IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2016 IS350 F-Sport Turn signal LEDS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-16, 01:57 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 IS350 F-Sport Turn signal LEDS

Seems like there was some kind of change for 2016? Why do none of the big manufactures seem to list 2016 as compatible for LED turn signals, etc..??

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Error-Free-...s-p/20-009.htm this one in particular.
Old 01-20-16, 01:59 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

probably because they don't have a 2016 to test on yet and don't want to deal with returns if it doesn't work.
Old 01-20-16, 02:02 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mjeds
probably because they don't have a 2016 to test on yet and don't want to deal with returns if it doesn't work.
But it should be the same right?

I did order a set of 2015 Lexus "ghost" door projectors (puts the lexus logo on the ground when you open a door) and sure enough they didn't line up right
Old 01-20-16, 04:19 PM
alvitdk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by J3ffrey
But it should be the same right?

I did order a set of 2015 Lexus "ghost" door projectors (puts the lexus logo on the ground when you open a door) and sure enough they didn't line up right
What do you mean with "they did not line up right"? I installed them on my 2015 and got a perfect Lexus logo. You can even rotate the insert to make it straight with the car.
Old 01-20-16, 04:58 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

These were the ones I ordered..and returned.

Amazon.com: Wind Fire D006- Toyota/Lexus/Infiniti - No Drilling Changeable Courtesy Ghost Shadow Lights -Lifetime FREE logo chips replacement 2-pc set: Automotive Amazon.com: Wind Fire D006- Toyota/Lexus/Infiniti - No Drilling Changeable Courtesy Ghost Shadow Lights -Lifetime FREE logo chips replacement 2-pc set: Automotive

The projector could not be made to aim straight down and make a clear lexus logo...
Old 01-20-16, 05:49 PM
alvitdk
Driver School Candidate

Got exactly the same, was crooked when installed but was able to move the mask holder to straighten it out, it actually came with a little tool for it. That's odd !
Old 01-20-16, 06:41 PM
CrackerJac
Driver

Originally Posted by J3ffrey
Seems like there was some kind of change for 2016? Why do none of the big manufactures seem to list 2016 as compatible for LED turn signals, etc..??

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Error-Free-...s-p/20-009.htm this one in particular.
They'll work. The sites just haven't been updated yet. I put these exact LED's in my car, front and back a couple weeks ago. They're awesome and insanely bright. Love them.
Old 01-21-16, 06:07 AM
alvitdk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CrackerJac
They'll work. The sites just haven't been updated yet. I put these exact LED's in my car, front and back a couple weeks ago. They're awesome and insanely bright. Love them.
Awesome, did you get them in White or Amber?
Old 01-21-16, 08:13 AM
USBTurbo
Driver School Candidate

I installed this in my 2016 and they work perfectly, front and back. There is room, no errors.
Old 01-21-16, 10:29 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by USBTurbo
I installed this in my 2016 and they work perfectly, front and back. There is room, no errors.
Did you face the issue where the signals flash faster than normal ? Usually this issue happens when you install a lower consumption bulb and the car thinks that the bulb is not working.
Old 01-21-16, 10:59 AM
CrackerJac
Driver

Originally Posted by alvitdk
Awesome, did you get them in White or Amber?
I did amber in the front and red in the back!

And no, no hyper flashing issues either.
Old 01-21-16, 11:09 AM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did amber in the front and red in the back!

And no, no hyper flashing issues either.

I did white in the front. I love the look of it when you hit the locks on the key fob. Matches nicely to the headlights/fog lights/DRL (non F sport with LED headlights). Only problem I have is my car has no front plate (required in NY, totally illegal window tints, and a few other not so police friendly modifications) so I do get paranoid when I use them, and find myself not signaling as much as I should just from fear of a cop seeing the flashing white (which are very bright) and pulling me over

Post meant for alvitdk
Old 01-21-16, 06:59 PM
CrackerJac
Driver

Originally Posted by KYLESTONES
I did white in the front. I love the look of it when you hit the locks on the key fob. Matches nicely to the headlights/fog lights/DRL (non F sport with LED headlights). Only problem I have is my car has no front plate (required in NY, totally illegal window tints, and a few other not so police friendly modifications) so I do get paranoid when I use them, and find myself not signaling as much as I should just from fear of a cop seeing the flashing white (which are very bright) and pulling me over

Post meant for alvitdk
lol- yeah, I believe the white turn signals are illegal. Just add that to the mix of other vehicle violations and maybe they'll blend in! Haha
Old 01-22-16, 01:23 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

lol- yeah, I believe the white turn signals are illegal. Just add that to the mix of other vehicle violations and maybe they'll blend in! Haha
Yes, white turn signals is illegal but for cars which come stock with them it's legal. I don't remember which cars have them but yeah, don't think they would really enforce that rule ; if they do it's like a secondary offense.

I used to have white led as well but changed it back to amber after a while.
Old 01-22-16, 05:23 PM
39RN
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone tried the switchback led's? You would get the white you are looking for with a legal amber turn signal.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Switchback-...0-05x-2835.htm

Quick Reply: 2016 IS350 F-Sport Turn signal LEDS