IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS - Where do you place your phone?

Old 12-02-17, 11:37 AM
tabjohitol
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wanted something a little less cumbersome than my CD slot phone holder. Found this on Amazon.
Amazon Amazon

Its actually just wedged in between the panel and the console, ended up not using double sided tape. Surprisingly it is pretty secure, and works nicely with the location of the lightning cable for my smartphone screen mirror setup.

UPDATE: Amazon doesn't seem to carry this exact phone holder anymore. It's made by Mofly and can still be found on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/122748002005?rmvSB=true

Last edited by tabjohitol; 05-16-18 at 02:59 PM. Reason: adding another pic
Old 12-02-17, 11:44 AM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice!!! I like this setup! Might try it out vs my cd slot one!

Originally Posted by tabjohitol
Wanted something a little cumbersome than my CD tray phone holder. Found this on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its actually just wedged in between the panel and the console, ended up not using double sided tape. Surprisingly it is pretty secure, and works nicely with the location of the lightning cable for my smartphone screen mirror setup.

The following users liked this post:
sfisher (12-02-17)
Old 12-02-17, 03:52 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Based on another user's recommendation here, i am using this. I heavily rely on Waze to get me around Los Angeles Traffic.

Amazon Amazon

Old 12-02-17, 05:04 PM
jnesss
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

spigen magnet on the air vent by the clock. magnet in my iphone case.
Old 12-02-17, 10:00 PM
fflores
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I do not know if this is standard, but from out of the center console area, where the usb is located, right under the lid of the console attached to the edge of the opening of the compartment, there is a small clip which can grip the charger cable for the phone. When you close the lid, it does not pinch the cable or keep the lid from closing. I then plug my phone in and angle it so that is rests against the hand rest for the navi screen tracks/joystick and in the folds of the shifter boot.

if the phone is charged, because its a iPhone 6s plus, it doesn't fit in the cup holders, I will put it either over the seat heaters buttons or in the shelf in front of the navi screen. But I have forgotten the phone when I do place it there.
Old 12-02-17, 10:05 PM
sfisher
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased these for $10.99 off Amazon. They're slim and fit great between the seat and console. The black with red stitching looks good with my Roja Red interior. Perfect for your phone, however I forget it all the time along with my wallet when I get out of my car. I probably use the area by the nav display most often. I have one of those non-skid rubber pads there to keep it from sliding around.
You'd think auto manufacturers would have integrated a feature on car interiors for phones by now.

Last edited by sfisher; 12-02-17 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-02-17, 10:19 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

.....delete me
Old 12-04-17, 11:24 AM
Drawblood
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

These look pretty sick! I'm going to order one. It looks like you can slide it back and forth!

https://www.proclipusa.com/vehicle/d...us-is-350/2017
Old 04-09-18, 01:55 PM
Daveyis350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is too funny I always put it under my leg and forget it there. I hate there isnt a spot for it, #ISproblems lol
Old 04-09-18, 04:49 PM
Jay89
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

For those of you who put it on the dash, to the right of the screen, arnt you worried that in the event the airbag deploys that you'll have your phone and mount flying towards you or your passenger?

I'm still searching for the perfect solution as there are none that fit my personal requirements...lol I'm picky that way.
Old 04-09-18, 06:42 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay89
For those of you who put it on the dash, to the right of the screen, arnt you worried that in the event the airbag deploys that you'll have your phone and mount flying towards you or your passenger?

I'm still searching for the perfect solution as there are none that fit my personal requirements...lol I'm picky that way.
i stopped putting my phone there on the sticky pad after i thought of that, it mostly just sits in my cup holder now
Old 04-09-18, 09:42 PM
Panzer126
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My 6 Plus fits perfectly in the notch between the shifter and the SD card insert/ML logo thingy, where the passenger seat warmer button is. No need for anything, just fits and sits.
Old 04-09-18, 10:00 PM
gdinero
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on someone else's reco, and also from past knowledge of the company's products -- used for something similar for motorcycles, I use a ProClip two-piece setup with dash insert mount and phone holder. Mine mounts mostly over the clock, but somewhat to the right toward the passenger. It does not block my view of the entire clock from driver position, and it really doesn't block the passenger's air vent either. It works fairly well all in all and I'm very happy with it. Was a bit expensive at $80 but I've made worse purchases for sure. Looks a bit disruptive for someone looking at the car in terms of the dash having this big thing sticking out of it, but I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me visually at all.

Now to figure out where to put my sunglasses!

G
Old 04-10-18, 08:38 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sfisher

I purchased these for $10.99 off Amazon. They're slim and fit great between the seat and console. The black with red stitching looks good with my Roja Red interior. Perfect for your phone, however I forget it all the time along with my wallet when I get out of my car. I probably use the area by the nav display most often. I have one of those non-skid rubber pads there to keep it from sliding around.
You'd think auto manufacturers would have integrated a feature on car interiors for phones by now.

Do you have the link for This?
Or can you give the name of this?

Do you have any photos with it in your car
Old 04-10-18, 07:31 PM
nopinch
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Patika Qi charger and Patika Carbon Fiber case. It has a magnet in the case and works perfectly with their charger.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3IS - Where do you place your phone?