IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

5000 mile service and F Sport Exhaust Install today....Dealer charges for gas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-15, 08:00 AM
phungy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus Park Place Grapevine has never asked me to fill up gas. They even told me I didn't need to refill the tank.
Old 01-22-15, 08:24 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
Really?? $28 for touch-up paint? Ridiculous! It should've been free since you bought a car from them I will check with my dealer and report back!
Um, why would touch up paint be free?

is it their fault the car chipped? Are you expecting free tires when they wear out?

Its all part of car ownership and car wear & tear. Pay the $28
Old 01-22-15, 11:55 AM
FPerform
Driver

Originally Posted by HanaleiISF
Drove about 30 miles in the ES 350 and the needle didnt even move. The throttle response of Eco and Sport on the ES is like day and night...2 totally different cars lol.

Performance Exhaust installed and you can definitely hear it all the time. Still debating if it's too loud while cruising on the interstate since my back seats were down on the drive home with the original exhaust in the trunk. Solid note at 2000-2500 rpm.
Do you get any noticeable upgrade in performance? They advertise it as giving added low-to-mid torque, but I feel like it'll be marginal. Still debating if I want to shell out the $$$ for it.

On a side note, are the only loaner options only ES's and CT's?
Old 01-22-15, 05:58 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Um, why would touch up paint be free?

is it their fault the car chipped? Are you expecting free tires when they wear out?

Its all part of car ownership and car wear & tear. Pay the $28
I thought it would be free since other brands are given them out for free - I got one for my Scion, my parents got one for their Honda free of charge!! It wasn't their fault that the car got chipped, but they should stand behind their product/vehicles and at least give clients a free bottle
Old 01-22-15, 06:01 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW13GS
LOL! Why?!? Why does purchasing a car somehow entitle you to free parts and service beyond what is agreed to in the purchase contract? Where does it end?
I don't consider touch up paints to be "parts". It should be more of a courtesy for buyers to fix their first chips. I received one bottle free when I took delivery of new '12 Scion TC. My parents also received a free bottle when they purchased their '10 Honda Pilot & '13 Honda Accord. So, if other brands are doing this "act of courtesy" why should Lexus not?? Any answers to that??
Old 01-22-15, 07:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

I don't consider touch up paints to be "parts". It should be more of a courtesy for buyers to fix their first chips. I received one bottle free when I took delivery of new '12 Scion TC. My parents also received a free bottle when they purchased their '10 Honda Pilot & '13 Honda Accord. So, if other brands are doing this "act of courtesy" why should Lexus not?? Any answers to that??
I've never received a bottle of touch up paint for ANY vehicle I have ever purchased. Sometimes I've gotten little gifts, like a hat, or a sleeve of golf *****, and sometimes not.

Thats the thing about thank you gifts, if they became expected they would no longer be gifts...they would be equipment on the vehicle. You can't EXPECT a gift.

A bottle of touch up paint is a part, it costs the dealer money to purchase from the manufacturer wholesale and they are in the business of selling things they buy wholesale at a profit. Not giving them away. If you received touch up paint in the past, that was a free gift from the dealership...not from the manufacturer.
Old 01-22-15, 11:24 PM
nabizzy
Rookie

touch up paint isn't free on my audi, either of the bmws I've owned, or the two lexi i own now. if someone has gotten it for free i would be interested as to who owned the dealership. sewell maybe?
Old 01-23-15, 09:10 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I did receive free touch up paint for my RX and my IS. This is the first time I ever have, so it was not expected and was a nice surprise. I went in to buy it and the parts guy said something to the effect of "you're a good customer, these are on us today".
Old 01-23-15, 09:12 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I usually ask and get touch up paint as part of my deal after cost haggling.
Old 01-23-15, 10:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JDR76
I did receive free touch up paint for my RX and my IS. This is the first time I ever have, so it was not expected and was a nice surprise. I went in to buy it and the parts guy said something to the effect of "you're a good customer, these are on us today".
They gave me a free set of wiper inserts at the parts department the other day which was nice. Again though, these things are unexpected bonuses. I didn't walk in and expect them to be free because I'd bought a car or had it serviced there, just as you did not expect the touch up paint to be free.

When you expect this kind of stuff, you're going to be disappointed, and they're going to be a lot less likely to try and go above and beyond for you if they are just struggling to meet your expectations.

Last edited by SW17LS; 01-23-15 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-23-15, 11:19 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

They gave me a free set of wiper inserts at the parts department the other day which was nice. Again though, these things are unexpected bonuses. I didn't walk in and expect them to be free because I'd bought a car or had it serviced there, just as you did not expect the touch up paint to be free.

When you expect this kind of stuff, you're going to be disappointed, and they're going to be a lot less likely to try and go above and beyond for you if they are just struggling to meet your expectations.
Free is nice.
I just paid $69.95 for an oil change and $18.49 for wiper refills with installation.Both costs are not bad to me.
Old 01-23-15, 11:32 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

An thats not bad at all.
Old 01-23-15, 06:25 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

I've never received a bottle of touch up paint for ANY vehicle I have ever purchased. Sometimes I've gotten little gifts, like a hat, or a sleeve of golf *****, and sometimes not.

Thats the thing about thank you gifts, if they became expected they would no longer be gifts...they would be equipment on the vehicle. You can't EXPECT a gift.

A bottle of touch up paint is a part, it costs the dealer money to purchase from the manufacturer wholesale and they are in the business of selling things they buy wholesale at a profit. Not giving them away. If you received touch up paint in the past, that was a free gift from the dealership...not from the manufacturer.
I see what you're saying. However, the dealership should already exceed your expectations since you bought them a car! Not a toy or a doughnut A brand new car (or used ) is a huge investment and it would not hurt to get a little something in return free of charge. So, definitely I do expect a gift from them! Yes, I've received complimentary stuff from Lexus such as a pen, key chain, first aid kit with Lexus logo, etc. No hat, though
Old 01-23-15, 06:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

is a huge investment and it would not hurt to get a little something in return free of charge. So, definitely I do expect a gift from them!
We'll just have to agree to disagree. As long as I get a good deal, I couldn't care less what they give me.

I just never expect gifts from anybody in my life. If someone wants to give me a gift, then I'll accept it thankfully and graciously, but to expect a gift? I just don't understand that.
Old 01-23-15, 06:56 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

I once bought a $129,000 Mercedes and the dealership gave me a real nice MB wallet I still have the wallet.

Quick Reply: 5000 mile service and F Sport Exhaust Install today....Dealer charges for gas?