IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Viper Alarm today stopped a break-in and grab!

Old 02-16-14, 07:28 PM
2014IS250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper Alarm today stopped a break-in and grab!

Today while having Starbucks at a local place in queens NY, I watch on the second floor of the Starbucks while to idiots tested my car for an alarm! Long story, but the short of it, one guy was on a bike going back in fourth up down the block and a black car Fiat with a red strip pulls up to my car rear while the guy in the bike when'd up to my car kicked the tire. My alarm then set off and they both jetted! Here is the good news, no damage at all and I caught them on video. My Blackuve caught the whole thing! My question to the group, should I report this to the police department? I caught the incense plate number on the car by zooming in on the program provided by Blackvue. Since there is damage at all, I of the mind set just to let it go. By the time all this happened I was just at the door of the place running out to the car. What we're trying to do, a break and grab? I leave nothing in the car to prevent this from happening. After spending all this money on the Viper system and Blackvue, I am happy I did. I wish I had the car parked where the front camera could have caught there faces better. Low lives! Thanks for reading, needed a place to vent! I will try and post the video tomorrow.
Old 02-16-14, 07:35 PM
sunnyx213
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2014IS250
Today while having Starbucks at a local place in queens NY, I watch on the second floor of the Starbucks while to idiots tested my car for an alarm! Long story, but the short of it, one guy was on a bike going back in fourth up down the block and a black car Fiat with a red strip pulls up to my car rear while the guy in the bike when'd up to my car kicked the tire. My alarm then set off and they both jetted! Here is the good news, no damage at all and I caught them on video. My Blackuve caught the whole thing! My question to the group, should I report this to the police department? I caught the incense plate number on the car by zooming in on the program provided by Blackvue. Since there is damage at all, I of the mind set just to let it go. By the time all this happened I was just at the door of the place running out to the car. What we're trying to do, a break and grab? I leave nothing in the car to prevent this from happening. After spending all this money on the Viper system and Blackvue, I am happy I did. I wish I had the car parked where the front camera could have caught there faces better. Low lives! Thanks for reading, needed a place to vent! I will try and post the video tomorrow.
Definitely report it to the police. I'm glad that no damage was done to your car, but these guys are out there causing damages to other victims.
Old 02-16-14, 07:39 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Upload the vid to youtube and share!
Old 02-16-14, 08:06 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where in Queens?

Last edited by dbs600; 02-16-14 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-16-14, 08:19 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vbx
Upload the vid to youtube and share!
Agreed!
Old 02-16-14, 09:21 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad your car is okay bro. i'm not sure if the cops can do anything. even showing the video will not do much as it'll be your word against theirs (if they were able to catch those guys first). if i read your post properly, the camera only showed them taking off in a hurry right? so not actually showing them doing anything to your car. even then if you recorded them kicking your tire, how incriminating can that be? lol.
Old 02-16-14, 09:23 PM
2014IS250
Rookie

Here you go guys! You will see the guy on the bike mid way through and then the Black Fiat pull up to my car. What was strange, the lot had lots of traffic going through it, the ***** on these guys! You can't see it from the side, but the guy on the bike approached the car from the side and kicked the tire. My only complaint with this system is there is no side camera. You will see the black Fiat pull out quickly once the goes on. Red car pulling into the lot at that point as well.

This happened at the Starbucks in Howard Beach.

Old 02-17-14, 10:39 AM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very impressive! Your investment potentially paid itself back.
Old 02-17-14, 11:46 AM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

hmm interesting. do you have wheel locks on your car 2014IS250? I ask because in my area, floral park they have been stealing the rims off the cars a lot. its odd because its a good area, but im sure they can flip our rims for good money. they may have been scouting out the car
Old 02-17-14, 02:38 PM
2014IS250
Rookie

Originally Posted by shivad87
hmm interesting. do you have wheel locks on your car 2014IS250? I ask because in my area, floral park they have been stealing the rims off the cars a lot. its odd because its a good area, but im sure they can flip our rims for good money. they may have been scouting out the car
Yes, I have a couple of sets of locks on each rim.