IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Chances of there being an IS F?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-15, 09:31 AM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chances of there being an IS F?

Has anyone heard any rumors of there being an IS F in the future. I don't like coupes and don't want an M3/S4 or ATS. The GS-F is out of my price range. What are the chances Lexus decides to bring one out?
Old 10-31-15, 09:35 AM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

I highly doubt it will ever happen.

I had this discussion with another gent the other day he thought they would but I think we would have seen it by now or they would have carried it over with the complete re-design.

Especially now that they have the GS-F, a slightly larger 4 door...

Even if they did, I would expect the price to be really close to the RC-F.

I have been looking into doing a swap to see how feasible it is, but it is proving to be very cost prohibitive.
Old 10-31-15, 09:38 AM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brendanf
I highly doubt it will ever happen.

I had this discussion with another gent the other day he thought they would but I think we would have seen it by now or they would have carried it over with the complete re-design.

Especially now that they have the GS-F, a slightly larger 4 door...

Even if they did, I would expect the price to be really close to the RC-F.

I have been looking into doing a swap to see how feasible it is, but it is proving to be very cost prohibitive.
Yeah, Ive been searching for any rumors of an IS-F but have not found any at all. I like the GSF and might have to settle for that once my lease is over.

You might want to buy one here from a US dealer, they are being discounted up to $10K.
Old 10-31-15, 02:19 PM
sistrunk05
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There needs to be one because there is too much of a price gap between the IS 350 F Sport and the GS F (45K vs. 85K). Those of us with families and the need for 4 doors and decent rear leg room would gladly choose the IS F since RC F is not practical for more than 2 passengers. Personally, I prefer the IS over the GS platform regardless of cost. From the chassis, to the power trains, and the suspension, it is a well designed platform that would make a great 3IS F if Lexus would build about 5000 of them. In addition, we need a more reliable alternative to the M3, RS4, and C63.

Lexus - Are you listening??!!??
Old 11-01-15, 08:44 AM
akshunj
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I read in a previous post the V8 won't fit in the IS. Not sure if this is true, but if it is perhaps we'll see an ISF when Lexus retires the V8 for a turbo V6.
Old 11-01-15, 08:56 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by akshunj
I read in a previous post the V8 won't fit in the IS. Not sure if this is true, but if it is perhaps we'll see an ISF when Lexus retires the V8 for a turbo V6.
The RC uses the GS front to accommodate the V8. I believe it uses the IS rear set up though.
Old 11-01-15, 09:04 AM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Not sure if you guys aware that Lexus is giving up on the NA V8 on the F platform but my guess was there will be a new ISF coming out which is equipped with the new engine (possibly a V6 force induction engine). I think this wont be happening in the next 2-3 yrs but i think it is possible.
Old 11-01-15, 09:58 AM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Here's an article on the Lexus Enthusiast site but it's over a year old:
https://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/09/...n-motor-trend/

I was in the dealership yesterday and my sales rep had confirmed that that there will be an updated ISF.
It'll probably be a few years before it's out.
Old 11-01-15, 11:07 AM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by gpxluke
Not sure if you guys aware that Lexus is giving up on the NA V8 on the F platform but my guess was there will be a new ISF coming out which is equipped with the new engine (possibly a V6 force induction engine). I think this wont be happening in the next 2-3 yrs but i think it is possible.
I don't think Lexus is giving up on the V8.. If anything I'd say they are the only ones sticking with it..

The new Akinson cycle V8 engine does wonders for emissions and that is why most manufacturers are getting away from V8's to comply with emissions..

Time will tell though.
Old 11-01-15, 04:16 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by brendanf
I don't think Lexus is giving up on the V8.. If anything I'd say they are the only ones sticking with it..

The new Akinson cycle V8 engine does wonders for emissions and that is why most manufacturers are getting away from V8's to comply with emissions..

Time will tell though.
Well beleive it or not, its been confirmed.

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/f-off-say-bye-bye-to-lexus-fs-naturally-aspirated-v8/
Old 11-01-15, 04:54 PM
DaJoDJ
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gpxluke
Well beleive it or not, its been confirmed.

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/f...-aspirated-v8/
Yup.

Confirmed, it is. To be honest, I wasn't surprised at all... It was only a matter of time.

Though, I probably wouldn't buy one right away if it's a V6 turbo'd... Lexus is still fairly new to the FI game... *cough*NX200T/IS200T*cough*
Old 11-01-15, 07:59 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Here's more on the move towards turbo for future F models.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/10/...rmance-models/
Old 11-01-15, 09:25 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DaJoDJ
Yup.

Confirmed, it is. To be honest, I wasn't surprised at all... It was only a matter of time.

Though, I probably wouldn't buy one right away if it's a V6 turbo'd... Lexus is still fairly new to the FI game... *cough*NX200T/IS200T*cough*
I am pretty sure Lexus isnt that stupid knowing FI is the whole new trend in the automotive industry, rather joining the game immediately and win some market share, I beleive they spend thay extra time to ensure the turbo engine reliability so I think thats why Lexus is always late for the game as they wanna join it but also maintain its brand image.
Old 11-02-15, 01:58 PM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder if this means that they're also working on a new turbo replacement for the 350 engine. I don't think I could resist selling my IS if they came out with a new turbo replacement.
Old 11-05-15, 06:00 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If there is a future IS-F it will most likely be a forced induction 6 cyl of some sort. I recall reading somewhere that the big wigs at lexus were hinting towards one in the near future.

Quick Reply: Chances of there being an IS F?