ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Questions to (the few) UltraSonic Blue Mica owners (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/737732-questions-to-the-few-ultrasonic-blue-mica-owners.html)

smardav 04-13-14 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kimchiguy (Post 8482765)

Thanks for the tip!! I often see that film that is left behind but never really gave it much thought until now. I'll pick up some of that detailer. I live in a condo with a parking garage so no hand washing is allowed. Plus, most coin operated washes around here don't allow bucket washing. Makes it difficult to give your car the attention it deserves!

I feel you. But try to find a coin car wash at less popular neighborhood. I found one in a slightly ghetto area. Its not packed and I can handwash my car there. Tho I always have to be on the lookout and only wash my car in bright daylight. And bring no cash, just driver license. Lol. Its worth the extra troubles

bradtopp 04-13-14 09:19 AM

I do something similar. I don't have a heated garage so in the wintertime I hand wash mine at a local car wash very early in the morning. The owners of the car wash (it is heated) don't care as long as no one is waiting behind me. Early in the morning I am always the only one there. It is a pain in the butt to wake up early to wash the car but it's worth it :D

Originally Posted by smardav (Post 8482806)
I feel you. But try to find a coin car wash at less popular neighborhood. I found one in a slightly ghetto area. Its not packed and I can handwash my car there. Tho I always have to be on the lookout and only wash my car in bright daylight. And bring no cash, just driver license. Lol. Its worth the extra troubles

Kimchiguy 04-13-14 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by smardav (Post 8482806)

Thanks for this tip - although I will have to weigh the risk vs reward for the chance of getting rolled in a ghetto neighbourhood! Guess I'll have to search around for the right coin wash. :)

AndyL 04-18-14 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kimchiguy (Post 8482400)
Thanks!! Hopefully the next few weeks go by quickly! Then you can enjoy your new IS for the summer! :) I always manually fold in my mirrors when parked so it's become second nature. But I agree, power folding mirrors are something that the Japanese seem to neglect - yet Germans consistently offer.

+1

Kia offers power folding mirrors option in some of their cars. Hopefully it encourages the Japanese to follow suit soon.

AndyL 04-18-14 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by corradoMR2 (Post 8482423)
^^^Elaine, NJ to Quebec or Ontario is only an 8hr drive. I do it every year going to Wildwood, Ocean City, Cape May... Love the Jersey shore! :) Aeromotive. I've had not issues with my USB paint so far other than not being able to be stealthy. People know who you are, where you are, and so on in this car. :D I've cleaned my car 4-5 times this winter with highly controversial waterless car wash for both my F-Sports and USB (and Nebula Gray) have negligible hairline swirls and scratches. You have to look really close (< 1 ft) to see the odd set here and there. I've been using waterless products over the last three winters without issue. So if you can't wash your car at home because of water availability, this is a good option, BUT, you need several microfiber cloths to do it right without scratching your paint. :thumbup: One quick additional comment. I see you're coming from a white 3-series. Since white barely ever shows swirls and fine scratches, relative to this, you will need to be a little more careful with USB.

I am still intimidated by the idea of waterless car wash. Ideally, if a coin wash is nearby I would do a quick rinse to wash off most of the salt and then drive back home to proceed with the waterless car wash. Some suitable microfibers are a must to reduce the risk of hairline swirls.

Aeromotive 04-19-14 07:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments!! Do we have a USB picture thread? If not, we definitely need one.:) I'd love to see more pics from Kimchiguy and corradoMR2!

Originally Posted by corradoMR2 (Post 8482423)

One quick additional comment. I see you're coming from a white 3-series. Since white barely ever shows swirls and fine scratches, relative to this, you will need to be a little more careful with USB.

Yeah white is the best color for that, but that's my wife's car... it's not going anywhere! She's in love with the 335 :)

Originally Posted by wednesday (Post 8482729)
It really is an amazing color and I am hoping there is a way for me to get a '15 model in USB when my lease ends in late July.

wednesday, I understand your love for the USB, but wouldn't you want a change? I know I would after a couple of years having a car!

wednesday 04-19-14 08:29 PM

If I have to I will get MRM but I really don't like any of the other colors and the USB is very, very rare on the roads here, I have yet to see another one like mine on the road (in 3 years!) I like to be different:cool:

Aeromotive 04-19-14 09:29 PM

I understand that. I have never seen an USB 2IS or 3IS here! Not only it's a beautiful color, but it's indeed exclusive.

Kimchiguy 04-19-14 10:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Aeromotive (Post 8494578)
Thanks everyone for the comments!! Do we have a USB picture thread? If not, we definitely need one.:) I'd love to see more pics from Kimchiguy and corradoMR2!

Yeah white is the best color for that, but that's my wife's car... it's not going anywhere! She's in love with the 335 :)

wednesday, I understand your love for the USB, but wouldn't you want a change? I know I would after a couple of years having a car!

As requested :)

Kimchiguy 04-20-14 03:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
New pics taken today!
:cool:

Aeromotive 04-20-14 09:23 PM

Beautiful, Kimchiguy! Thanks!
The pictures don't do this color justice. I saw it a few times at dealerships and IMO the blue is much nicer IRL than in pictures. :thumbup:

SonyHome 04-20-14 10:06 PM

Does this have the same sparkle metallic stuff (Mica?) as Metador Red Mica? I saw this red over the weekend at local Lexus dealer on IS Convertible and it looked gorgeous, "Mica" that is. :thumbup:

Kimchiguy 04-21-14 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by SonyHome (Post 8496168)
Does this have the same sparkle metallic stuff (Mica?) as Metador Red Mica? I saw this red over the weekend at local Lexus dealer on IS Convertible and it looked gorgeous, "Mica" that is. :thumbup:

Yes, it's a Mica paint with the pearlescent flakes! Depending on the light, the shade of blue looks different. I think the Mica effect shows up the most with the Matador Red and Ultrasonic Blue, but that's just my observation! :)