ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Text Message Reading (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/736608-text-message-reading.html)

Corleone91 04-03-14 05:19 AM

Text Message Reading

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out if this is an issue or not but with the ability to open/display and read out text messages, it can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes to actually open and start reading/displaying the message.

I also find that every time I go to the messages page of the system it has to pull in my messages even though I get the "Call/Message History Transfer Complete" message after initially starting the car.

Is there any way to make this quicker? For reference I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I have the Display audio (not the Nav or ML). Is this possibly a problem with my phone or is this the typical functionality?

Thanks!

sc00b 04-03-14 07:39 AM

whenever i have used it, it does seem to take quite a while

dojoman 04-03-14 08:29 AM

Mine is instant. You guys probably have tons of text in the inbox. Mine is usually empty, I don't keep texts on my phone.

Corleone91 04-07-14 08:29 AM

Yeah i have a good amount of texts in the inbox. I might try clearing that out but since the issue is more around new, incoming text messages, I am not sure that will resolve it but worth a shot.

sc00b 04-07-14 10:31 AM

how do you program your phone back to read txts? mine suddenly wont do it anymore

Boomin 04-07-14 03:41 PM

So your saying... having inbox about empty will have a fast text reading? Interesting, I'll give it a go cause I have texts from forever and I've given up using ours. Thanks hope it works

RedVelLex 04-24-14 03:19 PM

Just recently, mine is now saying Cannot Load Message List. Everything worked just fine at first. The email part is working with no problem. I have a HTC One Max. I cleared out the inbox in my phone because I had alot of messages, still no luck. Repaired the phone again to the system, no luck. Restarted my phone, no luck. I've just about given up unless someone has another solution.

Vairox 04-24-14 04:26 PM

Never had any issues when I used it (HTC DNA), the voice that reads them out is never accurate and eventually I got tired of texts and calls interrupting my music so I disconnected it and only go bluetooth when I want to talk to someone.

Boomin 04-24-14 06:48 PM

Excellent idea Vairox, I shall do the same. Never works well with my wife nor I even following suggestions from our fellow mates.

Helterran 04-27-14 10:47 PM

i have an iphone, i put the notification on on my phone (bluetooth setting)... and then unpair it and check the config on the car and the iphone again... now reads fine... but its a bit slow.

Beire 04-28-14 06:53 AM

i seem to notice it only syncs real sms messages.
I use hangouts most of the time and it does not sync them. That's a shame.

Only it seems to sync sms messages fine. But it does not announce them. It is however turned on in the settings.