IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any suggestion on no drill license plate relocator bracket on my front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-15, 08:04 AM
Brandnewme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any suggestion on no drill license plate relocator bracket on my front bumper

Hi guys. I need youre guys suggestion on what license plate relocator bracket i can put on my car because i want to out my front license plate on the rigt side of my front bumper. And is there any brackets that doesnt need drilling a hole. Thank you very much!

Last edited by Brandnewme; 03-14-15 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 03-14-15, 09:18 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandnewme
Hi guys. I need youre guys suggestion on what license plate relocator bracket i can put on my car because i want to out my front license plate on the rigt side of my front bumper. And is there any brackets that doesnt need drilling a hole. Thank you very much!
If you need this to get around a ticket for no front plate in CA ( Santa Monica!!!!) I had a friend who used Velcro. We went to a Police Station and the officer didn't look to closely and signed off on the repair. I'm pretty sure he knew what was going on but understood the pain of drilling into the front bumper on a high end car. If you really just want a front plate, I can't imagine anything reliable short of epoxy (which would be crazy) or just drill the holes and live with it.
Old 03-14-15, 10:51 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ebay has several different kinds but i prefer my grimmspeed bracket thats off to the side.. a little expensive on the price, but i like how much room there is to shift around and put it in diff locations of the bracket.. do a search on the forum to see the cars that have them.
http://www.grimmspeed.com/license-pl...s-250-350-isf/
Old 03-14-15, 11:09 AM
Brandnewme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
ebay has several different kinds but i prefer my grimmspeed bracket thats off to the side.. a little expensive on the price, but i like how much room there is to shift around and put it in diff locations of the bracket.. do a search on the forum to see the cars that have them.
Thank you! Iam actually looking of getting this grimspeed bracket it looks legit!
Old 03-14-15, 11:12 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
That's pretty brilliant! I like it!
Old 03-14-15, 09:15 PM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm currently using the grimmspeed one for the is. If you do get this one, I highly recommend you add a lock washer to prevent the plate from spinning

Old 03-15-15, 11:25 AM
nick0327
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brandnewme
Don't know if you find this too much work, but if I ever get pulled over for no front license plate, this is what I am going to do for a permanent one time solution. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-thread-6.html
Old 03-16-15, 06:43 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the idea the OP had in mind was to not have to drill holes int he front of his bumper or have the plate located in the center of the bumper. IMHO i think the plate to the side without obstructing the center grill looks clean and aggressive at the same time.

i don't see the point to doing the magnets if OP didn't want to put the grill in the center. i see no point to the magnets really, other than if you were to stop somewhere, pop your plate off just for a quick photoshoot, and then have to pop it back on before you drive around the streets VA, CA, any other place that requires front plates.. why not just leave it on the side and not have to touch it ever again..