IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-Sport Performance Exhaust (Lexus factory upgrade)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-14, 03:05 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Performance Exhaust (Lexus factory upgrade)?

Hello, does anyone know anything about or have any experience with the "F-Sport Performance Exhaust" upgrade for the Lexus IS? I ordered a custom build 2015 IS350 AWD F-Sport, and though I didn't ask for it, the salesperson took it upon himself to add this to my car build because he thought "I might want it"!? I checked it out online, and it's a $1470(!) upgrade - here's what it says on their website (it's described on this webpage, at the very bottom: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories ):

"Turn even more heads with the throaty (but street legal) growl exiting the double-wall tips of the F SPORT performance exhaust. Made from stainless steel polished to a brilliant shine, the exhaust offers superior corrosion resistance. It delivers less back pressure for added low- to mid-range torque, boosting acceleration without affecting emissions compliance. The F SPORT performance exhaust replaces the stock assembly from the axle rearward, using the vehicle’s original hangers and pipe connections."

...a friend I mentioned this to said that it's likely to just make the engine sound cooler, but not really provide much performance/torque boost (despite what Lexus claims) - does anyone have any experience with this particular Lexus factory performance exhaust upgrade? Is it really worth $1470?? ANY help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!!
Old 07-18-14, 05:18 AM
Jack1995
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 250 has the F-Sport exhaust.

First off it's an axle back so you are not going to have a huge gain. But from my experience, the exhaust does give the car a LITTLE more torque at around 3000 to 4000 rpm.

Regarding to the sound, the F-Sport is probably my favorite axleback exhaust IMO. Its got that deep solid sound when the car takes off, and when cruising on the free way you and barly notice the noise.

Lastly, if you are going to purchase the F-Sport exhaust, order it online from Sewell Lexus, remember to register your ClubLexus account to get a discount. I baught mine for about $1100

Hope it helps
The following users liked this post:
TOPENDMS (09-17-18)
Old 07-18-14, 05:22 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

JoeZ axle back is $600 and a little louder if you want it more aggressive. Axle back gains are 5-6 rwhp usually
Old 07-18-14, 05:48 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I had it on my car and have multiple videos uploaded on my YouTube channel CivicKid21@gmail.com so feel free to view them or even search the forums for the thread containing the videos. Is it pricey yes, does it make a difference IMO yes and looks and sounds better/louder then JoeZ axleback and those local guys here on the forums can tell you my F Sport was louder then JoeZ. Agreed don't get it from the dealer and get it online even eBay has them for $990+ shipped
Old 07-18-14, 09:51 PM
forum429
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Invidia axle back exhaust is also around 600.
It costs less than F-sport and serve the same purpose.
Many F-Sport exhaust owners complain the exhaust makes a barely louder sound.
Old 07-19-14, 03:08 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Thanks guys, looks like I'll just go with aftermarket if I decide on this upgrade later on! For now, I'll opt out of it from Lexus directly since they overcharge for it (especially since I didn't even ask for it in the first place!)...
Old 07-24-14, 08:47 AM
OrionLex
Driver

...looks like Lexus is offering a few other options for 2015 IS F-Sport:

F-Sport - PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE
Wield more horsepower with an F SPORT performance air intake that draws cooler, denser air from near the headlights. The kit replaces the upper half of the Lexus filter enclosure with a custom intake that generates a throatier sound and a small increase in rear-wheel horsepower. The filter assembly feeds the engine throttle body through a polished, clear-coated aluminum tube displaying a machined-aluminum F SPORT logo. The high-flow, low-restriction air filter can be cleaned and reused for the life of the vehicle. The entire F SPORT-engineered assembly is compatible with stock engine controls and, unlike many performance intakes, meets California Air Resources Board requirements, making it emissions-legal in all 50 states.

F-Sport - SHOCK ABSORBERS
Craving more road feel? Developed in cooperation with Bilstein®, the F SPORT shock absorbers provide a tuned package built specifically for this vehicle. Ride quality becomes slightly firmer than stock while providing optimum balance and control. Bilstein®'s proprietary monotube high-pressure nitrogen gas system offers consistent damping action even in demanding driving conditions.

...as well as a couple options for 19" alloy wheels (for RWD), etc. You can see them all here: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport Performance Exhaust (Lexus factory upgrade)?-2015-lexus-is-performance-exhaust-f-sport-accessories-287x215.jpg   F-Sport Performance Exhaust (Lexus factory upgrade)?-2015-lexus-is-performance-air-intake-f-sport-accessories-287x215.jpg   F-Sport Performance Exhaust (Lexus factory upgrade)?-2015-lexus-is-shock-absorbers-f-sport-accessories-287x215-acc143.jpg   F-Sport Performance Exhaust (Lexus factory upgrade)?-2015-lexus-is-19-in-forged-alloy-wheels-f-sport-accessories-287x215.jpg   F-Sport Performance Exhaust (Lexus factory upgrade)?-2015-lexus-is-19-in-full-face-forged-alloy-wheels-f-sport-accessories-287x215.jpg  

Last edited by OrionLex; 07-24-14 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-24-14, 11:16 AM
Hermes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OrionLex
...looks like Lexus is offering a few other options for 2015 IS F-Sport:

F-Sport - PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE
Wield more horsepower with an F SPORT performance air intake that draws cooler, denser air from near the headlights. The kit replaces the upper half of the Lexus filter enclosure with a custom intake that generates a throatier sound and a small increase in rear-wheel horsepower. The filter assembly feeds the engine throttle body through a polished, clear-coated aluminum tube displaying a machined-aluminum F SPORT logo. The high-flow, low-restriction air filter can be cleaned and reused for the life of the vehicle. The entire F SPORT-engineered assembly is compatible with stock engine controls and, unlike many performance intakes, meets California Air Resources Board requirements, making it emissions-legal in all 50 states.

F-Sport - SHOCK ABSORBERS
Craving more road feel? Developed in cooperation with Bilstein®, the F SPORT shock absorbers provide a tuned package built specifically for this vehicle. Ride quality becomes slightly firmer than stock while providing optimum balance and control. Bilstein®'s proprietary monotube high-pressure nitrogen gas system offers consistent damping action even in demanding driving conditions.

...as well as a couple options for 19" alloy wheels (for RWD), etc. You can see them all here: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories

Can this intake be used on the 2014's? Any idea when it will come out?
Old 07-24-14, 11:39 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All these exhaust sounds are too confusing. Idk who to believe, which video to believe, etc, etc. I would need to hear it in person lol.
The following users liked this post:
fullstack (09-21-20)
Old 06-25-15, 07:12 PM
3ISwhiterw
Driver School Candidate

Can you send out the link again please? tried to find your channel on youtube, got nothing
Old 06-30-15, 05:14 PM
nslac
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hermes
Can this intake be used on the 2014's? Any idea when it will come out?
I was having a chat with my dealer few weeks ago and he mentioned the intake was compatible with both 2014/2015 models.

Apparently the induction noise generator is removed when the intake is installed.
Old 06-30-15, 05:30 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nslac
I was having a chat with my dealer few weeks ago and he mentioned the intake was compatible with both 2014/2015 models.

Apparently the induction noise generator is removed when the intake is installed.
Yep, the sound generator is attached to the intake, so if you change to the F-Sport intake, you might notice a reduction in engine sound.
Old 09-28-18, 08:11 PM
MaddMaxx0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OrionLex
Hello, does anyone know anything about or have any experience with the "F-Sport Performance Exhaust" upgrade for the Lexus IS? I ordered a custom build 2015 IS350 AWD F-Sport, and though I didn't ask for it, the salesperson took it upon himself to add this to my car build because he thought "I might want it"!? I checked it out online, and it's a $1470(!) upgrade - here's what it says on their website (it's described on this webpage, at the very bottom: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories ):

"Turn even more heads with the throaty (but street legal) growl exiting the double-wall tips of the F SPORT performance exhaust. Made from stainless steel polished to a brilliant shine, the exhaust offers superior corrosion resistance. It delivers less back pressure for added low- to mid-range torque, boosting acceleration without affecting emissions compliance. The F SPORT performance exhaust replaces the stock assembly from the axle rearward, using the vehicle’s original hangers and pipe connections."

...a friend I mentioned this to said that it's likely to just make the engine sound cooler, but not really provide much performance/torque boost (despite what Lexus claims) - does anyone have any experience with this particular Lexus factory performance exhaust upgrade? Is it really worth $1470?? ANY help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!!
Hey OrionLex,

I happen to be blessed enough ( 7 years ago! ) to have purchased EVERY F Sport option EXCEPT the under body chassis brace and racing clutch! The (Lexus ) Exhaust AND ( Lexus) Air Intake , are meant to be together IMO! Supposedly the Air Intake adds 3% more HP, and so does the Exhaust! So, I'm guessing I'm only at 225 HP versus the stock 204! Which compared to everyone else out there, I'm still WEAK as hell, BUT my ( 2008 ) IS 250 STILL turns heads and I get people in WAY better cars handing me compliments! The exhaust makes the car sound SO AWESOME! One of my friends described it as, it sounds like I have " Headers " on it!

SO, I hope that helps you. I hope the installers installed yours with the ( SWEET Chrome Tips) sticking out a few inches so everyone can see them! They are gorgeous and I ALWAYS clean them off with water and SOFT sponge NO scour pads PLEASE! or you'll ruin that SHINY shine shine like on those motorcycle hogs riding around! Bug & tar remover, wash dry, chrome polish,, let dry,, wipe, repeat once more more good measure = Pure Awesomeness!

Oh, and that entire exhaust is STAINLESS steel pipes and all from ( AFTER) the resonator ! So you and I will never have ghetto muffler issues !
Old 09-29-18, 04:26 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Over 3 years ago...
Old 09-29-18, 05:37 AM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

honestly the f sport exhaust for the 3rd gen IS is very quiet and barely noticeable.. on the 2nd gen it was loud because the 2nd gen had a Y pipe vs the 3rd gen having a true dual exhaust. it’s not worth it imo if ur spending that much get a apexi axleback for the same price

Quick Reply: F-Sport Performance Exhaust (Lexus factory upgrade)?