My DAC (V-Moda Vamp Verza w/ Bass boost) / ML setup:
iPhone --> Lightning Cable --> DAC USB In --> DAC AUX Out --> ML Aux In

EQ: Bass +5 / Mid +2 / Treb +3 or +4
Old 09-14-15, 04:14 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulf1
Are there any audiophiles in the forum with opinions on the ML in the 2015 IS?
OP,
You have the same mindset as me. Every vehicle that I have owned, I have upgraded my speakers and/or receiver. What I can say is that the premium, non-ML system sounds pretty good. It does have it's down points when it comes to proper sound-staging but it's not too bad. The ML may have more clarity and define the highs in the tweeters better. BUT, a lot of us on the forum have went with the premium system and added a subwoofer to give the systems a touch more "umph." This has made the stock system sound pretty damn good.

But, then again, I like my music a touch louder (not to **** people off but I like feeling it). I am thinking of upgrading all my speakers to Hertz in the near future and amping them. However, I just bought a brand new GMC Sierra sooooo money is now thin HAHA ^^;

Btw, old speakers in home audio are some of the best and hard to find on the market. If you have some of better yet older speakers I bet they can really rock a house. As for most quality speakers, using them more usually makes them sound better over time. I'm loving my Klipsch RF-7 IIs
Old 09-14-15, 06:06 AM
Paulf1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shirosan
OP,
You have the same mindset as me. Every vehicle that I have owned, I have upgraded my speakers and/or receiver. What I can say is that the premium, non-ML system sounds pretty good. It does have it's down points when it comes to proper sound-staging but it's not too bad. The ML may have more clarity and define the highs in the tweeters better. BUT, a lot of us on the forum have went with the premium system and added a subwoofer to give the systems a touch more "umph." This has made the stock system sound pretty damn good.

But, then again, I like my music a touch louder (not to **** people off but I like feeling it). I am thinking of upgrading all my speakers to Hertz in the near future and amping them. However, I just bought a brand new GMC Sierra sooooo money is now thin HAHA ^^;

Btw, old speakers in home audio are some of the best and hard to find on the market. If you have some of better yet older speakers I bet they can really rock a house. As for most quality speakers, using them more usually makes them sound better over time. I'm loving my Klipsch RF-7 IIs
I couldn't find a 2015 IS 350 w the color combo and options I wanted w an ML System. I received a great deal and leased one with a standard system. I'm not sure what my options are now that I've leased, maybe I can add an Amp n Sub without doing anything that's not reversible at lease end.

Home system...as of now I have Martin Logan Speakers, EAD Preamp, Mark Levinson Amps and occasional use an EAD Powermaster 2000 Amp. Sometimes run my lossless files thru a Emotiva XDA-2 DAC and that sounds surprisingly well.
Old 09-20-15, 06:08 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowrydr01
i have the ML and when i get non ML loaners it sounds like garbage in comparison.

Not to say that the ML is without its downsides, but if you are comparing the two dealer options than do the ML.
Totally agree with you! The standard sound system is terrible. I have an IS250 as a loaner this weekend and it sounds like youre listening to music through crappy iPod earbuds. All the settings are on default. Definitely worth it to get the ML, and it might help your resale a little bit later on.
Old 09-21-15, 04:35 AM
plutoGK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
My DAC (V-Moda Vamp Verza w/ Bass boost) / ML setup:
iPhone --> Lightning Cable --> DAC USB In --> DAC AUX Out --> ML Aux In

EQ: Bass +5 / Mid +2 / Treb +3 or +4
do you mind tell me which dac you use?
Old 09-21-15, 10:13 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by plutoGK
do you mind tell me which dac you use?
I'm using V-Moda Vamp Verza. It works great
Amazon.com: V-MODA VAMP Verza Universal Headphone Amplifier with DAC and Battery Pack for Android, Apple and Computers (Matte Black): Electronics Amazon.com: V-MODA VAMP Verza Universal Headphone Amplifier with DAC and Battery Pack for Android, Apple and Computers (Matte Black): Electronics
I found a like-new one on eBay and got it for $350 instead of the full retail price of $550+
Old 09-22-15, 03:58 AM
plutoGK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
I'm using V-Moda Vamp Verza. It works great
Amazon.com: V-MODA VAMP Verza Universal Headphone Amplifier with DAC and Battery Pack for Android, Apple and Computers (Matte Black): Electronics
I found a like-new one on eBay and got it for $350 instead of the full retail price of $550+
how do you charge the DAC through? I dont want to bring it to home and charge it everytime when the battary is dead? can it be charged when you plug into the usb port while using it
?
Old 09-22-15, 11:22 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by plutoGK
how do you charge the DAC through? I dont want to bring it to home and charge it everytime when the battary is dead? can it be charged when you plug into the usb port while using it?
If you get a portable DAC, that will most likely be the case -- Charging periodically. (But the USB port in the car does not provide enough power anyway.)

I personally don't mind taking it off the car and charge it every week. It can last at least 5-6 hours of non-stop playing. Just make sure you turn it off when you get don't use it. And the Bass Boost option is a great option for the ML system since it's what's lacking the most.

There is another one from Apogee (will only work with i-devices) that gives you an option of charging the unit while using it via lighter jack
http://www.apogeedigital.com/blog/bl...one-ios-device

Last edited by Rebirthing; 09-22-15 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-22-15, 11:50 AM
Paulf1
Rookie

Is there a sub in the standard audio system? Where?