IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Quality body shop in Orange County, CA

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-15, 07:08 PM
gnawhdivad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality body shop in Orange County, CA

Long story short, someone hit and run my is250 in the parking lot, but caught the victim due to black box.
I have a scratch/scrap on the rear bumper that needs to be repainted. Could anyone recommend me a reputable shop in orange county, ca? Im located in Irvine.
I have been yelping some body shops, but still deciding where to do it at. Quality and affordable.

Thanks!
Old 12-01-15, 10:17 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Not cost effective, but depending on your insurance deductible you could get a quote from south coast Lexus since they have a full body shop. Just a thought
Old 12-02-15, 09:07 AM
gnawhdivad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
Not cost effective, but depending on your insurance deductible you could get a quote from south coast Lexus since they have a full body shop. Just a thought
thanks Rudiculous,

I didn't know the south county dealer would have their own body shop. I was only aware that even though you take the car to the dealer, they end up transferring it to a local body shop and "acting" like they fixed it directly at the dealer.
Anyways, I had an unhappy experience at the south county location related with warranty :/
Old 12-02-15, 09:46 AM
daobn24
Pole Position

It really depends on how big this scratch/scrap is. You'd be amazed of what the paint less dent repair guys can do, this route will keep your OEM paint intact. Give these guys a call and see if they can help http://www.yelp.com/biz/dents-no-more-santa-ana-6

If you do decide to repaint, I'd go with Tho's Auto Collision. Very well reviewed and the girl upfront is a joy to deal with. http://www.yelp.com/biz/thos-auto-collision-westminster

GL.
Old 12-02-15, 10:27 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

thos auto collision in westminster. family owned shop with excellent pricing and high quality work. highly recommend them (they worked on my 15 is350). tell them anthony with the is350 sent you.

edit: just realize the poster above also recommended tho's.
Old 12-02-15, 10:56 AM
gnawhdivad
Driver School Candidate

I usually had gone to tho's for my other vehicles.
I got a great quote on the lexus but I am a bit worried about their quality control lately.

Price is flexible and superb but the quality control is very on and off lately. When I first encountered the body shop, I saw a guy polishing the car while smoking a cigarette. That should have given me a red flag, but I trusted the superb customers' reviews.

My previous car was repaired at tho's, but the paint finish was not as great. For car enthusiast guy, you can know if the paint finish is well done or not. As for my previous repair it was somewhat recognizable when the sun reflects on the paint. I let that slide since repairs can't be absolutely perfect due to a car being at least 8yrs old, and deal was great.
I referred my friend to the shop but ended up having his whole quarter panel with air bubbles and unfinished seal. He requested it to be redone but the 2nd time, it still had a paint run and unfinished seal. (Even had some cigarette ash arnd the car.. I wonder why)
With the quality of my friend's experience, I was thinking of giving it a 3rd try, but I'm hesitant about it.
I am sure that the owner of tho's is a great painter/worker, but his co-workers that does the job(paint/sand/finish) for him is not so so good..

Don't really want to hit and miss at the moment.
Old 12-02-15, 11:04 AM
daobn24
Pole Position

Well then. try this thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...er-thread.html
Old 12-02-15, 11:06 AM
jkhang714
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I rolled and pulled my front fenders, came out a little wavy wasnt happy so took to body shop in garden grove called professional collison, cross streets harbor/trask. They did a superb job. Looks like i never had it resprayed. Color matched perfectly. Price was half of other quotes i was quoted and turn time was quick. No imperfections.
Old 12-02-15, 11:12 AM
gnawhdivad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by daobn24
Thanks! I'll dig into it

Originally Posted by jkhang714
I rolled and pulled my front fenders, came out a little wavy wasnt happy so took to body shop in garden grove called professional collison, cross streets harbor/trask. They did a superb job. Looks like i never had it resprayed. Color matched perfectly. Price was half of other quotes i was quoted and turn time was quick. No imperfections.
Awesome! I'll sure to check it out on the weekend. Appreciate your contribute jkhang
Old 12-02-15, 01:27 PM
jkhang714
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

No worries. Im really particular about painting and color matching and etc etc with how everything turns out after leaving apaint shop. I was sceptical about respraying a brand new car but the results were on point. Couldnt even tell it was resprayed. If u do go get a quote tell him the guy with the white lexus who had the two front fenders respray referred u. U might get a cheaper quote.

Last edited by jkhang714; 12-02-15 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-02-15, 03:52 PM
HKBruin
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I went to Perfect Color in Anaheim couple years ago to repaint my front bumper cover of my other car.
Good quality work and price; I recommend them:

http://www.perfectcolor.net/default.aspx
Old 12-02-15, 08:20 PM
gnawhdivad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jkhang714
No worries. Im really particular about painting and color matching and etc etc with how everything turns out after leaving apaint shop. I was sceptical about respraying a brand new car but the results were on point. Couldnt even tell it was resprayed. If u do go get a quote tell him the guy with the white lexus who had the two front fenders respray referred u. U might get a cheaper quote.
haha same here, im really picky lately ever since I have seen poor work done.

Originally Posted by HKBruin
I went to Perfect Color in Anaheim couple years ago to repaint my front bumper cover of my other car.
Good quality work and price; I recommend them:

http://www.perfectcolor.net/default.aspx
Thanks HKBruin! I will sure to check it out here also. Gonna go around all the body shop and check them out.