IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

What knid of deals are people getting in chicago area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-14, 03:02 PM
HeMan26
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What knid of deals are people getting in chicago area?

Hi everyone. My first thread on this forum. I'm in the market for a new car and am definitely buying an IS250 AWD Fsport in UW. So far I have been to two dealerships. Brederman Lexus was only willing to take $1000 off MSRP. Arlington Lexus only had a Demo car in UW Fsport with 6000 miles and were offering $3000 off MSRP. For a Demo I think $3000 off is not enough since the car has miles. Anyone getting any good deals in chicago or is $1000 off MSRP the best a dealer can do?

I am really just trying to get this car at sticker price but with tax, title, and lic included. Is this a achievable price for a Lexus? My first new car I bought was a 2011 Toyota Camry and was able to get that below sticker price with ttl included. Also, my plan is to buy without a trade in.
Old 05-19-14, 05:17 PM
fiendskill
Rookie

I bought my is from bredeman, I feel like I shouldve went elsewhere but they we really close to my house and offered at least free washes and Saturday meals. But other then that I wasnt able budge on the price too. It was even the last day of the month and said the best they can do is 2k off MSRP but still paid 43k in the end (taxes and stuff) which to me im not happy about, but cant really do anything anymore.
So unless u really want the car from their go for it, but bredemann sucks at negotiating.
Arlington was better and offered me 4k below sticker and had same options I wanted, but they called and said it was sold earlier that day..
Mighy have better luck with McGrath, the person I was emailing seemed to be flexible with price but they had none of the options I wanted.
Old 05-20-14, 06:22 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With 2015s just around the corner you guys should be able to get better pricing on 2014s. Best pricing I've seen posted here are from CA dealers (up to ~$6k off MSRP) and my advice would be to do a special order with them and have it shipped for ~$800. Generally midwest car dealer don't want to deal on cars much. I don't think there is enough competition around them.

Just as reference I got $4250 off (w/ $750 LFS rebate) MSRP back in January from local dealer. First offer from this same dealer was $500 off MSRP but only when I told them about invoice offer from CA dealer and my plan to buy from them they decided to match. Good luck!

Last edited by SonyHome; 05-20-14 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-21-14, 07:46 AM
HeMan26
Rookie

Thanks for respond back fiendskill and sonyhome.

I'm working with a few dealers around the chicago land area, but many of the dealerships don't have one in their stock with Ultra White and Black interior. Also trying to see what the Costco auto program can offer me.

I contacted a few dealerships in CA to see what they can offer. If I can find a deal in CA where I can get sticker price OTD and including my shipping cost; then I will definitely purchase the car from CA.

I don't know why dealerships around chicago don't want to sell the car at a reasonable price. Especially since I will be spending money on services and accessories at their dealership. One of the dealers told me their finances are separated between service and sale; not sure if it's true.
Old 05-21-14, 04:01 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to read below post and other posts in that same thread. You should be able to get one from CA dealer for way under MSRP and maybe even way below invoice. You could end up paying invoice after you cover the shipping fee. Contact the CA dealers doing these deals. Also keep in mind if you want AWD, most likely you'll have to special order and wait for it to arrive from Japan since most if not all CA dealer cars will be RWD.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8542661-post906.html
Old 05-21-14, 05:41 PM
goshawk823
Rookie

I found the exact vehicle I was looking for at at dealership in Northern CA.

Shipping, I am told by my dealer here, would be $1500-$1800 from CA to VA.

I could not find a vehicle equipped as I wanted anywhere east of Arizona.
Old 05-22-14, 07:12 AM
HeMan26
Rookie

I contacted Krystal at Coliseum Lexus of Oakland yesterday. She said that I would have to register the car in CA and pay taxes and title. Not sure how the taxes work, but I know in Illinois if the car was purchased out of state then I would fill out a form with the bill of sale and pay the 7.25% in taxes. Will I be taxed twice if I buy the car in CA?