IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Let's talk about the mod(s) you regret the most...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-16, 07:51 AM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Let's talk about the mod(s) you regret the most...

This thread should help out new 3IS owners or those new to modding what to do and what to skip out on.

- What mod did you regret the most?
- What mod gave you the most problems?
- etc...
Old 01-06-16, 07:52 AM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

I'll start the thread out by saying, buying new $4k+ wheels...
Old 01-06-16, 07:54 AM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dnasians
I'll start the thread out by saying, buying new $4k+ wheels...
And what is wrong with your wheels?
Old 01-06-16, 08:03 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I cannot say it is a real mod, but I installed a PPF from llumar and it was the worst PPF I tried. Thank God I replaced it with XBEL Ultimate PPF.
Old 01-06-16, 08:21 AM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Imprezario
And what is wrong with your wheels?
nothing wrong with them. I bought volk ze40s and spent way too much. ended up just selling them for a decent loss
Old 01-06-16, 10:07 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't regretted any mod I've done.
The only thing I changed back to stock was an F-Sport exhaust. It was perfect for me, but too loud for my passengers.
Old 01-06-16, 10:12 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

tinting the entire car's windows (including the windshield) with 3m's crystalline to help keep the car cool. i paid a premium for a film that doesn't keep the car any cooler than films by other well-reputed companies.
Old 01-06-16, 11:33 PM
IScrazzd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really interested in the feedback from the members that have lowering springs with an f-sport model. Thanks in advance. No mods done....yet.
Old 01-07-16, 05:34 AM
OvOxNO
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IScrazzd
Really interested in the feedback from the members that have lowering springs with an f-sport model. Thanks in advance. No mods done....yet.
I lowered mine this past weekend, fairly easy install with correct tools and a little help. You can tell the difference versus factory springs on rough spots in the road (bumps/dips) but other than that the ride remains pretty smooth. I had coils on my 2is on a 2 inch drop and daily driving was tedious, only tedious part with the RSR superdowns is the front bumper (especially if you go with a lip) luckily I temporarily have the "all fit" on the front, cheap, looks good and is a lot more forgiving than a higher priced lip a "practice" lip so to speak . I guess my only regret about it so far is pulling out of parking lots with a bigger dip than i anticipated and having to do the walk of shame to check for damage to the lip afterwards as long as its not the fenders
Old 01-07-16, 06:23 AM
gregerst
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been lowered on RSR downs for a few months and have no regrets here. Initially I didn't like the -2.1 camber on the rears but fixed that with camber arms. Looks better, rides about the same and still has enough clearance not to scrape most inclines and driveways and thankfully for the times I pulled up to close, the front lip barely clears curbs.
Old 01-07-16, 07:27 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am 50% regretting my Joe Z axle back. i am very sensitive to droning and it makes me feel juvenile trying to explain the noise on conference calls. I should've waited for a good price on a used f sport exhuast
Old 01-07-16, 08:37 AM
Maveri9720
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been on RSR Super Downs for over 6 months and I still love it (2015 IS250 RWD F-Sport). The look is perfect for me and the ride is the same, IMO. No bouncing, no jarring, no bottoming out. Now, I do live in south Florida, so the roads are great and I don't have to deal with any inclement weather. I too have the All-Fit lip on my front bumper and it looks good and has also saved my butt a few times when I wasn't paying attention. Down side is you have to be more mindful when driving and going over bumps and when parking, but I'm totally ok with that for the look and ride I now have. I don't see myself going back unless I move out of south Florida.
Old 01-07-16, 08:39 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F-sport intake, while it looks good, but at over $300+tax it's a waste in retrospect.
Old 01-07-16, 10:21 AM
LexoDAV
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

FRS torsen LSD, I swap the entire pumpkin with the 4.1 gears and it swallowed gas on freeways, and it wasn't worth the pretty penny. no major difference in driving except the constant thought of it was there
Old 01-07-16, 10:45 AM
iddi0tt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexoDAV
FRS torsen LSD, I swap the entire pumpkin with the 4.1 gears and it swallowed gas on freeways, and it wasn't worth the pretty penny. no major difference in driving except the constant thought of it was there
what kind of mileage were you getting?

Quick Reply: Let's talk about the mod(s) you regret the most...