IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Regretting my purchase, tell me i shouldn't.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-16, 08:07 AM
gtmassive
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys thx for all the responses-- i will take full blame, for not doing any research. I was looking at this car mostly for my teenager who will start to drive in the summer and since i had 2 SUVs Pathfinder and X5, i decided to get a car so it will be better for her to learn to drive and wife can use it also.
I'm a Nissan guy, had own every single model of maximas since 89 and those V6 are pretty quick on pickup. I'm no racer but stills like to drive a little aggressive when open road permit. I recently moved over to the German side and my F10 was pretty fast and now my F85 is pretty fast fr 1st gear.
Bottom line the car is small enough for both the wife and daughter to handle in NYC, let hope it get s better when the break in period ends, but still beats me so slow at take off..
At lease you guys are very nice by not throwing Sarcastic remarks-- oh forget the BMW forms, they might have crucified me by now.. Well not all 50/50 i guess.
Old 03-03-16, 08:12 AM
gtmassive
Rookie

Planning to go test drive the IS350, but was told i cant trade in the car until the registration comes in.
Old 03-03-16, 08:13 AM
gtmassive
Rookie

TC21S350-- how u like the ARK GRiP Catback Exhaust? any sound clips?
Old 03-03-16, 09:50 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gtmassive

Another good idea. I put a Joe Z axle back on for more theater. It seems to have worked and makes the car FEEL more fun because its not so insulated from the surroundings.
Old 03-03-16, 09:50 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

I really love it. It's very deep sounding on the 350, which is exactly what I was looking for. It drones a bit on the highway, but I just listen to the radio and it doesn't bother me. I talk on my bluetooth all the time too and it's not like the drone is distracting in that way. I don't have any good sound clips because when we first installed it it was hitting something and we had to adjust it so it had a rattle. I will try to take a new video.
Old 03-03-16, 12:33 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Planning to go test drive the IS350, but was told i cant trade in the car until the registration comes in.
You realize that IS300 has the same engine as IS350? it's slightly detuned for 50hp less, but having driven both, you wouldn't feel it unless you're doing jack rabbit starts off each lights or at the track. Plus, the 8 speed transmission on the IS350 RWD is tuned more for fuel saving so it looses on the first gear acceleration.
Old 03-04-16, 10:32 PM
drobbins
Rookie

Mind if I ask why you would want to put a brand new driver in a 300+HP car?

As the parent of two kids aged 20 or less, I didn't want them anywhere near my car until they had a decent amount of experience.
Old 03-05-16, 11:48 AM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueDat96
I believe theres a non F-Sport package that includes memory seats, i think its the luxury package.
Correct, btw this is the car I ordered, IS 350 with luxury package, moreover it has leather seats, etc. There are extremely few IS 350s with luxury package - literally you can count them on one hand across the US, I decided to order one. I would never purchase a car on a spur of the moment, test drive it once or twice including highway speeds, study interior, compare with other offerings, watch youtubes, etc.

Last edited by Olasek; 03-05-16 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-05-16, 01:50 PM
gtmassive
Rookie

Originally Posted by drobbins
Mind if I ask why you would want to put a brand new driver in a 300+HP car?

As the parent of two kids aged 20 or less, I didn't want them anywhere near my car until they had a decent amount of experience.

Car is mostly for wife- she will be driving 99% of the time. My kid will learn to drive, but will have a school do that for her to get experience on the road. At the same time she will only drive the car when my wife or I inside.
Drobbins-- believe me , i'm old school, what is mine is mine, they will surely have to work for there's, As a parent, i'm here to support them.
Old 03-06-16, 12:56 AM
NLu
Driver School Candidate

If it's mostly your wife's car, how does she feel about it?
More specifically, do all of the things that bug you about the car bug her enough for her to justify taking a bath on a trade-in?

We got my wife an IS-C a few years ago. She insisted on 250, even though I absolutely hate it because it can't get out of its own way. But it was her car, so she made the decision. I took some of the price difference and applied it towards parts for my car
Old 03-06-16, 05:01 AM
hotsaw11
Rookie

We love our 2016 IS300 F sport. Not as much power as the 2013 IS350 we traded in, but more than enough to do what we want. That ultrasonic blue is a real head turner.
Old 03-06-16, 09:26 AM
gtmassive
Rookie

Originally Posted by NLu
If it's mostly your wife's car, how does she feel about it?
More specifically, do all of the things that bug you about the car bug her enough for her to justify taking a bath on a trade-in?

We got my wife an IS-C a few years ago. She insisted on 250, even though I absolutely hate it because it can't get out of its own way. But it was her car, so she made the decision. I took some of the price difference and applied it towards parts for my car
You really dont want me to answer that I traded in a 2013 BMW 535, this car had all the bells a whistle, surround view camera, top view camera, sensors all over- car was even coded for cameras to work when driving and very fast(which i think she dont care about). Living in Queens, NY these options comes in handy, especially in local traffic.
My current 2016 X5 have all the same options-- these options spoils us since we depends on it alot for not curb rashing my wheels or backing into my driveway with top view cameras activated.
The IS300 was perfect in my budget as a car to drop the kids off to school and do running around, what i cant believe is a 50k car doesnt have these options, but i guess it will work for the next 3yrs.
Old 03-06-16, 10:20 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

You really dont want me to answer that I traded in a 2013 BMW 535, this car had all the bells a whistle, surround view camera, top view camera, sensors all over- car was even coded for cameras to work when driving and very fast(which i think she dont care about). Living in Queens, NY these options comes in handy, especially in local traffic.
My current 2016 X5 have all the same options-- these options spoils us since we depends on it alot for not curb rashing my wheels or backing into my driveway with top view cameras activated.
The IS300 was perfect in my budget as a car to drop the kids off to school and do running around, what i cant believe is a 50k car doesnt have these options, but i guess it will work for the next 3yrs.
Sounds like you got the wrong car. The Infiniti Q50 has all those options for less than $50k too. The IS can't match the tech of many of its competitors. I'd only get the IS if you value handling and reliability. The other cars fulfill other missions better.
Old 03-06-16, 10:37 AM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
The Infiniti Q50 has all those options for less than $50k too. The IS can't match the tech of many of its competitors.
My IS 350 will have all these options for much less than $50K. It is a matter of getting the car you want with options you want.
Old 03-06-16, 10:38 AM
gtmassive
Rookie

EZZ-- the infinit Q50 was what i wanted originally, but dont know how i ended up at the lexus dealer. i'm going to the infiniti dealer tomorrow, let see what the say on this lease. Willing to lose about 2k, if not i just MOD the hell out of it.

Last edited by gtmassive; 03-06-16 at 10:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Regretting my purchase, tell me i shouldn't.