need about 30k to total it.

Although, the body shop still has to take the car apart and see what other damage there is. I'm HOPING they find a lot more damage. This sucks.. but I'm alive.

We'll see what happens from here.
Old 05-18-16, 08:47 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dport04
The adjuster came out and valued the damage at $20,000, when I need about 30k to total it.

Although, the body shop still has to take the car apart and see what other damage there is. I'm HOPING they find a lot more damage. This sucks.. but I'm alive.

We'll see what happens from here.
If you weren't at fault, mention Loss of Residual or future Resale Value to your adjuster as a claim. Be up front with your position that you will be requesting this as your right and they should factor this into the cost of the claim. The complicating factor is that you had a prior claim on the same car, so your adjuster may just tell you that loss was "existing from a prior event" thus inadmissible on this claim.
Old 05-18-16, 08:54 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
If you weren't at fault, mention Loss of Residual or future Resale Value to your adjuster as a claim. Be up front with your position that you will be requesting this as your right and they should factor this into the cost of the claim. The complicating factor is that you had a prior claim on the same car, so your adjuster may just tell you that loss was "existing from a prior event" thus inadmissible on this claim.
To add...i would use that money along with selling the car and just get a new one if you plan to keep her for a long time. Seems like that car has bad Karma...
Old 05-19-16, 07:34 AM
oman350is
Driver School Candidate

I hope they do too man, I really do. I'm gonna put up a fight if they don't total it. All front airbags deployed as well.
100% totaled
Old 05-19-16, 08:20 AM
Dport04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oman350is
100% totaled
Are you sure? The car only has 7k miles on it and its worth around 43-44k?

20 damage so far without taking the car apart. they are taking it apart on Monday and we will see what else they find, I'm really hoping they find another 10-12k in damage!
Old 05-19-16, 10:48 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

You already had two(?) accidents with this car prior to this major one. I'm sure that factors into the value of the vehicle right before the accident. That 30k might already be considering that though.
Old 06-02-16, 03:03 PM
Dport04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oman350is
100% totaled
Update!!

Car is claimed a total loss! I'm buying Range Rover Sport lol, thanks for all input guys
Old 06-02-16, 03:40 PM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Update!!

Car is claimed a total loss! I'm buying Range Rover Sport lol, thanks for all input guys
Yikes, you're in for a whole new set of problems going with a Range Rover.
Old 06-03-16, 03:17 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Quotes without comment, from: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto...and_rover.html

"We purchased a Range Rover Sport in March 2015 and we have had issues since we bought it. License plate fell off while driving 3 times even after we took it back on day 2 of owning it and they said it wouldn't come off again. That was fun to find. Week 3 of ownership the check engine light came on. Took it in to have it serviced and was told it was just an oxygen sensor and they had fixed it. Week 4 of ownership, check engine light back on, back in for service for 3 days and they said they fixed it but may need to order an oxygen sensor if it comes back on.

Week 8 of ownership I was sitting at a stop light. When the light turned green the car would not go and showed a display of put in drive (or something similar), the car was in drive. I had to shut the car off and it still wouldn't engage in drive. I put the car in low gear and got it off the road. After a little while I started the car and it went back in gear. Called the dealer and they said it would have to go completely out for them to be able to do anything and that it must have been a glitch. This happened 3 more times. Week 12 of ownership display won't respond to touch until car is off and restarted.

After 6 months of owning the car the "coolant low" alert shows up and the check engine light is back on. Back in for service. They change the oxygen sensor and tell me that my water pump needs to be changed and that my car needed an update that would fix the display issue and the car not going into drive. Went to dealership because my car is in for service again. Thought we would trade it in to get rid of the thing. They say they can't certify it is a pre owned special because of all the issues and it will take them forever to get the issues fixed.

I'm losing money. An $80K car should last longer than 6 months. Why should I lose money when the car they sold me is a POC? Land Rover should pay off my car and give me back my down payment in full. I was warned that Land Rover wasn't the quality that I was looking for but I liked the car and decided to give it a chance. I learned my lesson the hard way."

and

"I had a 2014 Range Rover Sport. It was lemon lawed. They sent me a refund check as I had paid the car in full. I got a 2015 Sport as they guaranteed me all issues were fixed. I have even more issues with this car. It gets stuck in neutral and the car has to be fully shut down and restarted. The navigation shuts down en route to a destination. Just goes blank. Now my battery died overnight and it is a nightmare because I have no car tomorrow morning and they don't bring you a loaner. Range Rover is a nightmare. I've had more issues with this car in 3 months than any other car in 5 years."

and

"Range Rover 2015 sport - Car lost steering power while I was driving with only 3,000 miles. I couldn't turn the wheel at all. Problems with the battery, it was replaced once and continues to drain and shows low battery every other week. New car with lots of problem. I'm trying to return it and get my money back. IT is a true lemon. Beautiful to look at, but can't trust it anymore."

and

"Have a Range Rover Sport- bought in August 2014. The car is 6 months old. The car door handle has fallen off. Range rover claims it is not a warranty problem. Poor customer service. A high end vehicle like Range Rover should stand behind their product. A car that is 6 months old should not be missing a handle!!! Nor should I have to pay out of pocket to get the handle replaced as it should never have fallen off in the first place. Dealership told us they have had numerous cars come in with this issue. A defect in the car??? Maybe Range Rover should stand behind their product and not tell customers that it's a wear n tear problem. Not when the car is NEW."

Last edited by LeapFrog; 06-03-16 at 03:21 AM.
Old 06-03-16, 05:22 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Haha. I love it. Would never get Land Rover especially for that price. At $80k, it's the GSF / M3 territory for me.
Old 06-03-16, 05:52 AM
slickster9
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense
Yikes, you're in for a whole new set of problems going with a Range Rover.

lol....too funny.

@EZZ....M3 all day....
Old 06-03-16, 09:22 AM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Range Rover...4th from the bottom of the list.

Old 06-03-16, 09:46 AM
qbanghost
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys, I'm hoping it's totaled I really am. I do not want this thing back. And you're right it's an F Spot not ISF lol I always call it an ISF

Any other input? The tranmission to get this thing fixed in my first accident with 5k miles was 11k along with 3500 in body damage and that was nothing like this accident. I swear I'm not a bad driver guys, just having some bad luck
Hey ma. I know you want this car gone at this point but assuming you have GAP on your car you will still loose your down payment if you have any and if you didn't you will loose all your prior payments and be forced to start from 0 looking for another car. I guess it depends if you are okay with loosing all you put into it.
Old 06-03-16, 10:31 AM
Lex2133
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Plxs15350
Range Rover...4th from the bottom of the list.

The story that this picture does *not* tell is the cost of each 'problem'.... Problems with Lexus are relatively minor and low cost. Whereas problems with the German cars are fairly big ticket items. You will not leave the workshop without paying a grand or more. My $0.02

Last edited by Lex2133; 06-03-16 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-03-16, 10:35 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Personally, if I had a car that I liked and found reliable and it subsequently saved me from injury during two rather serious crashes, I'd be quite likely to buy another of the same make and (maybe) model. Just my $.02 FWIW.