IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Special CPO Lease Advice - 2013 350

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-15, 08:44 PM
loosegoose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special CPO Lease Advice - 2013 350

Have never leased before and have had two non-Lexus cars previously both purchased. Considering leasing and am a total newbie on leasing. I like the look of the 2013 350 and a dealer has a CPO one available with the features I am looking for. I read through the threads on leasing and general and - whoa - that was a lot to take in even for a new car. Lot of stuff that I was not familiar with to begin with. No trade in would be involved - dealer says cap cost would need to be paid which I would have to keep on my list to find out along with whatever else is due at signing. Most likely will not keep the car afterwards and go into the new Lexus everyone is talking about once this lease ends. Thinking is my head is that I get into a Lexus at a manageable lease payment and see how it goes over the term. Looking at this vehicle as one to get me into a car that I like and need to make a move as current car is giving up the ghost. Have read that CPO leases are their own animal and have different issues.

Looking for some advice on what information to get beyond the obvious (cap cost, duration, other costs at signing, mileage per year, etc.) to help me figure out if what they are offering is a good deal and help me negotiate it. Have seen pricing for brand new 350 leasing which is helpful to some extent. Car listed by dealer at 36k and change for sale and 379/mo for lease (plus cap costs and whatever else at signing). Has luxury package, navigation and 19k miles. I believe I would be Tier 1 credit based on scores and what I have read. Duration not provided in listing. Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to getting myself into a Lexus.
Old 06-02-15, 10:40 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by loosegoose
Have never leased before and have had two non-Lexus cars previously both purchased. Considering leasing and am a total newbie on leasing. I like the look of the 2013 350 and a dealer has a CPO one available with the features I am looking for. I read through the threads on leasing and general and - whoa - that was a lot to take in even for a new car. Lot of stuff that I was not familiar with to begin with. No trade in would be involved - dealer says cap cost would need to be paid which I would have to keep on my list to find out along with whatever else is due at signing. Most likely will not keep the car afterwards and go into the new Lexus everyone is talking about once this lease ends. Thinking is my head is that I get into a Lexus at a manageable lease payment and see how it goes over the term. Looking at this vehicle as one to get me into a car that I like and need to make a move as current car is giving up the ghost. Have read that CPO leases are their own animal and have different issues.

Looking for some advice on what information to get beyond the obvious (cap cost, duration, other costs at signing, mileage per year, etc.) to help me figure out if what they are offering is a good deal and help me negotiate it. Have seen pricing for brand new 350 leasing which is helpful to some extent. Car listed by dealer at 36k and change for sale and 379/mo for lease (plus cap costs and whatever else at signing). Has luxury package, navigation and 19k miles. I believe I would be Tier 1 credit based on scores and what I have read. Duration not provided in listing. Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to getting myself into a Lexus.
Not sure you realize you're in the 3iS section. Why not consider leasing a new 250? The numbers might be fairly close to what you're being quoted on a car that will be three model years old in a few months.
Old 06-04-15, 12:35 PM
BugginOuT
Driver School Candidate

Is this something new? I thought you couldn't lease on a used car, at least, when I tried to a couple of years ago.
Old 06-04-15, 12:41 PM
loosegoose
Driver School Candidate

Not sure whether it is new or not as I am new to leasing but the dealer is definitely offering CPO status on a 2013 IS 350.