ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Crazy stories that you may have regarding your 3IS (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/767063-crazy-stories-that-you-may-have-regarding-your-3is.html)

PAPI007 12-17-14 04:26 PM

Crazy stories that you may have regarding your 3IS

I was at Target today and there were 2 teens that started taking pictures of the car as soon as I parked. I felt like I was in a photo shoot. They kept saying "dude awesome car, awesome car." I said thanks and then got back into my car and decided to go to Walmart instead.

RoiteTrom 12-17-14 04:29 PM

http://jalopnik.com/i-shat-myself-in...car-1658777421

PAPI007 12-17-14 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom (Post 8830803)

I read that one. Really funny.:D

drbazing 12-17-14 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by PAPI007 (Post 8830798)
I was at Target today and there were 2 teens that started taking pictures of the car as soon as I parked. I felt like I was in a photo shoot. They kept saying "dude awesome car, awesome car." I said thanks and then got back into my car and decided to go to Walmart instead.

Damn, that's hella crazy man. I don't think I have any crazy stories yet, not as crazy as yours at least.

salvadorik 12-17-14 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by drbazing (Post 8830810)
Damn, that's hella crazy man. I don't think I have any crazy stories yet, not as crazy as yours at least.

lol ........

lexi90 12-17-14 07:05 PM

This dude came out of Walgreens while I was waiting for my sister to come out and he was drinking something...he stops drinking and pauses and stares at my car... then keeps walking and finishes his drink! :D:D:D Odd

AndrewP930 12-17-14 07:37 PM

not usually a big fan of racing on the freeway but roads were clear and this EvoX kept asking for it so I went ahead and had some fun. Thought I'd get smoked but ended up pulling away from the Evo pretty easily (4-5x).

Wouldn't call this a crazy story but I was pretty impressed how fast the car was from a 4th gear pull. Switched over from a E92 335i (blown engine :thumbdn:) so always felt like the car was a bit sluggish (IS350 of course).

PAPI007 12-17-14 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by lexi90 (Post 8831003)
This dude came out of Walgreens while I was waiting for my sister to come out and he was drinking something...he stops drinking and pauses and stares at my car... then keeps walking and finishes his drink! :D:D:D Odd

Makes you feel good to get the stares! I know it does me!

Originally Posted by AndrewP930 (Post 8831050)
not usually a big fan of racing on the freeway but roads were clear and this EvoX kept asking for it so I went ahead and had some fun. Thought I'd get smoked but ended up pulling away from the Evo pretty easily (4-5x).

Wouldn't call this a crazy story but I was pretty impressed how fast the car was from a 4th gear pull. Switched over from a E92 335i (blown engine :thumbdn:) so always felt like the car was a bit sluggish (IS350 of course).

Don't underestimate this cars pull. It's pretty aggressive.

Mr_VFS1 12-18-14 07:30 AM

I was going through a fast food drive through getting a drink and the guy at the window where I pay kept complimenting my car and saying how sick it looks and just going on and on about my setup asking questions. He apologized for making me wait 5 minutes while he talked and through in a large thing of fries for free. I thought it was pretty cool.

HanaleiISF 12-18-14 07:44 AM

I was driving near 90 mph down the interstate last week and a Scion tC flies up beside me so they can take pics. Thumbs up all around.

RoiteTrom 12-18-14 07:58 AM

I was on my way to a racing event and stopped at a red-light. There was a nice looking car on my right.

I told the guy that he has a nice car and asked him what's the retail price on one of those things. He replied "More then you can afford pal. Ferrari." He revved his engine.

It was on now. I was going to teach this guy a lesson.

Long story short, I got smoked lolol.

lexi90 12-18-14 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by PAPI007 (Post 8831062)
Makes you feel good to get the stares! I know it does me!

Don't underestimate this cars pull. It's pretty aggressive.

Yes, @ PAPI007. And yes to the IS350 being pretty aggressive! Don't underestimate your Lexus!

lexi90 12-18-14 08:18 AM

Another story from last night!

Stop at a light. Guy pulls over next to me in a Benz C300. Keeps revv'ing his engine. I didn't look at him and took off. Next thing you know, guy gets pulled over by a cop who was hidden behind an old factory building! LMAO :D Lesson taught here!

AndrewP930 12-18-14 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom (Post 8831592)
I was on my way to a racing event and stopped at a red-light. There was a nice looking car on my right.

I told the guy that he has a nice car and asked him what's the retail price on one of those things. He replied "More then you can afford pal. Ferrari." He revved his engine.

It was on now. I was going to teach this guy a lesson.

Long story short, I got smoked lolol.

lol fast and furious baby!

jadu 12-18-14 08:56 AM

kids nowadays always snapping pics and recording.. happens to my sc as well.. i dont get it