IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Room Issue / Accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-14, 10:22 PM
Helterran
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Room Issue / Accessories?

So previous I drive an 2005 Honda Accord.. The room is much bigger than my 2014 Lexus IS 350 F Sport..

Do you have any solutions / tricks for storing things in the car?
such as

1. Sunglasses
2. Tissues (yes I mean box of tissues, sometimes i have bad allergy and just need something to wipe)
3. CDs / DVDs (yes I have MP3, but sometime do still use cds)
4. Discount cards (such as random reward cards for stores, milk tea places etc..)
5. Cell Phone holder? (clipper on ac? i don't know)
6. Tiny Trash Bins?

I know one of my friends has this magnetic tissue box that sticks on top of the cabinet of the car....
Old 04-14-14, 05:09 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

why not rip the CDs into 312 kbps bitrate and play it off USB. What I noticed about the CD system is it was really slow to access songs, my 2IS was faster, but the USB port in the 3IS was just as fast. Buy a stubby 32gband go to town on songs instead of trying to find places to store bulky CDs
Old 04-14-14, 06:28 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Sunglasses
a) sunglass visor clip; b) mechanics nonslip mat placed on left driver dash vent; c) in center console
2. Tissues
a) travel size tissues in small water cubby area on driver door panel; b) in center console; with more tissues in glove box
3. CDs / DVDs
Get with the times, rip it to usb
4. Discount cards
Isn't that what the wallet is for? If not put it in a spare wallet or rubberband all your cards and put it in glovebox/center console
The driver door handle or cup holders
6. Tiny Trash Bins?
Plastic bag in larger cubby area in left driver door panel
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-15-14, 11:03 AM
Appleman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For #4 there is a slot in the sun visor.
Old 04-15-14, 11:15 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I don't know why Lexus cannot put sunglasses holder where it's SOS button now? SOS button should be next to moon roof buttons, there's an empty spot. It was like this on 2IS never models 2012-2013.

Old 04-15-14, 06:59 PM
Helterran
Driver

let me see what i can do............... =(
Old 04-15-14, 10:29 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Helterran
So previous I drive an 2005 Honda Accord.. The room is much bigger than my 2014 Lexus IS 350 F Sport..

Do you have any solutions / tricks for storing things in the car?
such as

1. Sunglasses
2. Tissues (yes I mean box of tissues, sometimes i have bad allergy and just need something to wipe)
3. CDs / DVDs (yes I have MP3, but sometime do still use cds)
4. Discount cards (such as random reward cards for stores, milk tea places etc..)
6. Tiny Trash Bins?

I know one of my friends has this magnetic tissue box that sticks on top of the cabinet of the car....
Seems like you carry tons of stuffs with you all the time. Maybe RX or GX will be a good choice next time you're buying a lexus. It has plenty of space. Anyway, since you drive a 3IS, here's what I would suggest:
1. Carry it in your tote bag. It will prevent scratches as well. And leaving sunglass in the car is not good for it either (espc when you park it outside). I def wont leave my Gucci inside a car.
2. I have tissue box on the passenger seat. Nobody is sitting there anyway. If someone is there, put it under front passenger seat. Easy reach!
3. Start using Pandora/satellite radio/iHeartRadio. You have spent all this money to buy 3IS, use the technology it comes with. It will save up tons of space too.
4. Discount cards: pick one/two of your fave store, put it in your wallet. or better yet, find a good credit card that gives you tons of reward. It's better than carrying tons of "discount" cards.
5. Cell phone: put it in your bag/center console storage. No texting and driving. Plus your car comes with voice recognition if you need to make a hands-free call.
6. Back seat will be good. Or better yet, don't put any trash bin in your car. Means, you can't bring any dirty stuffs in your 3IS (keep your car clean)
Old 04-16-14, 09:03 PM
Helterran
Driver

Originally Posted by smardav
Seems like you carry tons of stuffs with you all the time. Maybe RX or GX will be a good choice next time you're buying a lexus. It has plenty of space. Anyway, since you drive a 3IS, here's what I would suggest:
1. Carry it in your tote bag. It will prevent scratches as well. And leaving sunglass in the car is not good for it either (espc when you park it outside). I def wont leave my Gucci inside a car.
2. I have tissue box on the passenger seat. Nobody is sitting there anyway. If someone is there, put it under front passenger seat. Easy reach!
3. Start using Pandora/satellite radio/iHeartRadio. You have spent all this money to buy 3IS, use the technology it comes with. It will save up tons of space too.
4. Discount cards: pick one/two of your fave store, put it in your wallet. or better yet, find a good credit card that gives you tons of reward. It's better than carrying tons of "discount" cards.
5. Cell phone: put it in your bag/center console storage. No texting and driving. Plus your car comes with voice recognition if you need to make a hands-free call.
6. Back seat will be good. Or better yet, don't put any trash bin in your car. Means, you can't bring any dirty stuffs in your 3IS (keep your car clean)
I carry bow / arrow sometimes, i needed tissue for my nose (stupid TX allergy sucks), I don't really wear sun glasses, but i am making comparison between my previous Honda Accord 2005 vs my current new car.......... its a lot smaller.....