just arrived and.... "Pop up hood error"

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-14, 02:33 PM
sarrow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just arrived and.... "Pop up hood error"

Hi all, I'm new to the forum
Have been reading all of your threads since I ordered my IS 300h F-Sport (winter!).
After five months of waiting, the car is now at the dealer.
I went today to take a look and one thing is making me a little bit nervous...
The info screen said "Pop up hood error", I asked the salesman about it and said that the car needs preparation and be reset....
I want to believe it but my mind is taking my opinion that something triggered the pop up hood pedestrian protection... maybe a little hit? I don't know.... and maybe the salesman is being honest and it is normal.
The bumper is all ok, no signs of damage, (the car arrived yesterday and my girlfriend went to take a look). I'm thinking to go again tomorrow and be convinced about it, what I should ask and look for?.

Thank you, and greets from Spain
PD: I promise "decent" photos after delivery!
Old 05-08-14, 02:53 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Congrats..!!!! Love that combo ...

Your car has not gone through PDI "Pre Delivery Inspection"...

Lots of systems get programmed & initialized during PDI.

It should all be fine once it goes through that process.

~ Joe Z
Old 05-08-14, 02:55 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GREAT combo! Love the Color!
If the hood had poped up there would be a huge gap between the hood and the fenders. There are explosive devices that lift the hood.

Worst case, the hood was opened and some sensor that detect this has failed. Most likely, the car just needs to be programmed before delivery.
Old 05-08-14, 03:12 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea what to tell you about the error, but great color
Old 05-08-14, 10:16 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

¡bienvenido! benvingut!

¿de donde eres? no se ve muchos lexus aquí en catalunya, menos en el resto de españa.
Old 05-09-14, 03:48 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

looks like he doesn't have the led headlights...but does have fogs....I wonder if the fogs cost less from spain than what they charge here on the forum
Old 05-09-14, 07:12 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The pop up hood should be disabled during transport to avoid unintentional detonation. Don't worry about it.
Old 05-09-14, 07:23 AM
DJ90
Driver

Originally Posted by jhs82
The pop up hood should be disabled during transport to avoid unintentional detonation. Don't worry about it.
but would it be triggered when the car is not turned on during transport?
Old 05-09-14, 09:02 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The fog lights are standard in the EU, however, we do not get the option of LED headlights, not even on the fully loaded PREMIER model!
Old 05-09-14, 11:13 AM
sarrow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Congrats..!!!! Love that combo ...

Your car has not gone through PDI "Pre Delivery Inspection"...

Lots of systems get programmed & initialized during PDI.

It should all be fine once it goes through that process.

~ Joe Z
Thank you very much for your explanation! now I'm only counting the days to have it parked at home

Originally Posted by magne
GREAT combo! Love the Color!
If the hood had poped up there would be a huge gap between the hood and the fenders. There are explosive devices that lift the hood.

Worst case, the hood was opened and some sensor that detect this has failed. Most likely, the car just needs to be programmed before delivery.
Like Joe Z and you said... must be a common message before inspection at the dealer, thank you!

Originally Posted by elusive
I have no idea what to tell you about the error, but great color
I've never seen the USB (only in internet!) and here the IS is not popular, and all of them (3 or 4 since model launch) were in white. In Spain white is/have been "in style" last few years... very tired to see in white (although the IS F Sport in UW was my other alternative)

Originally Posted by davyjordi
¡bienvenido! benvingut!

¿de donde eres? no se ve muchos lexus aquí en catalunya, menos en el resto de españa.
translation ¿where a you from? there are not many lexus here in catanuya, and less in the rest of Spain.
"Hola!" I'm at the north, and here is very very rare to find any Lexus model, that's why when I see an IS...

Originally Posted by silvaIS
looks like he doesn't have the led headlights...but does have fogs....I wonder if the fogs cost less from spain than what they charge here on the forum
In Spain the F-Sport has no options.... we can only choose the colour . In the Fsport we get the Navi, partial leather and heated seats, HID, led foglights, sunroof, rear camera and front sensors. BUT: no tilt rearview-mirrors, no assistants (lane, etc.), no LED, etc. etc.

I'm happy because few weeks ago I saw in the Spanish Lexus web configurator they removed the "Premium Navigator", offering an "Lexus Navibox"... I don't know if it is related to the problems it's giving the original Navi I've reading these months.... I hope mine doesn't suffer any glitches

Originally Posted by jhs82
Thank you jhs82!

Originally Posted by rayaans
The fog lights are standard in the EU, however, we do not get the option of LED headlights, not even on the fully loaded PREMIER model!
Lexus has a "particular" focus depending the market where they sell their vehicles... No options compared to germans brands like BMW, Audi or Mercedes makes a huge difference. In an Audi is really easy to spend thousand of $ (€) "here and there"

Thank you very much for all the replies. This forum is a great place and a must for every Lexus owner no matter where we live.
Old 05-09-14, 11:43 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Yes, once they are done with PDI... All will be normal..

Love the LED Fogs

Originally Posted by silvaIS
All you have to do is calculate the cost they pay in Spain .. ( In EUROS I say more)

The cost to get them here in the USA, is the simple calculation from JPY to USD..
Plus shipping to the mainland.

Not that bad when you want factory OEM parts ..

~ Joe Z
Old 05-09-14, 01:11 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ90
but would it be triggered when the car is not turned on during transport?
It shouldn't, but better safe than sorry, right?
Old 05-09-14, 09:06 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rayaans
Depends on where you live in the EU. All countries have different options.
We have five different grades on the IS in scandinavia.
The three top models all have LED as standard. The second cheapest can be fitted with LED as an extra option. So the only version not getting LED is the cheapest bone stock version.

LEd fog lights are standard on the F-sport. Normal fog lights are standrad on all other models, except for the cheapest version. Again, this version does not get anything.
Old 05-09-14, 09:49 PM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

so can you European guys find out for us, how much we can get the fog lights for.....as friendly club lexus people maybe you can buy them for us
Old 05-10-14, 06:17 AM
magne
Lead Lap

I can check here in Norway, but I mostly order all car parts from UK and US, becuase of very expensive prices on cars and parts in my country.

I believe that ordering that parts directly from japan would be the cheapest option. After all, if you order parts from EU to US, you first have to pay for shipping from Japan to EU, then from EU to US. And there are probably som dealer in the EU where you buy these parts that want to make some money in the process.

Quick Reply: just arrived and.... "Pop up hood error"