IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Anyone cleaned their rioja red seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-16, 11:40 AM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
Mine are the genuine leather seats, no nuluxe in the UK.

Funny thing is, I wear some light coloured pants and it doesnt bleed onto them. Only when I use anything damp. Ill post a pic of the seats once I get home (so in 3 days or so). Currently in the RX!
If you have F-Sport seats, then they are Nuluxe.

I have not experienced any color leaching when cleaning (with or without a cleaning agent). With the Nuluxe material, this is basically impossible since the color is part of the synthetic leather, not dyed like real leather.
Old 03-21-16, 12:05 PM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
So I cleaned the red seats in the IS.

But heck, the microfiber turned PINK!!

No loss of colour from the seat at all but just wondering if anyone else had this?
Yeah that's normal for the first little while. I have the red seats and my jeans usually rub off on them. I wipe them every few weeks with just a damp microfiber cloth and it comes right out.
Old 03-21-16, 12:09 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by computerwi
If you have F-Sport seats, then they are Nuluxe.

I have not experienced any color leaching when cleaning (with or without a cleaning agent). With the Nuluxe material, this is basically impossible since the color is part of the synthetic leather, not dyed like real leather.
No, the F Sport seats in the UK and various other locations are leather, not NuLuxe like here in NA.
Old 03-21-16, 12:18 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by goldengame
Yeah that's normal for the first little while. I have the red seats and my jeans usually rub off on them. I wipe them every few weeks with just a damp microfiber cloth and it comes right out.
Does the mf go slightly red on yours then?
Old 03-22-16, 09:11 AM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It did at first. Now it doesn't. As far as I can tell the colour looks the same as when I bought it so no real colour is coming off the seats. The only thing I see now on the cloth is some blue/black from my jeans.
Old 03-22-16, 03:27 PM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I've been shopping for a White IS with red leather seats but now...might play it safe and go with black. I'll be transporting my son often so I know it'll be dirty which means I'll have to clean the seats often. Just afraid that sooner or later, it'll be a pink set of leather interior.
Old 03-22-16, 05:20 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by goldengame
It did at first. Now it doesn't. As far as I can tell the colour looks the same as when I bought it so no real colour is coming off the seats. The only thing I see now on the cloth is some blue/black from my jeans.
OK thats reassuring!

So the car has 11k miles on it and as far as I know, the previous owner drove it for 2 years and Id assume she never cleaned the seats

So that means the seats have only been cleaned twice (by the dealer and then by me) which would explain the colour bleeding. Ah well, I usually only clean the seats in my wife's car twice a year as she does low mileage anyway.
Old 03-23-16, 02:10 PM
blazers7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend got make up on my seats (not from crazy sex, lol. It was in her back pocket.) and I didn't bother cleaning it for a couple weeks until I got tired of looking at it. I ended up using armor all leather wipes while lightly scrubbing and it all came off. The wipes did not have any red residue and the color on the seat didn't seem to fade.