IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Papa Just got an IS 350 F Sport Ultra White!!

Old 07-07-14, 02:34 AM
Altezza_IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Papa Just got an IS 350 F Sport Ultra White!!

Hey Everyone ! Jus wanted to introduce myself as I just got the IS 350 F Sport! This car is just complete perfection! I LOVE this amazing style Lexus is doing. I'm a big car enthusiast and this IS is just amazing and by far the best in this class! I LOVE IT! Looking forward to talking to all you proud owners on here. I'm a big newbie/rookie when it comes to forums. I got on here back in 2008 when I got an 08 Is 250 and rarely used the forum. I hope I get to know all you guys on here, get creative and do some amazing things to my new baby!!

-Kash
Old 07-07-14, 03:12 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Altezza_IS
Hey Everyone ! Jus wanted to introduce myself as I just got the IS 350 F Sport! This car is just complete perfection! I LOVE this amazing style Lexus is doing. I'm a big car enthusiast and this IS is just amazing and by far the best in this class! I LOVE IT! Looking forward to talking to all you proud owners on here. I'm a big newbie/rookie when it comes to forums. I got on here back in 2008 when I got an 08 Is 250 and rarely used the forum. I hope I get to know all you guys on here, get creative and do some amazing things to my new baby!!

-Kash

Hi welcome!!!

What color interior did you get?

I myself just traded my 2014 IS250 black/red fsport for IS350 fsport ultra white/red. Got tired of the weekly upkeep on the black car plus if I look at it sideways it would scratch.

Congrats!!!
Old 07-07-14, 03:38 AM
Altezza_IS
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks!

Thanks for the welcome! I got the Ultra white/Red interior and it's one of the best combos out there! I love the red interior I enjoy every second of driving in this IS and I hope you do. I have absolutely no buyers remorse! I'm thinking about getting the roof wrapped in black or carbon fiber. Not sure yet, any suggestions or pics out there?
Old 07-07-14, 04:58 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Thanks for the welcome! I got the Ultra white/Red interior and it's one of the best combos out there! I love the red interior I enjoy every second of driving in this IS and I hope you do. I have absolutely no buyers remorse! I'm thinking about getting the roof wrapped in black or carbon fiber. Not sure yet, any suggestions or pics out there?
Coming from a 2014 is250 fsport I notice a huge difference in the handling of the 350 and the ride. Car feels heavier (which it is). It is definitely more responsive when I put my pedal to the metal and the shifting the transmission is definitely different and better from the 250. Can't wait to get it in the canyons here in Los Angeles and have done fun!! I've seen pictures of others with the ultra white that have wrapped the roof it's not something that I would particularly do but I will be tinting my windows at 20% in the next few days when I do that and I' will post some pics
Old 07-07-14, 10:48 AM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Welcome! I've enjoyed my white/red since March!

First service tomorrow!
Old 07-07-14, 10:53 AM
NebulaIS
Rookie

Congrats! Who's Papa??
Old 07-07-14, 03:24 PM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow2112
Welcome! I've enjoyed my white/red since March!

First service tomorrow!
I went for my first service today and received a complementary breakfast.
The buzzard beeped just as I was done the last bite on my B.E.L.T sandwich.

White/Red Club here aswell!
Old 07-07-14, 03:42 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

UW/RR is too boss man. Everyone is liking it.
Old 07-07-14, 06:19 PM
Altezza_IS
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, the transmission on the Is 350 is an 8 speed transmission from the GS 350, so definitely should be a huge upgrade from the is 250. I was originally looking at an IS 250, but after doing some research and test driving the 2 I knew I had to get the IS 350! Wish we had awesome roads in texas to drive on like u have it out there in CALI!! Sooo Lucky!
Old 07-07-14, 06:20 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

the 8 speed is actually from the ISF which was derived from LS460. It later came out afterwards on 2014 IS then on the 2014 GS

http://youwheel.com/2014/04/29/lates...t-aisin-aa80e/
Old 07-07-14, 06:26 PM
Altezza_IS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Coming from a 2014 is250 fsport I notice a huge difference in the handling of the 350 and the ride. Car feels heavier (which it is). It is definitely more responsive when I put my pedal to the metal and the shifting the transmission is definitely different and better from the 250. Can't wait to get it in the canyons here in Los Angeles and have done fun!! I've seen pictures of others with the ultra white that have wrapped the roof it's not something that I would particularly do but I will be tinting my windows at 20% in the next few days when I do that and I' will post some pics
I test drove the is 250 and is 350, they both handle amazing but your right the 350 is a little heavier and of course has more of an intense response when you hit the pedal! The IS 350 has an 8 speed transmission (same one in the GS 350). This same transmission is also found in the Is-F. So, i think its sweet that the 3rd generation Is 350 has the IS-F's transmission as well. You are so lucky to be in Cali and hit those awesome roads out there!!! Im in Texas and all we have are 6 lane concrete highways!!! wish i could take my lexus to Cali and drive it out there on those roads!
Old 07-07-14, 06:30 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

I test drove the is 250 and is 350, they both handle amazing but your right the 350 is a little heavier and of course has more of an intense response when you hit the pedal! The IS 350 has an 8 speed transmission (same one in the GS 350). This same transmission is also found in the Is-F. So, i think its sweet that the 3rd generation Is 350 has the IS-F's transmission as well. You are so lucky to be in Cali and hit those awesome roads out there!!! Im in Texas and all we have are 6 lane concrete highways!!! wish i could take my lexus to Cali and drive it out there on those roads!
Yes it is fun. I tend to drive slot of freeway and canyons. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet probably won't be till another two weeks before I can get out to my canyons to have some fun

This Saturday my detailer is coming to put a glass coating on it which means I can't drive it till that cures for 12 to 15 hours after he applies it. That's going to have to wait till the weekend of the 18th for me to play around in the canyons out here but I'll definitely be able to see the difference when I drive to work on the freeways
Old 07-07-14, 07:45 PM
Altezza_IS
Driver School Candidate

<<<@!1!@>>>

Lol @ who's papa. - I was referring to the song by James brown "papa's got a brand new bag"

Old 07-13-14, 06:55 AM
onthelimit
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on the purchase! Post pics when you can. As a fellow TX resident, I totally agree with your point about not having enough good back roads to really bring out the potential of the IS.
Old 07-13-14, 07:17 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Here is a pic my detailer took after applying the glass coating to my UW/RR 350 yesterday. The coating is 22ple. My car will get shinier as the coating cures. Takes about 5 days to fully set. That's my detailer in the pic. He always takes shots like that to post to his facebook. He is Joe from Superior Shine here in Arcadia, CA
Attached Thumbnails Papa Just got an IS 350 F Sport Ultra White!!-image.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Papa Just got an IS 350 F Sport Ultra White!!