Aftermarket Spring Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-14, 08:27 PM
LEXUS1904
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket Spring Installation Question

Hello CL,

For everyone who has aftermarket springs. How was the installation? Was there any complitcations? I know in Sport + mode tightens up the suspension and i was wonder if theres something special i should look out for for installation. I just ordered a set of RSR Down springs and I'm just wondering whether to have the dealership infall them, a local shop, or doing it myself with some friends. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-23-14, 10:16 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Have a local shop install them and do an alignment. You shouldn't have any issues with springs.
Old 06-24-14, 11:16 AM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought this car had no camber control. What kind of alighnment do they do?
Old 06-24-14, 11:25 AM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS1904
Hello CL,

For everyone who has aftermarket springs. How was the installation? Was there any complitcations? I know in Sport + mode tightens up the suspension and i was wonder if theres something special i should look out for for installation. I just ordered a set of RSR Down springs and I'm just wondering whether to have the dealership infall them, a local shop, or doing it myself with some friends. Thanks in advance!
Installation is not that difficult, the front is identical to the 2is with a exception of a sway bar that you need to unbolt in order to drop the LCA. As for the rear, I believe it was 4 bolts that is connecting the LCA to the brake assembly that you will need to undo. You will also need a spring compressor.

Originally Posted by L0ngJ0hn
I thought this car had no camber control. What kind of alighnment do they do?
No adjustable camber kit on the car but they still can adjust the toe but I wouldn't do it right away, wait until the suspension settle to do the alignment.
Old 06-24-14, 11:48 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Silec
Installation is not that difficult, the front is identical to the 2is with a exception of a sway bar that you need to unbolt in order to drop the LCA. As for the rear, I believe it was 4 bolts that is connecting the LCA to the brake assembly that you will need to undo. You will also need a spring compressor.

No adjustable camber kit on the car but they still can adjust the toe but I wouldn't do it right away, wait until the suspension settle to do the alignment.
What Silec said. I waited about a week and a half for my suspension to settle. Camber will come close, but be out a .5 degree or so. Toe and thrust angle etc will have to be adjusted. As well, I believe that FIGS Engineering has some components for adjustment.

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...tegory&path=89

The Upper and Lower CA mounts look like you can gain a degree of adjust-ability. BUT, install for these looks to be a PITA and a press is a must. I had all these mounts in my VW. If I were to do my springs over.....I would have spent the extra coin for these items. Rethinking this when I do Coils.