Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe this is the solution?
Attached Thumbnails Can you help me solve a mystery?-humor11..jpg  
Old 02-23-14, 04:15 PM
Ang89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VGer
The other day I literally encountered the perfect spot... On one side of me a curb as in your example... On the other side, why what do we have here... A 2014 IS 250... I parked my IS between the two, and had an enjoyable lunch knowing my car was safe...

As to those who take multiple spots... That tends to bring out the people who will intentionally damage your car, rather than accidentally...
Originally Posted by TheShaddix
Same story here. I try to park next to curbs (if there are any) so I know for a fact no one will be at least on one side of my car! And I try to park as close as I can to it and give more room for people, just in case. But this only solves the problem 50%. And I would advise against taking up multiple spots or even parking on the line. Some people won't be so understanding and you'll find yourself with more problems than an old van parked next to you. One will walk by and say "what a d*ck", another will just scratch your car. The key here is still to remain respectful and civil, even if people around you are a-holes. Stooping down to their level makes you no better. Another solution is to try and park next to nicer cars and see how they park. Usually people who care about their cars (and others') will try to park straight and even to be considerate. I try to look for those kind of spaces.

Yep, I know. I probably won't have the guts to really do it, but I'm moving to even farther Northern CA in a few weeks, and let's just say I will be the only IS-FSport in town -_- I, and no one else on here can control where the shopping mall, grocery, etc is located, but it really does suck that most people are highly inconsiderate. We can't park way off to the side, take up multiple spots, or even use a car cover without garnering negative attention.

Here's a funny idea: Installing a one-of-a-kind car alarm/protector system that when enabled, creates disco-like strobe lights all around the car, and includes sensors--so if you are close to the car, the alarm will shout a command at you to step back, or something to that effect.
Old 02-23-14, 04:23 PM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ang89
Here's a funny idea: Installing a one-of-a-kind car alarm/protector system that when enabled, creates disco-like strobe lights all around the car, and includes sensors--so if you are close to the car, the alarm will shout a command at you to step back, or something to that effect.
Flashback to the 90's:

Not sure if I'd want strobe lights going off if someone is parking too close to my car.
Old 02-23-14, 04:26 PM
Ang89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VGer
Flashback to the 90's:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3p06XHHRvpk

Not sure if I'd want strobe lights going off if someone is parking too close to my car.
LMAO! Wow...major throwback. Hey, just an idea. Plus, the whole point of the system activating was to keep people and cars as far away from your car as possible
Old 02-23-14, 04:45 PM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ang89
LMAO! Wow...major throwback. Hey, just an idea. Plus, the whole point of the system activating was to keep people and cars as far away from your car as possible

In a bit of irony I'm pretty sure that's a 1994 LS400 in that commercial.
Old 02-24-14, 08:21 PM
nmarcucci
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thought this always happened to me too... until yesterday, when I came out to this

Can you help me solve a mystery?-abr1kzy.jpg
Old 02-24-14, 08:50 PM
nayuta
Driver

^ Niceeeeeeee
Old 02-24-14, 09:14 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glashub
Why is it that no matter how far away I park my car from others, no matter how many empty parking spaces there are surrounding my car; I always find some beater parked right next to it and sometimes really close to it? Usually it's scary old SUV. I've owned several new cars in the past few years and each one attracts old cars like bees to honey.

Are people subconsciously attracted to shiny objects? Is it a herding instinct? I asked a woman once why she parked her van so close to my car that I couldn't open the door why she did that -- in an out of the way parking place when there were so many other empty spaces nearer to the bank -- and she went off on me about America being a free country and she could park anywhere she wants and she could give a F$#k about my new car.

I know some of you feel the same frustrations and try to park far away too. What do you think?
You are too funny Glashub.

Below is picture of my car couple weeks after I purchased it. I intentionally parked very far away from my building (you can't see it in this picture but it's further to the upper left of the building you see) to stay away from everyone but when I came out during lunch there were two other cars parked right next to me even though there are all these open spaces closer to their building. This is in freezing weather too.

Your post reminded me of this, which I did take a picture because I thought it was somewhat funny someone would do that.

Old 02-24-14, 09:33 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

At least we don't have sheeps running around our cars as we are driving! LOL!

Old 02-24-14, 09:46 PM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nmarcucci
thought this always happened to me too... until yesterday, when I came out to this

Nice Saturn! Glad he left a space in between you haha.
Old 02-25-14, 11:57 AM
Slust
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Glashub
Why is it that no matter how far away I park my car from others, no matter how many empty parking spaces there are surrounding my car; I always find some beater parked right next to it and sometimes really close to it?
Ya they're trolling you. We were talking about this work. People do it all the time just to **** people like us off. It may not always be because you have something nice and they don't though it definitely happens. I sometimes lurk on the BMW forums and one guy had a dude purposely roll his shopping kart into the bmw. When asked the guy said, "Because your car is too nice, it needs a dent."

I think most do it purposely to annoy others.
Old 02-25-14, 12:46 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

I always find the last parking spot in a row, with the end side still open (not against a curb) like a painted endcap. I will park in that spot, with my car parked on the open side across the line a little. That gives a big open door buffer zone inbetween us. What irritates me is the car that parks next to me, and parks across the line on MY SIDE since there is a big gap, so he can have a buffer on his other side..... SMH.
Old 02-25-14, 12:58 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome

Below is picture of my car couple weeks after I purchased it. I intentionally parked very far away from my building (you can't see it in this picture but it's further to the upper left of the building you see) to stay away from everyone but when I came out during lunch there were two other cars parked right next to me even though there are all these open spaces closer to their building. This is in freezing weather too.

Your post reminded me of this, which I did take a picture because I thought it was somewhat funny someone would do that.

This wasn't too bad as the other car has spaced out considerably and if there was only one driver and the driver's door was on the other side, it won't affect you too much.
Old 02-25-14, 02:30 PM
John510
Lead Lap

I just find a big spot. No point in parking 10 miles away when you can get a ding anywhere. If people see you are purposely trying to avoid dings they will be asses and ding it.
Old 02-25-14, 03:44 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome

Wow! There are dozens of parking spaces open between your car and the building It's crazy that they created a little herd with your car. At least now I know it's a nationwide phenomena.

Quick Reply: Can you help me solve a mystery?