IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Plug&Play F-Sport Foglights/Auto Wipers (DIY)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-16, 06:55 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Ok cool- you also have a US-Spec 2014 F-Sport correct? I'm going to get the fogs on my car this weekend. I plan on removing my entire front bumper so i'll really be able to see what's in there or not. If i can't find the plugs i'll use my aftermarket harness and push button switch. If I can find the oem plug, i'll plug them in, and then order the stalk and finish the install another when the stalk arrives. I'll definitely try to film a DIY vid for this project.

Originally Posted by E46CT
Platinum job! I wired them to the LED DRLs when the headlights are on. I can't imagine any situation where I'd be running the main headlights and NOT the LED fog lights. When I had my CT200h, the fogs stayed on 100% of the time when headlights are on. Win/win.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...port-only.html
In reality I agree, I should just tap these to the DRL's or when the main lights turn on and call it a day, but my OCD is kicking in about installing it the way it was originally intended, JDM and all.

Last edited by evident; 09-28-16 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-28-16, 08:03 AM
Cthan3o3
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the ijdmtoy fog lights plug into the OEM connector? I know the one from eBay seller DT Moto will but the ijdmtoy fogs seem brighter
Old 09-28-16, 01:47 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthan3o3
Will the ijdmtoy fog lights plug into the OEM connector? I know the one from eBay seller DT Moto will but the ijdmtoy fogs seem brighter
Hi there! No it will not plug into the OEM connector. There's two wires that you'll need to tap; the easiest way is to connect the wires of these F-Sport LED fog lights to the stock DRL system.

Check out the Lexus IS F-Sport LED Fog Light Installation here on our website.

Last edited by iJDMTOY; 09-28-16 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-29-16, 10:32 PM
W4kj4k
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey JDM, I am quite a noob when it comes to electric work... how difficult would you say the fog install is for a noobie? Thanks!

btw link isnt working, JDM
Old 10-01-16, 10:13 AM
evident
Racer

Originally Posted by Edwin8484
Hello everyone, sorry I kind of went MIA on y'all. I've been super busy with school and work. Plus being a parent lol. Anyways the wire is there you juts have to be careful when looking. The wire should be taped or together with the gray conector for the DRLs. The plus is black with a black plug that's there to keep the conector protected. Once you take that protector the inside of the conector should look green like my first pictures. Somone in another thread posted some pictures and a detailed guide on how to do it connecting it to the DRLs. I'll post the link and the picture I'm referring to.
the stalk you can get from eBay for a decent price. $100 or less. Just search for Lexus GS stalk and refine your search to used items.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...port-only.html

My entire front bumper is removed at the moment. Unfortunately I don't have this same plug that you have. However, there is a group of red and black leads with no connector head that are capped off with plastic and electrical taped to the DRL connector. The only thing that concerns me is that there are 3 red wires and 4 black wires that are capped off. not sure why there would be more than just 1 red and 1 black for the fog light if it is indeed the same one.

I have a USDM 2014 IS350 F-Sport, w/ VGRS, ML, and BSM... maybe some of them are different after all...

There is also a plug that's tied up behind the windshield fluid resevoir, but it doesn't plug into the fog light connectors either. not sure what that's for.

I'm going with the aftermarket harness and push button switch route right now. just fished the wire through the firewall and wiring it all up at the moment. bummed that my vehicle doesnt have the pre-wiring but not the end of the world. I placed the fog light switch right next to the BSM switch. used a bolt nearby as ground for the black wire, and used the bottom pin of the BSM as the tap for the positive.

Last edited by evident; 10-01-16 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-02-16, 06:08 AM
IreneIS350
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rain sensing wipers sound nice!
Old 10-02-16, 06:18 PM
evident
Racer

3 pin is some oem connector tied behind the wiper fluid resevoir. black/yellow one is the aftermarket harness connector for the foglight.

OEM JDM fogs installed

Aftermarket harness and switch. button matches almost perfectly to the oem switch gear.

Installed. Not easy but not hard either. took me about 8 or more hours. Spent a lot of time removing the bumper carefully, and trying to find the OEM fog connector that my car doesn't have.
Then i spent a lot of time trying to fish the aftermarket harness through the firewall. Tip is from the engine bay, locate the firewall rubber grommet. find a protruding rubber piece from the grommet, cut a hole w/ knife, fish coat hanger through, then from the inside, tie or tape the switch wire through and pull it back.

Last edited by evident; 10-02-16 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-03-16, 09:53 PM
gqwolf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any night pictures with the DT Moto lights to share? I know OP stated it wasn't bright enough for his tastes, but it would be nice to see pics. Also, anyone know if this comes in yellow?
Old 10-05-16, 02:51 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Ok, for those of you who cannot find the fog light plug under the bumper, here are some info to figure out if your car is pre-wired for fog lights or not:

1) look at the plug that hooks up to the Headlight Dimmer Switch Assembly (K23) and see if there are wires connected to ports 10(ground) and 11(fog light power signal from ECU)

If you do, good... chances are your wiring harness is pre-wired to use fog lights.

2) next, under the hood, locate the Semiconductor Power Integration ECU (which is the slim grey plastic box inside the driver front fuse box). There should be a blue connector to it (2E), check to see if there is a green wire coming out of port 7. That green wire IS the power supply for the fog lights, try to trace it and see if you can find a plug or a loose end where you can hook up to a plug to plug into the fog lights.

I have attached the front fog lights wiring in PDF for a better understanding of how the fog lights are wired up as well as to reference plugs and wiring ports I mentioned above.

Also, for those of you who are not using the aftermarket fog light switch, you no long need to run wires between the firewall... just tap your aftermarket switch into the existing OEM wires 10 & 11 on plug K23

Oct 7, 2016: Revised Semiconductor Power Integration ECU location in my post
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FFL Front Foglight.pdf (173.3 KB, 491 views)

Last edited by otakusan; 10-07-16 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-05-16, 04:03 PM
toyoman29
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by otakusan
Ok, for those of you who cannot find the fog light plug under the bumper, here are some info to figure out if your car is pre-wired for fog lights or not:

1) look at the plug that hooks up to the Headlight Dimmer Switch Assembly (K23) and see if there are wires connected to ports 10(ground) and 11(fog light power signal from ECU)

If you do, good... chances are your wiring harness is pre-wired to use fog lights.

2) next, under the hood, locate the Semiconductor Power Integration ECU (which is the slim plastic box next to the driver front fuse box). There should be a blue connector to it (2E), check to see if there is a green wire coming out of port 7. That green wire IS the power supply for the fog lights, try to trace it and see if you can find a plug or a loose end where you can hook up to a plug to plug into the fog lights.

I have attached the front fog lights wiring in PDF for a better understanding of how the fog lights are wired up as well as to reference plugs and wiring ports I mentioned above.

Also, for those of you who are not using the aftermarket fog light switch, you no long need to run wires between the firewall... just tap your aftermarket switch into the existing OEM wires 10 & 11 on plug K23
Thanks for the info....
Old 10-07-16, 01:04 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

2) next, under the hood, locate the Semiconductor Power Integration ECU (which is the slim grey plastic box inside the driver front fuse box). There should be a blue connector to it (2E), check to see if there is a green wire coming out of port 7. That green wire IS the power supply for the fog lights, try to trace it and see if you can find a plug or a loose end where you can hook up to a plug to plug into the fog lights.

Oct 7, 2016: Revised Semiconductor Power Integration ECU location in my post

Where do you find the Dimmer Switch Assembly (K23)? Do you have a pic? Is this something you can see without taking a lot of things apart? Thanks!
Old 10-07-16, 11:23 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RocketG35
Where do you find the Dimmer Switch Assembly (K23)? Do you have a pic? Is this something you can see without taking a lot of things apart? Thanks!
3rd picture down from post #2. You need to remove the steering column covers, should be pretty simple
Old 10-14-16, 11:21 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Ok, so I was trying to hook up the fog lights today and found some good and bad news...

good news is, like OP's original post states, the wiring for the OEM fog light switch is there, and it works... when you turn on the fog light switch, the fog light on indicator does light up. I got the EU light stock which also has a switch for rear fog lights and the rear fog light on indicator does light up as well on your dash.

Now the bad news... the wiring that hooks directly up to the fog lights are not there.. and when i start tracing back to the semi-conductor module, none of the wiring for the fog lights are present neither.. since the car's wiring is so complicated, I gave up on trying to trace down all the missing wiring to add back in... Tomorrow i'm going to just hook up the fog lights with my own direct wiring and just tap into the OEM fog light switch. That way the fog light on indicator will still work.

I can't believe lexus would go through all that trouble to make a separate harness for the f-sport to not include these wiring.
Old 10-15-16, 06:53 AM
evident
Racer

Ok, so I was trying to hook up the fog lights today and found some good and bad news...

good news is, like OP's original post states, the wiring for the OEM fog light switch is there, and it works... when you turn on the fog light switch, the fog light on indicator does light up. I got the EU light stock which also has a switch for rear fog lights and the rear fog light on indicator does light up as well on your dash.

Now the bad news... the wiring that hooks directly up to the fog lights are not there.. and when i start tracing back to the semi-conductor module, none of the wiring for the fog lights are present neither.. since the car's wiring is so complicated, I gave up on trying to trace down all the missing wiring to add back in... Tomorrow i'm going to just hook up the fog lights with my own direct wiring and just tap into the OEM fog light switch. That way the fog light on indicator will still work.

I can't believe lexus would go through all that trouble to make a separate harness for the f-sport to not include these wiring.

So you're saying that the wiring is there for the dash to recognize the OEM foglight stalk, but the wiring to connect to the actual units themselves arent there? Your other posts made it seem like you definitely had the oem harness where the actual fogs plug in, but youre now saying it doesnt, which contradicts the OP's experience and is similar to what i found... Could you please clarify for future readers?

for my car, there was absolutely nothing in the front bumper area that was OEM connector for the foglights.

Last edited by evident; 10-15-16 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-15-16, 09:20 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

So strange who has wiring and who doesn't. Thought maybe it had to do with model years but I don't think so. It doesn't make sense!!

Edwin/OP = 2014 US (YES) - which makes sense they didn't make a custom harness at the new model launch
Evident / specONE = 2014 350 US (NO)
StevenT = 2015 350 US (NO)
E46CT = 2016 200T US (YES)
Otakusan = 2016 350AWD Canadian (NO)

Last edited by RocketG35; 10-15-16 at 09:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Plug&Play F-Sport Foglights/Auto Wipers (DIY)