IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Brand new IS350 rear ended, other party claim i REVERSE!

Old 02-17-14, 06:57 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AAA was pretty fair to me. Without even hearing the other side, they decided in my favor. However, 3 days later, I got a call from my claim agent and she requested photos because the other party claimed there was no damage and that she didn't hit me.

Luckily, the body shop didn't work on the damage yet and only removed the bumper. The body shop sent me some photos. Also the other party's insurance drove over to the bodyshop the take pictures and measurements. (Lady claimed she didn't hit me).

2 days later, I got a call from State Farm saying my claimed was denied because I reversed into them! lol

AAA still covered the damages and waived the deductible. I was only out $300 something for car rental.

I still took her to court. She was a ninja though. She refused to signed any court documents. Luckily a non uniformed guy was able to catch her and got her to sign her. On the 5th and final attempt.
Old 02-17-14, 07:47 PM
finalhope
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotatom
Finalhope, Im sure your deductible is at least $500 and I don't see that much damage there. Even if you change the reflector and get your bumper buffed out professionally you still wouldn't hit the $500 deductible. I know your upset with the person that hit you and then lied to you about what happened but is not worth your time and effort to fight this. If you want get an estimate for your damage, they are free.
As far as that letter goes you got from the insurance company, I think they are hoping you will go away and see what happens from there. They are trying to save paying the deductible because it will come from themselves anyway, being the same insurance company.
Did they offer to have an adjuster come and look at the car? Or is that a practice that is not done anymore. Good luck with your outcome
Even with my inexperience knowledge in the auto insurance industry, that was exactly what I thought the outcome would become when I put in this claim, AAA insurance was going to do exactly what they did. The problem is, would they do that as well for a much more severe accident than this? If so, is TRIPLE A worth our money? Also the last question is does that mean this is a no fault case? I thought insurance company is obligated to determine whos fault it is especially easier to do so when within themselves. They have no excuses to not pursue further to recover my deductible when i have a witness who saw the whole thing because he work at the gas station. Im just upset how the insurance company might have treated this claim, but ill hear from them by tomorrow.
Old 02-17-14, 08:00 PM
finalhope
Rookie

Originally Posted by vbx
AAA was pretty fair to me. Without even hearing the other side, they decided in my favor. However, 3 days later, I got a call from my claim agent and she requested photos because the other party claimed there was no damage and that she didn't hit me.

Luckily, the body shop didn't work on the damage yet and only removed the bumper. The body shop sent me some photos. Also the other party's insurance drove over to the bodyshop the take pictures and measurements. (Lady claimed she didn't hit me).

2 days later, I got a call from State Farm saying my claimed was denied because I reversed into them! lol

AAA still covered the damages and waived the deductible. I was only out $300 something for car rental.

I still took her to court. She was a ninja though. She refused to signed any court documents. Luckily a non uniformed guy was able to catch her and got her to sign her. On the 5th and final attempt.
Reason they sided with you is because the other party wasnt triple A as well and because rear end case is 99% the following driver's fault.

She claiming that i backed up into her when she was coming out of a ramp into a busy street with tons of traffic going my direction makes no sense for anyone fo even side with her. Triple A honestly would have framed me for this one if they could to avoid paying for liability, EVEN FOR A MORE SEVERE CASE?

Last edited by finalhope; 02-17-14 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-18-14, 02:27 AM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by finalhope
Reason they sided with you is because the other party wasnt triple A as well and because rear end case is 99% the following driver's fault.

She claiming that i backed up into her when she was coming out of a ramp into a busy street with tons of traffic going my direction makes no sense for anyone fo even side with her. Triple A honestly would have framed me for this one if they could to avoid paying for liability, EVEN FOR A MORE SEVERE CASE?
Keep bugging them. They should write you a check for the cost of replacing the reflector and to buff out the entire rear bumper. This wasn't your fault so you should have no out of pocket expense.

If anything, take it to the dealership, have them replace and buff out the bumper. Send the invoice certified mail to the lady and tell her to settle out of court or you will take this further.

Most likely, she will just pay and not waste her time in court.
Old 02-19-14, 04:38 AM
finalhope
Rookie

Just went to Triple A today and they stated that the case is still open and fault has not been determine yet because the other party thinks my witness it not credible...... They say they would take this case to their supervisor and committee etc which would take awhile...... Seems like I really do need a Dash Cam and hopefully they wouldn't claim the dash cam is not credible of another accident in the future. Any good suggestion on dash cams? I see them priced from under 100 to hundreds and would like to know if there really is a difference.
Old 02-19-14, 07:04 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by finalhope
Just went to Triple A today and they stated that the case is still open and fault has not been determine yet because the other party thinks my witness it not credible...... They say they would take this case to their supervisor and committee etc which would take awhile...... Seems like I really do need a Dash Cam and hopefully they wouldn't claim the dash cam is not credible of another accident in the future. Any good suggestion on dash cams? I see them priced from under 100 to hundreds and would like to know if there really is a difference.
just a word of caution here..
if they decide that the other person is not at fault and the other witness is not credible and end up paying something more than your deductible i would advise you not take the claim.
the reason is you'll now have an at fault claim on your clue report, and you'll end up having a rate increase for the next 3 years.
some companies count any claim even if it is 0 dollars (we don't) but fault will be placed on 1 person based on the committee decision.
my guess is they will place blame with you only for the fact doing so won't meet your deductible and you'll end up paying this out of pocket.

If i were you, and given the minimal damage i would call the claims department and tell them your going to drop the claim and fix it yourself.
because if they decide it's your fault you'll end up out of pocket a lot more than 60 bucks over the next 3 years.

but i suspect based on this thread you'll probably roll the dice anyway. but i wanted to post this before you make that decision so if you decide to and it backfires on you, i can say i told you so..

but seriously man, i know this sucks to let someone off the hook even though she lied. the but fact is she probably lied because she doesn't want to see her rates go up or see the insurance company pay for something so trivial.

you know i once had a guy slide on some ice down an onramp where i was waiting at a light a few winters ago and he managed to slide right into my tire and make a very slight scuff mark on the inside of my wheel well on the left rear of my truck. i *****ed him out and got pissed at him but the damage was so minimal i just eventually forgot about it. stuff happens man.
you don't even need paint work! your damage can be fixed for 60 bucks and a phillips screw driver! less than 10 minutes of work.
consider yourself lucky and move on..
Old 02-19-14, 03:49 PM
finalhope
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
just a word of caution here..
if they decide that the other person is not at fault and the other witness is not credible and end up paying something more than your deductible i would advise you not take the claim.
the reason is you'll now have an at fault claim on your clue report, and you'll end up having a rate increase for the next 3 years.
some companies count any claim even if it is 0 dollars (we don't) but fault will be placed on 1 person based on the committee decision.
my guess is they will place blame with you only for the fact doing so won't meet your deductible and you'll end up paying this out of pocket.

If i were you, and given the minimal damage i would call the claims department and tell them your going to drop the claim and fix it yourself.
because if they decide it's your fault you'll end up out of pocket a lot more than 60 bucks over the next 3 years.

but i suspect based on this thread you'll probably roll the dice anyway. but i wanted to post this before you make that decision so if you decide to and it backfires on you, i can say i told you so..

but seriously man, i know this sucks to let someone off the hook even though she lied. the but fact is she probably lied because she doesn't want to see her rates go up or see the insurance company pay for something so trivial.

you know i once had a guy slide on some ice down an onramp where i was waiting at a light a few winters ago and he managed to slide right into my tire and make a very slight scuff mark on the inside of my wheel well on the left rear of my truck. i *****ed him out and got pissed at him but the damage was so minimal i just eventually forgot about it. stuff happens man.
you don't even need paint work! your damage can be fixed for 60 bucks and a phillips screw driver! less than 10 minutes of work.
consider yourself lucky and move on..
Thanks

But I'm not sure if they would just place the blame on me because the chances of me backing up into her is less likely than for her to rear ending me, but of course the insurance company can think however they want. Still I think they will probably make us settle this in a small claims court if they cannot come up with a decision to who's fault it is. You were saying they may end up paying something more than my deductible to my vehicle's damage? Well I wouldn't go through them to repair it if they make me pay my deductible. Also I cannot just close the claim when the other party open a claim that I back up into her.

Do you know why did my claim representative just ask me if my car is automatic or standard? I told them the truth of course there is only one option for this car. I told them there is a back up camera included as well, I don't know if they would consider that helpful. Logical thinking people would side with me, so if they would honestly blame it on me as in my fault then I would have to take it to court to erase that off my record. If so, I would also go back to shopping with State Farm instead because I know they wouldn't take this recent blame and count towards my premium.

Again, I think they would rather not determine a fault with no reasonable explanation and would just tell me to take it to a small claims court to settle it. I'm not sure, but I think that is their best solution.
Old 02-19-14, 11:03 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

AAA also asked if my car was stick and it was. (2006 G35 Coupe).
Old 02-20-14, 03:08 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Could it be that people driving manual transmission puts the gear in neutral while standing at a stop light, and then unintentionally puts it in reverse when the light goes green?
Old 02-20-14, 06:47 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jhs82
Could it be that people driving manual transmission puts the gear in neutral while standing at a stop light, and then unintentionally puts it in reverse when the light goes green?
thats exactly why they ask. i had a client who got rear ended while making a turn into a parking lot, he was facing up hill and someone hit him from behind and claimed he backed into them. the fact he has an automatic trans and was making a turn convinced the ins company he wasn't at fault.
they took it all the way to court and the other person lost.
interestingly enough the other driver was also insured with the same company.

this is another reason a dash cam is so important.
Old 02-20-14, 11:32 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

That is insane. Sorry to hear that! People Suck!
Old 02-21-14, 10:52 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jhs82
No it's almost impossible to accidentally put your car into reverse. First of all, 1st and reverse is opposite of each other. AND on the G coupe, in order to shift to reverse, you have to press down on the shifter first, then shift to reverse. And in order to go into reverse, you have to step on the gas and let go of the clutch.

They only ask because if you are on a hill, you can let go of the brakes "accidentally" and run into the car behind you. Even then, it's the other person fault for riding on the azz way too close.
Old 02-21-14, 11:43 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vbx
No it's almost impossible to accidentally put your car into reverse. First of all, 1st and reverse is opposite of each other. AND on the G coupe, in order to shift to reverse, you have to press down on the shifter first, then shift to reverse. And in order to go into reverse, you have to step on the gas and let go of the clutch.

They only ask because if you are on a hill, you can let go of the brakes "accidentally" and run into the car behind you. Even then, it's the other person fault for riding on the azz way too close.
That depends on the vehicle. I've had cars with the reverse gear next to the first gear. Shure, i had to push the stick down to get it to reverse, but it's not impossible to do it unintentionally.

But sure, it might be your theory too.
Old 02-22-14, 05:22 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vbx

This is exactly the reason why they ask. And depends how much it slides. it might be his fault hance the reason they ask.
Old 02-22-14, 09:28 AM
sunnyx213
Driver School Candidate

This just happened to me less than an hour ago. I was in the market only for 5min. I reside in Los Angeles so of course the person who hit me just left. My Blackvue camera comes in Monday... lol. man... all I can do is just laugh about it and try not to let it get to me.
Attached Thumbnails Brand new IS350 rear ended, other party claim i REVERSE!-securedownload.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brand new IS350 rear ended, other party claim i REVERSE!