IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??

Old 07-26-14, 01:33 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did they increase the screen size from 7 to 8" or was that just a typo?
Old 07-26-14, 06:57 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
Interesting.... somehow my sales person told me today as I put down my deposit that the 2015 IS will have the mouse pad instead of the current style..... confused...??
Well, if your consultant is telling you it will have the Remote Touch Interface....he/she is ill informed.

Originally Posted by wednesday
You guys are getting your inventory nearly a month before I am told they will be available here on the east coast, is this normal or do you think my dealer is misinformed? I would love to see some photos of it out in the sunlight. Also if any of your '15's came with the rear lip spoiler I would like to see some good shots of that. Thanks!!
Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Thank for your post and the first glimpses of an ACTUAL 2015 model. Congrats on the new ride!

Do you have the Mark Levinson (ML) speaker option on the car? Didn't the power/volume and tuning ***** used to be white? That was one way we could distinguish the cars with the option or not.

Appreciate any followup you can provide. All the best.

~ Im2bz2p345
I'll get more photos if the vehicle isn't sold by this weekend. This one is not equipped with ML. The "white" ***** are the ML equipped cars. None of the cars have the rear spoiler yet. I had my parts guy check and it doesn't exist in the system. All 2015 F Sport models will come with a 'F SPORT' emblem on the left side of the trunk.

Originally Posted by SlangBlade
From the looks of it, that's Longo Lexus, and they do huge volume - that may be part of it?
Correct, Longo Lexus. We have quite a few '15's in stock already.

Originally Posted by tea
did they increase the screen size from 7 to 8" or was that just a typo?
Screen size remains the same.
Old 07-26-14, 07:57 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
So we just got our first 2015 in Atomic Silver and Stratus Gray. The center stack is now a matte finish and the buttons are more flat. The power/volume and tuning ***** are different too.

The matte gray finish on the console looks much nicer and more durable than the black finish in the 2014 model. Also, the buttons are more attractive. Nice upgrade!
Old 07-26-14, 08:24 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
The matte gray finish on the console looks much nicer and more durable than the black finish in the 2014 model. Also, the buttons are more attractive. Nice upgrade!
i'm gonna have to disagree. This matte finish makes it look pretty rough and not smooth and soft to touch or press. Maybe it'll look better in person for me
Old 07-26-14, 09:15 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

the remote touch button is different, its concave instead of convex
Old 07-27-14, 03:00 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Went to another Lexus dealer today and took some shots. Note how much dirtier Obsidian looks exposed to the same dirt as AS in the last two shots.
Attached Thumbnails Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-is_as1.jpg   Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-is_as2.jpg   Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-is_as3.jpg   Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-as_is4.jpg   Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??-is_obsidian1.jpg  

Old 07-27-14, 03:59 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I guess that is one thing to be happy about not getting USB, AS should be much easier to maintain and keep looking nice. USB is nowhere as bad as black but still requires some work. AS is looking really good in these photos!
Old 07-27-14, 04:20 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there now a gap in the front faring? On the far side below the fake air vent?
Old 07-27-14, 08:52 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
i'm gonna have to disagree. This matte finish makes it look pretty rough and not smooth and soft to touch or press. Maybe it'll look better in person for me
I agree on that! Not a big fan of the new shape of the remote puck either.. but hopefully the new material means less scratches showing up.
Old 07-29-14, 07:03 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Pocky, is the dead pedal on the '15 aluminum? In photos I have seen of the '14's it appears to be just black plastic (I forgot to look when I was at the dealer.) My 2IS F Sport has an aluminum dead pedal. I know it is a silly thing to worry about but it looks better with the aluminum.
Old 08-01-14, 07:31 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlangBlade
Seriously... I'm considering just putting an order in for mine now.. If I'm going to have to wait, maybe I can at least get what I want like Adaptive Cruise Control, and maybe VGRS too?
Are you planning on getting a RWD model then? VGRS is only available on the IS350 RWD F-Sport model for some reason (I ordered an AWD one, so it wasn't an option for me)...
Old 08-01-14, 07:40 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
So we just got our first 2015 in Atomic Silver and Stratus Gray. The center stack is now a matte finish and the buttons are more flat. The power/volume and tuning ***** are different too.

Thanks for posting these pictures!! I've become quite excited about getting Atomic Silver over the past few weeks, and your pics are making me even more impatient...

Appreciate the tidbit about the change to matte surfacing as well - I actually prefer this since it'll be more sturdy to wear, as well as dust showing up!

So it looks like the ***** are now silver instead of black metal on the non-ML stereos, but any idea what the Mark Levinson ***** are like for 2015 (they were white rubber for 2014, I believe)?

Thanks again for these pics of 2015 IS models out in the wild!!
Old 08-01-14, 07:51 AM
OrionLex
Driver

My salesperson just told me that there is no Atomic Silver & Rioja Red combination available........
WTH!?
Interesting.... somehow my sales person told me today as I put down my deposit that the 2015 IS will have the mouse pad instead of the current style..... confused...??
Your salesperson sounds rather clueless (even though you mentioned he's a nice guy!) - as you found out later already, Atomic Silver absolutely is available with Rioja Red (it's what I ordered)!

And aside from the indisputable evidence that "pocky" posted here of ACTUAL pics of 2015 IS cars, you can see the joystick controller in several pics in the 2015 brochure as well:

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...S-Brochure.pdf

...actually, now that I'm taking another look in the brochure, it looks like the Mark Levinson stereo ***** appear more gray-ish vs. the white ***** from last year - can anyone confirm??
Old 08-01-14, 07:53 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by wednesday
Pocky, is the dead pedal on the '15 aluminum? In photos I have seen of the '14's it appears to be just black plastic (I forgot to look when I was at the dealer.) My 2IS F Sport has an aluminum dead pedal. I know it is a silly thing to worry about but it looks better with the aluminum.
I would actually like to know this as well - I think an aluminum dead pedal would look really nice! Does anyone know?
Old 08-01-14, 08:08 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OrionLex
Thanks for posting these pictures!! I've become quite excited about getting Atomic Silver over the past few weeks, and your pics are making me even more impatient...

Appreciate the tidbit about the change to matte surfacing as well - I actually prefer this since it'll be more sturdy to wear, as well as dust showing up!

So it looks like the ***** are now silver instead of black metal on the non-ML stereos, but any idea what the Mark Levinson ***** are like for 2015 (they were white rubber for 2014, I believe)?

Thanks again for these pics of 2015 IS models out in the wild!!
Make sure you watch this video posted earlier by Nytefury! I watch it daily!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8639237-post80.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Silver Lining Metallic vs. Atomic Silver??