IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Tunnel experience with my Meisterschaft exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-14, 11:52 AM
liqinwei26
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Tunnel experience with my Meisterschaft exhaust

After I installed Meisterschaft full cat back exhaust system (X pipe plus the GTC axle back), I enjoyed every single mile on the road. Finally, I got pulled over by State Patrol yesterday and Sheriff said my car was so loud that he could even hear my car miles away! (I was in the tunnel flooring the gas pedal and he was probably about a few miles in front of me outside the tunnel.) He said he personally really enjoyed my exhaust but he had to give me a citation because "it was too loud and maybe dangerous to other drivers on the road". I guess next time in the tunnel I should close the valve in the muffler and make it quieter. Even though I got a $200 ticket for my exhaust, it really made my day, Meisterschaft exhaust is really worth the money, and I highly recommend for those who want to upgrade their 3is exhaust sounds!!
Old 02-16-14, 01:08 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use to run an open/disconnected exhaust on the old DC5 and blasted through the Baltimore tunnel. That thing was so loud especially when I hit vtech! My buddy in his open/drop top FC RX-7 was a mile ahead out of the tunnel running next to an 18 wheeler and said he still heard me coming lol. Anyways glad you had fun but bummer on the $200 fine. At least he didn't make you go to court and/or show proof that you put the factory exhaust on. And try to tone down the shenanigans particularly in public areas. Sure do it in a remote location, stripe, designated areas. Just don't blast your exhaust all loud around town and give the 3IS a bad image like there goes another ricer import with a loud exhaust. I mean come on, it is a lex after all, drive it with respect and ppl with respect you and your nice sport lux compact, not hated like another ricer.
Old 02-16-14, 01:38 PM
liqinwei26
Rookie

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
I use to run an open/disconnected exhaust on the old DC5 and blasted through the Baltimore tunnel. That thing was so loud especially when I hit vtech! My buddy in his open/drop top FC RX-7 was a mile ahead out of the tunnel running next to an 18 wheeler and said he still heard me coming lol. Anyways glad you had fun but bummer on the $200 fine. At least he didn't make you go to court and/or show proof that you put the factory exhaust on. And try to tone down the shenanigans particularly in public areas. Sure do it in a remote location, stripe, designated areas. Just don't blast your exhaust all loud around town and give the 3IS a bad image like there goes another ricer import with a loud exhaust. I mean come on, it is a lex after all, drive it with respect and ppl with respect you and your nice sport lux compact, not hated like another ricer.
Agreed, around the town, I always close the value, so I won't get too much attention and complaint. Don't want to wake up neighbors in the middle of the night and everything. I only open it up when I know there are tunnels or mountain roads.
Old 02-16-14, 02:35 PM
atomic350
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Haha sorry to hear about the ticket but this exhaust intrigues me so much knowing there are very few that has heard this exhaust on a 3IS. You promised a video of the exhaust sometime back and I'm still dying to hear it. Please, post one up soon.
Old 02-16-14, 02:56 PM
LexFather

Epic!!!!!'nn
Old 02-16-14, 05:30 PM
braandon19
Driver School Candidate

post a video of your car man i've been dying to hear the meisterschaft on a lexus 3is
Old 02-16-14, 05:40 PM
liqinwei26
Rookie

Cool

Originally Posted by atomic350
Haha sorry to hear about the ticket but this exhaust intrigues me so much knowing there are very few that has heard this exhaust on a 3IS. You promised a video of the exhaust sometime back and I'm still dying to hear it. Please, post one up soon.
Originally Posted by braandon19
post a video of your car man i've been dying to hear the meisterschaft on a lexus 3is
Videos will be up later tonight! Just shot some indoor clips, it was snowing for the past weeks so really hard to do any fly-by videos on the road. My girl is doing some post editing, should be done pretty soon
Old 02-16-14, 07:54 PM
liqinwei26
Rookie

Cool

Originally Posted by atomic350
Originally Posted by braandon19
Old 02-16-14, 08:14 PM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by liqinwei26
Nice Video!
No wonder you got a ticket, it is loud as *****. Sounds more like you got a hole in your exhaust.
Whats up with the reflective tapes all over your car? If you like it, its all good, but not my taste.
Old 02-16-14, 10:06 PM
F350
Pole Position

nice video, how's the sound when the valve is shut ?
Old 02-17-14, 12:01 AM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

sounds like ur exhaust is broken...not my taste..
Old 02-17-14, 12:33 AM
nayuta
Driver

Wow that sounds brutal!! I like it. How much did you pay for the exhaust?
Old 02-17-14, 04:51 AM
liqinwei26
Rookie

Originally Posted by F350
nice video, how's the sound when the valve is shut ?
It was quiet and really close to stock, only can hear it when u floor the gas. Basically how it works is that when the valve is open, exhaust gas goes through both side of the mufflers, and when the valve is close (only on the left side muffler), the exhaust gas will only goes through the right side muffler (because of the x mid pipe, the exhaust gas will recirculate to the right side muffler). So the sound will reduce by half than what u heard in the video.

I thought ppl were only wondering how it sounded in open mode and no one really cared in silent mode, so did not make any video on that
Old 02-17-14, 04:56 AM
liqinwei26
Rookie

Originally Posted by nayuta
Wow that sounds brutal!! I like it. How much did you pay for the exhaust?
Since I was a returning customer, so i got a 15% off discount of the MSRP on their website. I also live close to Chicago, where their master distribution center/warehouse is. So I drove down their facility and got a free installation on everything. I was informed that I was the first ordinary customer (excluding the white 3IS in SEMA from AG Group), running the full cat back setup in the world by the time I installed it
Old 02-17-14, 05:03 AM
liqinwei26
Rookie

Originally Posted by gvan1998

Nice Video!
No wonder you got a ticket, it is loud as *****. Sounds more like you got a hole in your exhaust.
Whats up with the reflective tapes all over your car? If you like it, its all good, but not my taste.
Thanks! My girl likes to play around with iMovie, so she did most of the jobs.
I posted a thread a few weeks ago about my pinstripes, but it seemed like no one really liked here, and got many negative feedback. But I came from a different culture (Not born and raised in US) and I really enjoyed it. I guess like others responded to me before "to each his own"....

Quick Reply: Tunnel experience with my Meisterschaft exhaust