IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Painted Brake Calipers - Photo Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-17, 09:25 AM
Lexcuse
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Painted Calipers on Atomic Silver

Anyone have a zoomed out pic of what they did with their Calipers on Atomic silver? I’m thinking of red or blue. Has anyone considered custom caliper covers? I heard they reduce brake dust but do they look good? https://www.carid.com/caliper-covers.html
Old 12-04-17, 12:27 PM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexcuse
Anyone have a zoomed out pic of what they did with their Calipers on Atomic silver? I’m thinking of red or blue. Has anyone considered custom caliper covers? I heard they reduce brake dust but do they look good? https://www.carid.com/caliper-covers.html
So I have been considering both Lexcuse, and the common opinion is that BBK or real racing brakes would be best, however I do not have the $4k to spend on the front alone. So I found in my opinion that painting the front with a decal and using a cover for the rear seems to be the most reasonable way to handle this. As the painted front looks better than the cover in most cases, and the covered rear looks better than the painted rear in all cases.
I am tempted to do just MPG covers though due to ease of installation and durability, and I think the red MPG brake covers in red with the white lexus logo loos good on the starfire pearl.
Old 12-04-17, 12:33 PM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexcuse
Also , there is a separate thread here that has photos of the MPG Caliper Covers I'm considering, in addition to a sponsor who offered to give a deal on the covers at the end of the thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-covers-2.html
Old 12-04-17, 01:57 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Where can i order just the caliper decals either Lexus or F Sport ones?

Also, are the decals just essentially vinyl stickers? Will common wheel cleaners the car washes use it kill the decal?
Old 12-04-17, 02:03 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by skiracer
Where can i order just the caliper decals either Lexus or F Sport ones?

Also, are the decals just essentially vinyl stickers? Will common wheel cleaners the car washes use it kill the decal?
i got mine off of ebay... i looked up lexus brake stickers, and no they are actually very strong once they’re on they don’t come off when i power wash the brakes and stuff
Old 12-04-17, 03:13 PM
OTRCarver
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread and awesome colors! Does anyone have a shop recommendation in the Orange County area of Southern California?
Old 12-04-17, 04:59 PM
ModehcepeD
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

How about white on white with black wheels? That't what I went with.

The following 3 users liked this post by ModehcepeD:
DarthLex (01-09-20), dellthecomputer (08-26-23), lexi90 (01-31-18)
Old 12-05-17, 03:22 AM
Reston4GS
Rookie

That looks sick, nice ride!
The following users liked this post:
ModehcepeD (12-05-17)
Old 12-05-17, 09:27 AM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Anybody ever put the caliper decal on just the plain black OEM calipers? I don't have time to paint the calipers myself...
Old 12-05-17, 12:29 PM
labfm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody knows a good shop near Philly to get this done? Just got a new 17' 300 F Sport and definitely want to do red calipers
Old 12-05-17, 12:57 PM
dteskmo
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I would love to paint mine, but can't decide what color. Would red look stupid with Matador Red Mica? I don't want black or blue, and not sure about white or yellow. The green and purple in this thread look great, but again probably won't work with the MRM.
Old 12-05-17, 06:23 PM
ModehcepeD
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dteskmo
I would love to paint mine, but can't decide what color. Would red look stupid with Matador Red Mica? I don't want black or blue, and not sure about white or yellow. The green and purple in this thread look great, but again probably won't work with the MRM.
I don't think it looks bad.

Old 01-31-18, 09:31 AM
twixx007
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Racing Red Calipers with Decals

Got my calipers painted racing red a few months ago here in Germany. The shop that did the work took all four of the calipers apart and off the vehicle. Then applied two coats of the red racing paint all over the parts (front, back, and inside). Once they were dry the shop applied white F-Sport caliper decals to the front calipers. Before putting the calipers back onto the car the shop applied a clear coat glaze to seal the paint and the decals to keep them preserved.

Pic of the entire car so you can see the front and rear calipers

Passenger side front caliper
Passenger side rear caliper
Driver side front caliper
The following 2 users liked this post by twixx007:
dellthecomputer (08-26-23), RalphieV20 (07-02-20)
Old 01-31-18, 12:29 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

I painted mine a few months ago and applied the decal on each front side. I, however, had "Lexus" facing toward the center of the wheel on one side and "Lexus" facing the tire. Is this something that's totally stupid and needs to be replaced or is it something that I can get away with?
Old 01-31-18, 01:26 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Any suggestions or pics for black cars on what color brake calipers will look nice? I'm thinking red with white decal or white with black decals. Any inputs or pics to share? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Painted Brake Calipers - Photo Gallery