IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

No Traffic info with newest Firmware Flash

Old 07-08-15, 05:45 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Traffic info with newest Firmware Flash

Not that it was ever useful or accurate AT ALL but ive noticed that since i had the firmware updated on Thursday I haven't gotten any traffic info. I have cycle the function on and off just to confirm it is activated but i still dont see anything.

Anybody else having this issue?

again its not a big deal since its a pretty worthless feature since it doesn't even register stand still traffic that happens every day in Philadelphia but i was wondering if it is just me?
Old 07-08-15, 08:01 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

can you post your firmware version?
Old 07-08-15, 08:04 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Old 07-08-15, 09:18 AM
jkhang714
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

How did u update ur firmware? Dealer? Free?
Old 07-08-15, 09:30 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Originally Posted by jkhang714
How did u update ur firmware? Dealer? Free?
It was free at the dealer. Its well within warranty and my infotainment froze about 75% of the time at start up when connecting to my phone. Thats gone, but now im noticing that i havent seen traffic since the update.
Old 07-08-15, 09:36 AM
jkhang714
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

So just call dealer and ask them if they can update my firmware? Ill try that this weekend. Thanks.
Old 07-08-15, 10:00 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Traffic is inaccurate anyways, I wouldn't even try getting it fixed. That's just me.
Old 07-08-15, 10:10 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Originally Posted by drbazing
Traffic is inaccurate anyways, I wouldn't even try getting it fixed. That's just me.
Thats why its not a big deal and since i just got the most recent firmware 5 days ago im not sure there is much to "fix" I was just wondering if its happening to anyone else.
Old 07-08-15, 10:12 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Originally Posted by jkhang714
So just call dealer and ask them if they can update my firmware? Ill try that this weekend. Thanks.
I would word it slightly different.

"I am having an intermittent freeze of my infotainment. I did a little research (actually check your revision number) and it looks like there is a newer one. I would like the newest firmware for operating system and nav uploaded"

Dont forget to emphasize you are NOT ASKING FOR A FREE MAP UPGRADE. I swear this came up 3 times.

Dont forget to circle back and let me know if your traffic is working
Old 07-08-15, 10:23 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Is your weather map working? I've had issues with my map not loading in the past. The way I got that "fixed" was to delete personal info. It seemed to reset everything (I never checked if my traffic was working at the time).

**I will warn you that deleting the personal info does delete stored radio stations and audio (speaker) settings.**
Old 07-08-15, 10:26 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Originally Posted by doodlebug
Is your weather map working? I've had issues with my map not loading in the past. The way I got that "fixed" was to delete personal info. It seemed to reset everything (I never checked if my traffic was working at the time).

**I will warn you that deleting the personal info does delete stored radio stations and audio (speaker) settings.**
I dont think ive ever even turned my weather map on?

im bringing it in for tires on the 20th (not oems thank god) and ill have them look at it then, I have a loaner this time so i dont need a quick turn around.
Old 07-08-15, 10:27 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowrydr01
I dont think ive ever even turned my weather map on?

im bringing it in for tires on the 20th (not oems thank god) and ill have them look at it then, I have a loaner this time so i dont need a quick turn around.
What tires are you getting? Just curious. Planning to get super sports in the future since I still have plenty of treads.
Old 07-08-15, 11:35 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

What tires are you getting? Just curious. Planning to get super sports in the future since I still have plenty of treads.
Super Sports are fantastic but Im going with the Conti DW. While i would love super sports, i had to deal with the reality that i only get to have fun on one on ramp during my 60 mile commute and thats usually only once a week i get that ramp alone and not held up. With that in mind it wasnt worth the premium over the Conti for my scenario. Also the Conti is much better then OEM so it seemed like diminishing returns at that point. I use to have BFGs summers on my RX8 and loved it and the Conti DW outscored those handily so assuming thousands of reviews cant be THAT wrong, it should be enough tire for me.

But individual needs will vary and in Philly potholes from winter do not get filled until august and then start again in November so i was willing to give up some responsiveness on turn in for a more compliant ride.

Last edited by Snowrydr01; 07-08-15 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-08-15, 12:36 PM
coldsoda
Rookie

MPSS are hard to beat for the performance you get and price you pay... if you can get in on any rebates when you purchase them, even better!
Old 07-08-15, 02:40 PM
hellogoodb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if I changed my setting or anything but on my map now, there are tons of red circles indicating gps locations of places I've been to in my car. Is this a new feature they added?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Traffic info with newest Firmware Flash