ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Trunk Cargo Net (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/761859-trunk-cargo-net.html)

nanceeebui 10-31-14 12:55 AM

Trunk Cargo Net

Hey guys.

I unscrewed the hook that holds onto the trunk's cargo net and the screw accidentally fell and now it's missing. I went into my dealership to ask if they sell extras, but the guy couldn't find it in their system 😤

Does anyone know where I can get the replacement screw? Or if anyone has an extra they want to sell? My poor cargo net has just been laying around in the trunk 😕 I have the 2014 model, if that makes any difference. Please and thank you 😊

jcheng 10-31-14 02:37 PM

Just take the other screw to home depot or lowes and try to match it with the correct pitch

nanceeebui 10-31-14 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by jcheng (Post 8771021)
Just take the other screw to home depot or lowes and try to match it with the correct pitch

I was thinking about doing that, but I was afraid that the screw is one of the few things that are auto specific. Maybe auto zone might have it. It's weird how the actual dealership does not carry it 😞

toyotatom 11-01-14 10:47 AM

I have one that is loose but it won't tighten back up by turning it, Im wondering if there is a nut on the back side that fell off, if so its going to a problem to fix.

Originally Posted by nanceeebui (Post 8771269)
I was thinking about doing that, but I was afraid that the screw is one of the few things that are auto specific. Maybe auto zone might have it. It's weird how the actual dealership does not carry it 😞

nanceeebui 11-01-14 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by toyotatom (Post 8771732)
I have one that is loose but it won't tighten back up by turning it, Im wondering if there is a nut on the back side that fell off, if so its going to a problem to fix.

Yeah I'm sure you lost the back screw, or nut if that's the proper term, like how I lost mine. I'm still trying to find the right match, but I can't 😐

specONE 11-02-14 08:20 AM

Its not a bolt or nut. Its just threaded stud with rubber o-ring holding it in place while you tighten it. Did you guys lose it on passenger or driver side? It's still down there if you pull the floor panel and search for it. Passenger side may be harder to find if it fell under the amplifier which will need to be unbolted to get it out

nanceeebui 11-02-14 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by specONE (Post 8772424)
Its not a bolt or nut. Its just threaded stud with rubber o-ring holding it in place while you tighten it. Did you guys lose it on passenger or driver side? It's still down there if you pull the floor panel and search for it. Passenger side may be harder to find if it fell under the amplifier which will need to be unbolted to get it out

I went into Home Depot, matched the size of the screw and just got a replacement for $0.63 and it works just as a great.