Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

ISF ? 2015 ? what the ? lolz
Old 05-16-16, 04:08 PM
Dport04
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brendanf
If the air bags went off, I'd say it is probably totalled.

With such low mileage though, it is going to be close to call.
Ahhh, I know. I'm really hoping it's totaled. Like, I'm trippin out about it
Old 05-16-16, 04:10 PM
Dport04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISF4life
ISF ? 2015 ? what the ? lolz
LOL IS F-Sport, oops
Old 05-16-16, 05:52 PM
atomic250
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did the air bags deploy? If they did then it's totalled because new air bags cost more than $1000 to replace. Also, your frame looks pretty damaged. Based on my experience I would tow it to a body shop and have the insurance adjuster come down to check otherwise they'll give you a very low offer because they'll assume you know nothing about the car. You need to compare the body shop's estimate with the insurance's estimate.
Old 05-16-16, 06:26 PM
nocurfew
Driver School Candidate

I'm gonna vote that it's totaled. Glad you're okay, though!
Old 05-16-16, 07:45 PM
Dport04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by atomic250
Did the air bags deploy? If they did then it's totalled because new air bags cost more than $1000 to replace. Also, your frame looks pretty damaged. Based on my experience I would tow it to a body shop and have the insurance adjuster come down to check otherwise they'll give you a very low offer because they'll assume you know nothing about the car. You need to compare the body shop's estimate with the insurance's estimate.
Yes, several front airbag deployed. It's at the Lexus collision center at the dealership that I purchased it from. I know the value of the car, around 44k. So I am hoping the damages are around 32k-35k to reach the 70% that most states require to claim a vehicle a total loss. We'll see I guess...
Old 05-16-16, 07:46 PM
Dport04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nocurfew
I'm gonna vote that it's totaled. Glad you're okay, though!
Thank you, I'm hoping you're right.
Old 05-16-16, 09:21 PM
Makool
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dport04
Hey guys,

So I got into an accident last week and I'm wondering if you guys think it's totaled. I think it is, and I hope it is (as sad as that sounds ) It has 7500 miles on it, insurance adjuster is going to look at it today but I'm wondering what everyone here thinks? Let me know guys

I belive it will, just try to be positive, do not worry much about the car, I lost someone 2 weeks ago in car accident like this one, glad you all are ok which is the most important. All the best, keep us posted.
Old 05-16-16, 09:30 PM
Dport04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Makool
I belive it will, just try to be positive, do not worry much about the car, I lost someone 2 weeks ago in car accident like this one, glad you all are ok which is the most important. All the best, keep us posted.
Wow, I'm sorry about your loss. That changes my whole out look on this whole deal, makes me not even care whether it's totaled or not.

I'm lucky to be alive and thankful I can drive such a beautiful car. I will definitely keep you posted.
Old 05-17-16, 08:38 AM
Starterman
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Be very thankful you are alive! I had a friend earlier this year total his 15 GS immediately after purchasing it within a few miles before even getting it to his house and he totaled his car, in a similar condition as your IS, by hitting a deer. He was lucky and so are you! Personally , your car is gone/totaled in my opinion.
Old 05-17-16, 09:20 AM
Dport04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Starterman
Be very thankful you are alive! I had a friend earlier this year total his 15 GS immediately after purchasing it within a few miles before even getting it to his house and he totaled his car, in a similar condition as your IS, by hitting a deer. He was lucky and so are you! Personally , your car is gone/totaled in my opinion.
Yes, I'm very thankful. It took me a few days to get that crazy feeling of, "I could of died" feeling out of my mind.

Wow, I got hit by a car going 40-45. And the GS's are more expensive than the IS's, so I'm thinking that my car is more than likely totaled if that's the case. Does your friend have any pics that you could share?
Old 05-17-16, 10:49 AM
Starterman
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I'm very thankful. It took me a few days to get that crazy feeling of, "I could of died" feeling out of my mind.

Wow, I got hit by a car going 40-45. And the GS's are more expensive than the IS's, so I'm thinking that my car is more than likely totaled if that's the case. Does your friend have any pics that you could share?
Yea here is the link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-gs-350-a.html
Old 05-17-16, 11:12 AM
Dport04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Starterman
Oh shoot, I read that one already haha. Well, my insurance adjuster said there's 18k in damage that she can see, and that the shop will take it apart and try and find other damage. You guys think that there will be significant damage after they take it apart? I'm sure hoping so
Old 05-17-16, 07:30 PM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh shoot, I read that one already haha. Well, my insurance adjuster said there's 18k in damage that she can see, and that the shop will take it apart and try and find other damage. You guys think that there will be significant damage after they take it apart? I'm sure hoping so
we'll see. pray for a bent frame or cracked block.
Old 05-17-16, 07:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Are they basing the value on a car with no claims? Your car got hit already, with two claims the value would be diminished a lot, especially after these two accidents making it impossible to sell if you own it. I'd press to get the car written off. Glad to hear you weren't hurt and I am impressed with how the front of IS held up, looks to me like a very safe car.

Quick Reply: Is my 2015 Lexus ISF (F-sport) totaled?