IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015 Lexus IS 350 AWD F-Sport - Only Red Interior Available In Canada?

Old 08-25-14, 10:27 AM
Jagstyles
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Lexus IS 350 AWD F-Sport - Only Red Interior Available In Canada?

I was checking out the configuration tool on the Lexus website and when selecting the 2015 IS 350 with AWD and the F-Sport 3 Series package, it seems its only available in red? Is this a mistake? I can't imagine they would only allow 1 interior colour on their most luxurious F-Sport package?

Thanks
Old 08-25-14, 11:01 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagstyles
I was checking out the configuration tool on the Lexus website and when selecting the 2015 IS 350 with AWD and the F-Sport 3 Series package, it seems its only available in red? Is this a mistake? I can't imagine they would only allow 1 interior colour on their most luxurious F-Sport package?

Thanks
I noticed that too when I was trying to figure out what changes are in 2015 IS. Not only they limit the top package (F-Sport Series 3 package or what it was used to called F-Sport Executive package in 2014 IS) to red interior, but they also limit the USB exterior colour to F-Sport Series 1 or 2. So it means you cannot get a F-Sport IS350 AWD in Ultra Sonic Blue with Series 3 this year.

I think it is something to do with the limited market in Canada for Lexus. They have changed the configuration in 2015 based on demands in 2014. For some reason, F-Sport with black interior never got a high demand when they were fully loaded in 2014.

Similar argument for IS250/350 RWD -- the regular non F Sport ones are ditched this year and Lexus Canada has added a better package to address the complaints in 2014 (lack of options such as BSM, RCTA, Mark Levinson, etc).
Old 08-25-14, 11:07 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Pay no attention to the online configuration tool. It does not reflect all available builds and options. Back when I bought my IS, it said my particular configuration was not available either.
Old 08-25-14, 11:31 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

most luxurious F-Sport package
Sorry but the luxury features are missing with the Fsport package. The non Fposrt Luxury package has real leather seats, memory settings, rain sensing wipers, etc.
Old 08-25-14, 11:37 AM
Jagstyles
Rookie

Yes, I'm not so much interested in the luxury features, just want the F-Sport 3 Series package on the AWD 350 in black interior (nuluxe) not red interior (nuluxe). Having said that, I think it's a huge omission for Lexus not to include memory seats and rain sensing wipers on these f-sport packages.
Old 08-25-14, 11:57 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I'm not so much interested in the luxury features, just want the F-Sport 3 Series package on the AWD 350 in black interior (nuluxe) not red interior (nuluxe). Having said that, I think it's a huge omission for Lexus not to include memory seats and rain sensing wipers on these f-sport packages.
i know right, i would have paid up to 2k more for all the tech options (excluding leather) at the time when i got my 350 Rwd Fsport. It's funny how in Dubai they offer park assist, rain wipers, memory seats, etc. on an Fsport, yet in North America not an option. Are you listening Lexus?
Old 08-25-14, 01:26 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by unowned
i know right, i would have paid up to 2k more for all the tech options (excluding leather) at the time when i got my 350 Rwd Fsport. It's funny how in Dubai they offer park assist, rain wipers, memory seats, etc. on an Fsport, yet in North America not an option. Are you listening Lexus?
IMO, Lexus US and Lexus Canada have a different marketing strategy in their mind --- try to limit the price ceiling to make their vehicles competitive and a better deal than the European car manufacturers (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc). So they give up some really nice features as part of the process, unfortunately. Lexus in NA don't get the idea that more choices make the vehicles look more premium -- it is the perception.

Look at some discussion in this forum where some members like the flexibility of features in other European car makers and perceive them as more luxurious brands despite their lineup have pretty affordable to ultra luxury models (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc)

This is their business model and I can't comment. However, there is one thing Lexus Canada could improve --- at least they could make the information more transparent. For example, it is impossible to tell from their web site or the car brochure that wood trim is different for different package of the same exterior colour. For regular 2014 IS with atomic silver exterior, if you get a luxury package, the wood trim is dark grey whereas for executive package, the wood trim is dark brown.

Last edited by AndyL; 08-25-14 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-27-14, 03:05 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Pay no attention to the online configuration tool. It does not reflect all available builds and options. Back when I bought my IS, it said my particular configuration was not available either.
Lexus Canada and Lexus US online configurations tool are different.

Canada's tool it a a lot more if not reliable compared to the US one.
Old 08-27-14, 03:11 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AndyL
IMO, Lexus US and Lexus Canada have a different marketing strategy in their mind --- try to limit the price ceiling to make their vehicles competitive and a better deal than the European car manufacturers (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc). So they give up some really nice features as part of the process, unfortunately. Lexus in NA don't get the idea that more choices make the vehicles look more premium -- it is the perception.

Look at some discussion in this forum where some members like the flexibility of features in other European car makers and perceive them as more luxurious brands despite their lineup have pretty affordable to ultra luxury models (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc)

This is their business model and I can't comment. However, there is one thing Lexus Canada could improve --- at least they could make the information more transparent. For example, it is impossible to tell from their web site or the car brochure that wood trim is different for different package of the same exterior colour. For regular 2014 IS with atomic silver exterior, if you get a luxury package, the wood trim is dark grey whereas for executive package, the wood trim is dark brown.
I did notice something different recently on Lexus's Canada's website. They now have Chinese version of the site which the user can select on the bottom right hand corner. The reason for this addition is because of the majority who purchase in Canada are Chinese. Something the US website should consider to follow suit as well.

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en
Old 08-28-14, 05:33 AM
yycdave
Driver

I wouldn't say the majority in Canada are Chinese that purchase a Lexus...maybe in Vancouver and Markham. Definitely a significant number, though.

Also:
I had to order in (from another lot in the country) a fully loaded 2014 IS AWD F-Sport Executive w/ black interior. All they had was red. They tried to push them really hard, but I just didn't want it.
Old 08-28-14, 07:28 AM
Jagstyles
Rookie

Spoke with my dealership and they confirmed that the F-Sport Series 3 Package in Canada which is the same as the 2014 F-Sport Executive Package is in fact available in black nuluxe interior. This is the one they have ordered for me in Atomic Silver.

I presume the Atomic silver in F-Sport Series 3 comes with the Carbon Fibre trim inside?
Old 08-28-14, 12:30 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yycdave
I wouldn't say the majority in Canada are Chinese that purchase a Lexus...maybe in Vancouver and Markham. Definitely a significant number, though.
Definitely GVA as I was talking to the sales person a mentioned. Also seeing Chinese customers waking around looking at the cars when I am there.