ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   What's your favorite interior color? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/764675-whats-your-favorite-interior-color.html)

Machine13 11-26-14 09:02 AM

What's your favorite interior color?

I couldn't find any threads with this question and was looking to build a consensus on what interior color is the most preferred by you all (and, consequently, may have better resell value down the road.)

Irrespective of material type (i.e. NuLuxe with F-sport and leather with non F-sport.)

Black
Stratus Gray
Rioja Red
Parchment
Flaxen

I'll start, I got an F-sport, so my choices were limited to Rioja Red, Stratus Gray and Black. I got Rioja Red and like it the best. However, Stratus Gray is a close second, and Black is a distant third. I like lighter colors so I can see things on my seats in the dark, but gray is so light that dirt smears really stand out and requires the most frequent cleaning.

Thanks for your input. :woot:

************ EDIT 12/30/2014 ***********************************
Here is a tally of the votes counted through post # 37. I'll periodically re-count the votes and update the original post. Thanks everyone.
Black = 7
Stratus Gray = 5
Rioja Red = 13
Parchment = 0
Flaxen = 7

CtSFox 11-26-14 09:21 AM

Rioja Red

Its a warm, non-garrish red. After a year, the color, and the seats for that matter, looks like new.

nabizzy 11-26-14 09:55 AM

just got my car yesterday and got rioja red,by far my favorite

RoiteTrom 11-26-14 10:18 AM

Black. All other colors look "old" to me except the red. The red looks too light to me.

chuongzzz 11-26-14 10:22 AM

Rioja red with ultra white is the best choice

Lost808 11-26-14 10:44 AM

I love the flaxen with pearl. Great color contrast that breaks up the black interior.

kamauxx 11-26-14 11:11 AM

For me its a toss up between flaxen and red.

I bought a white on red Fsport though.

ISTORO 11-26-14 11:33 AM

I got the Flaxen NuLuxe with Matador Red. Wish the headliner matched better, looks like the parchment interior color. Black headliner would look better (like an F-Sport). Audi offers black headliner as a no-cost option.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...2efe9fe206.jpg

ISISGUY 11-26-14 12:50 PM

I think flaxen offers an awesome contrast, I went with black but I would've loved the flaxen. Maintenance on black interior is such a breeze though and it makes the medium tint look darker from the outside.

kinglexus99 11-26-14 01:51 PM

I ended up w/ White and Red. At first I was really against the red but unfortunately Lexus was only shipping the white/red 2015 combos to Socal. It's definitely growing on me and is a nice change from my typical black. Definitely a talking point with passengers too!

Need4Speed 11-26-14 01:52 PM

All Black+1 for me ..

Mike_1GO 11-26-14 03:37 PM

stratus gray

Loe 11-26-14 05:34 PM

I would have picked stratus gray, but ultra white on gray was virtually nonexistent; i really like how frosty stratus gray is

However, I chose Rioja Red, but would have chosen Flaxen as well if it were available in Fsport. Regardless, IHMO, Rioja Red isnt red enough to really pop in all lighting conditions, and Flaxen isnt camel/saddle/burnt orange enough to really stand out from the typical tan offered by other makes.

scarboy693 11-26-14 05:41 PM

I prefer Black... always preferred darker interiors and kinda like how low key the nebula gray/black is compared to ultra/rioja which was my other option when I purchased

davyjordi 11-27-14 02:23 AM

i have parchment, but really wanted flaxen :( no flaxen / MRM or flaxen / SFP luxury package combos were available in allllllll of southern california when i was looking, though, and so i took a parchment / MRM luxury package combo instead.