IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

previous G37 Coupe Owners ...Audio question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-14, 02:28 PM
djsohott
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default previous G37 Coupe Owners ...Audio question?

Hello...thinking of leasing an IS350 F Sport without the ML audio. I currently turning in my 09 G37 coupe and the Bose system was pretty decent. Can any previous infiniti owners give me info if the stock radio is decent in the is350?

Thanks!
Old 04-12-14, 06:20 PM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a G35 with the studio on wheels. I wasn't impressed with the ML. After a bit more time, and using USB, I find it a touch more "full" sounding, a touch more crisp, but less punch. Its decent, but when you think of the specs, it was a bit of a let down.
Old 04-12-14, 07:45 PM
amoney805
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The g37 Bose system was decent but I didn't like having the bass coming from the front since the sub's were in the doors. That being said I think the Bose system was better since the Lexus stock system distorts under the slightest inclination of bass.
Old 04-13-14, 05:30 AM
djsohott
Driver School Candidate

I think I am NOT getting the ML with the info I have gathered. I don't think it will be worth the extra money. Time will tell.
Old 04-13-14, 05:41 AM
clew84
Driver School Candidate

I have ridden in a friend's G with the Bose system and it was very good. Having owned the IS 350 F Sport for a week and half and living with the stock audio system, I have been very happy with it. I used to be big into home audio/theater so I used to be pretty picky about sound. I have not heard the ML system but I wasn't in a position to wait months to order one with it as it appears that dealers in my area don't carry a lot of F Sports to begin with, much less any with the ML.

I think the sound is good, certainly better than many other stock radios out there and, IMO, better than the HK sound system in BMWs. It could probably use a bit more power but that's at the extremes. The mids aren't as clear as I'd like but then again I am riding in a car - not sitting in a quiet room with acoustic treatments. You have road noise, engine noise (awesome), fan noise, etc., that interferes with the listening experience anyway.

I'd be interested to see if anyone has just replaced the amp but I know I probably won't go that route. I am happy with it mostly.
Old 04-13-14, 05:14 PM
djsohott
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by clew84
I have ridden in a friend's G with the Bose system and it was very good. Having owned the IS 350 F Sport for a week and half and living with the stock audio system, I have been very happy with it. I used to be big into home audio/theater so I used to be pretty picky about sound. I have not heard the ML system but I wasn't in a position to wait months to order one with it as it appears that dealers in my area don't carry a lot of F Sports to begin with, much less any with the ML.

I think the sound is good, certainly better than many other stock radios out there and, IMO, better than the HK sound system in BMWs. It could probably use a bit more power but that's at the extremes. The mids aren't as clear as I'd like but then again I am riding in a car - not sitting in a quiet room with acoustic treatments. You have road noise, engine noise (awesome), fan noise, etc., that interferes with the listening experience anyway.

I'd be interested to see if anyone has just replaced the amp but I know I probably won't go that route. I am happy with it mostly.
I appreciate the feedback. I do not want to wait months either just to get the ML audio. I do not think it is worth the wait. I was very happy with the Bose in my infiniti and hoping I will be with the stock on a day to day basis.
Old 04-13-14, 08:38 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

With the high background noise in the IS, there is little value in spending big $ on the ML just as on the RX. The ML makes a difference in the LS and the ES because they are so quiet. I don't do high volumes, so I have never found any real distortions in the ML system.
Steve
Old 04-14-14, 10:21 AM
djsohott
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldcajun
With the high background noise in the IS, there is little value in spending big $ on the ML just as on the RX. The ML makes a difference in the LS and the ES because they are so quiet. I don't do high volumes, so I have never found any real distortions in the ML system.
Steve
Good to know! Thanks for the input.
Old 04-14-14, 10:58 AM
viNz86
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not really into audio/video but I think the stock audio system would benefit with rear speakers on the shelf instead of the rear passenger doors.

Hoping I can add speakers to the rear shelf down the road somehow.
Old 04-14-14, 08:27 PM
huudoo
Driver School Candidate

is250 f sport mine has the stock system and I am very pleased with it....