ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Deciphering Options Package (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/816937-deciphering-options-package.html)

wallaceb 03-18-16 08:42 AM

Deciphering Options Package

I am doing some serious shopping for a 2014 or 15 IS250. I know that there are several option packages including Mark Gevinson, Navigation, Luxury, Premium, etc.

What is an easy way to find out which cars have which package? I'm really looking for an IS that has the power/memory steering wheel tilt/telescopic and memory seats, along with rear sun shade. This is hard to find... As is intuitive parking assist.

Can anyone let me know how to find this out if it's not listed in the vehicle description? Can I enter the VIN somewhere to find this out? The photos on dealer websites do not always show the options that I want to see.

Thanks!

goldengame 03-18-16 08:48 AM

AFAIK you can't get the power memory steering/seats with any F-Sport package. An easy way to tell if a car has an F-Sport package on it is to look at the grille. If it's just horizontal lines, then it's a non-F-Sport; if it's like a diagonal mesh, then it is F-Sport.

Additionally, I would expect that the park assist and other features you're looking for to be in the "executive package". I'm not sure how to easily tell these apart from base IS250s based on looks though.

wallaceb 03-18-16 09:30 AM

Are the memory seats, power telescopic/tilt very common on the third generation IS's? On the second generation it was easy to find this option on a vehicle.

goldengame 03-18-16 09:52 AM

I'm not sure. I'd check with the dealer to see which they sell more of. Around here, I see more F-Sport 3ISes than non, which means most of them don't have memory seat/steering.

JDR76 03-18-16 10:04 AM

The luxury package, which includes the items you are looking for, is quite rare and tough to find. You'll need to cast a wide net in your search. My dealer recently had one and it was sold very quickly.

specONE 03-18-16 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by wallaceb (Post 9411863)
Are the memory seats, power telescopic/tilt very common on the third generation IS's? On the second generation it was easy to find this option on a vehicle.

Non of this exists on F-Sport trim models.

All this is dedicated to only Luxury package on standard model IS

wallaceb 03-18-16 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JDR76 (Post 9411908)
The luxury package, which includes the items you are looking for, is quite rare and tough to find. You'll need to cast a wide net in your search. My dealer recently had one and it was sold very quickly.

That's interesting for sure, especially since this package was quite common on the second generation IS's. I wonder why Lexus made the change? The prices aren't any lower, that's for sure.

drobbins 03-18-16 07:04 PM

Where are you located? I was at Lexus of Watertown, near Boston, today. They have a new 2015 IS350 with the luxury and nav packages on the floor. Window sticker showed about $60k.

JDR76 03-18-16 07:54 PM

I've never seen an IS350 get anywhere near $60k. They must have done some serious dealer add ons. $60k is a fairly loaded GS350.

drobbins 03-18-16 08:05 PM

Sorry, it has an MSRP just over$50k. I must have misread it at the dealership. Funny, because I questioned it in my mind when I saw it since it is configured pretty identically to my own 2014 which has an MSRP around $48k.

davyjordi 03-18-16 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by JDR76 (Post 9411908)

i have one :)

akshunj 03-19-16 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by drobbins (Post 9412497)
Where are you located? I was at Lexus of Watertown, near Boston, today. They have a new 2015 IS350 with the luxury and nav packages on the floor. Window sticker showed about $60k.

That's insane. I bought the same car from Herb Chambers in Hingham, sticker was $49k paid $44k through truecar before factoring in my trade and down payment.