IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Brand new IS350 rear ended, other party claim i REVERSE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-14, 07:38 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by finalhope
Well seems like the outcome is I'm screwed and this is an experience to all of you out there to acknowledge. Scamming auto insurances and I cant stand the look on that b**** who's vehicle rear ended me, she probably knew this would happen.
Yep, same look that old lady had. She thought she could get away with it. But I wasn't going to let that happen. I didn't take her to court for the money. I took her to court for the moral victory. And yes, it was worth it.
Old 02-16-14, 07:49 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

let us know how this turns out, if you would like you can PM me if you need an advocate or advice off the forum. but i think you need to at least talk to the claims before contacting me. i need to know a little more about AAA's position on the matter.
Old 02-16-14, 08:41 PM
finalhope
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I'm going to contact AAA on Tuesday directly through my agent, since he told me that my prediction wouldn't happen.
Honestly though, the damage is quite minor. I've attached an image to this post of the damage cost by the impact.
Thanks to Lexus' bumper, the impact didn't caused much. You might not be able to see the damages in this photo, but in person, you can see a line crack in the middle of the reflector lens. You cannot feel it with your hands when touch, but you can see it, probably internal crack.
If I don't fix it, knowing that it has been damage, and that part of the bumper is probably loosen than before, it's not noticeable.
Still I'm expecting a reasonable answer on Tuesday.
Thanks guys I'll keep the results posted.
Attached Thumbnails Brand new IS350 rear ended, other party claim i REVERSE!-img_4115.jpg  
Old 02-16-14, 09:36 PM
finalhope
Rookie

Here is a closer picture of the damage. You can see a line running through the middle of the reflector lens.
Attached Thumbnails Brand new IS350 rear ended, other party claim i REVERSE!-image.jpg  

Last edited by finalhope; 02-16-14 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-17-14, 05:39 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

if all you have is a broken reflector lens i don't understand why your even looking to make a claim.
just buy a new one and move on..
Old 02-17-14, 05:47 AM
finalhope
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
if all you have is a broken reflector lens i don't understand why your even looking to make a claim.
just buy a new one and move on..
I know the damage isn't the problem, but the other party was a b**** with no apology and at the end claim that I back up into her. Her act was so disgusting she play a scenario of sitting in her car after hitting me then move her car back a little, then claiming it's just dust, then when I said she hit me she said she didn't, then my witness saw it and she decided to try to talk her way out of it that I live in the city and this happens a lot such and such, THEN she claims that I back up into her during her conversation with the insurance. I should have recorded every action she did and she'll be **** when i throw that up in court for dishonest and such. Was a long sentence, but unforgettable experience.

The thing is she said she doesn't understand why I was so upset and making a big deal out of it that she doesn't have time for this...... wow after hitting someone with no apology. That's like slapping someone out there and telling them I don't have time for this. Man I'm looking into getting a dash cam, but not sure if that would have help much.

You guys had no idea how nasty she looked when she told me "you know what you did" after I told her straight forward that I couldn't believe that she claimed I back up into her. I would have never thought of anything like that, women are so lucky she met a harmless guy like me, wait until she hit some mafia.

Last edited by finalhope; 02-17-14 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-17-14, 06:16 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

I know the damage isn't the problem, but the other party was a b**** with no apology and at the end claim that I back up into her. Her act was so disgusting she play a scenario of sitting in her car after hitting me then move her car back a little, then claiming it's just dust, then when I said she hit me she said she didn't, then my witness saw it and she decided to try to talk her way out of it that I live in the city and this happens a lot such and such, THEN she claims that I back up into her during her conversation with the insurance. I should have recorded every action she did and she'll be **** when i throw that up in court for dishonest and such. Was a long sentence, but unforgettable experience.

The thing is she said she doesn't understand why I was so upset and making a big deal out of it that she doesn't have time for this...... wow after hitting someone with no apology. That's like slapping someone out there and telling them I don't have time for this. Man I'm looking into getting a dash cam, but not sure if that would have help much.

You guys had no idea how nasty she looked when she told me "you know what you did" after I told her straight forward that I couldn't believe that she claimed I back up into her. I would have never thought of anything like that, women are so lucky she met a harmless guy like me, wait until she hit some mafia.
dude, i totally understand your frustration but this is how people are.
anger is a choice!
you can choose to be angry about it, spend a lot of time and money to get her into court to prove your point, and prove your right!
but at the end of the day she will be the same person, you will have spent a lot of time and money going to court over what?
you know someone broke into my 3 week old 2014 IS-350 shattered both driver side windows, lifted $1200 worth of aviation equipment out of the back seat of my car and i still have not recovered it. i am 90% sure the persons the police have in custody are the ones responsible for it.
was i mad? yes for about 2 days! but i choose to turn my anger into a solution and ordered and installed the glass myself. I'm over it now..
believe me if i had to buy a new reflector over it and they wouldn't pay, i would buy it and move on. you don't even have any paint damage that i can see.

whats more important in life? going around trying to get someone to admit they lied and they were wrong? or getting your car fixed and moving on.
i know its frustrating and if i could only count the number of times someone did something to me that cost me money, time and frustration and then lied about it, i would definitely need therapy!

now everything makes sense, i think the letter was written because the insurance company didn't find any damage that they could tie to the accident. they wrote the letter letting you know that they have no intention in pursuing this issue further.
all this time i had the impression your entire rear end was smashed in!

i think if i was the lady, instead of saying you backed into her, i would have just stated, i never hit the other car! because i don't see any damage to speak of. but if you were polite and persistent with me, i would have offered to buy your reflector out of my pocket, apologized , shook hands and moved on.
Old 02-17-14, 06:29 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

here ya go, 61.00 from sewell with your club lexus discount!

http://is.sewellparts.com/oem-catalo...S350-2014.html
Old 02-17-14, 06:53 AM
finalhope
Rookie

You're kidding me right, I was sitting in my car and her heavy subaru outback rear ended me, leaving a brand new reflector lens damaged because she was probably playing with her phone. How can you not be able to see someone in front of you when you are getting off the ramp especially in BUSY TRAFFIC. Btw you're not the only one who got broken into, My IS350 was broken into and I wasn't really that upset because I know it was my fault that I left my backpack visible in the back seats. How can you compare your vandalized experience with this situation? If that guy who broke into your car was right in front of you during that moment, would you be as nice as you said? LOL

Btw the insurance hasn't seen the car's damage as far as I know. Any damage is = to damaging other's property. How can you say with the SAME insurance company both party have, they've decided to not take liabilities for the MINOR damages? Again I don't think the reason is because that they couldn't see any damages. You're telling me they would ignore the witness' testimony and my claim just like that? I actually have a feeling we might have mistaken what the letter meant.

Last edited by finalhope; 02-17-14 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-17-14, 07:12 AM
finalhope
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
here ya go, 61.00 from sewell with your club lexus discount!

http://is.sewellparts.com/oem-catalo...S350-2014.html
Btw, if you make it seem like you can give away $61 then feel free to send me the brand new reflector lens. Sorry though, not all people think $$ is everything. If I have to explain it again, I didn't pay insurance to end up paying for damages I'm not liable for when the other party is carrying a liability insurance. If that is the case then why does America have the liability law?
Old 02-17-14, 07:18 AM
finalhope
Rookie

You're telling me your experience in the auto insurance industry, but what you have said was just plain unprofessional. quoting "i think if i was the lady, instead of saying you backed into her, i would have just stated, i never hit the other car! because i don't see any damage to speak of. but if you were polite and persistent with me, i would have offered to buy your reflector out of my pocket, apologized , shook hands and moved on."

I did stated that at first I saw no damages and would have just let it go, but the witness saw a crack on the lens, so I decided to exchange insurance. All that time she had not apologize at all and wanted to not take responsibility for her actions. I even overheard her on the phone asking someone what would happen to her insurance rates. I understand she was afraid, but that was probably not her first time seeing how her car was flip up all over the place, and she was impolite.
Old 02-17-14, 07:21 AM
finalhope
Rookie

She was a total careless driver if she can rear end a car in a busy traffic street when going out of a ramp. Imagine when she hit a pedestrian and claim that she didn't? What if you were that pedestrian buddy? Would you shake hands with her and walk away? She was lucky she hit my vehicle instead of a person right? Maybe it would be okay if she hit you, but what if it was your family member? I wouldn't want to be anything related to you if you were okay with that lol

Last edited by finalhope; 02-17-14 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-17-14, 10:19 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

you'll get more dings and worst damage in the parking lot not knowing what and who hit you. Seeing the damage I cannot believe the time you spend over a reflector scratch, not even a bumper damage.
The time you spend and angry you accumulate over this cost you more than $61 already.
Choose you battles man. This is not one worth the fight no matter how nasty the lady was.
Old 02-17-14, 02:37 PM
finalhope
Rookie

Originally Posted by keyframe13
you'll get more dings and worst damage in the parking lot not knowing what and who hit you. Seeing the damage I cannot believe the time you spend over a reflector scratch, not even a bumper damage.
The time you spend and angry you accumulate over this cost you more than $61 already.
Choose you battles man. This is not one worth the fight no matter how nasty the lady was.
Yea, I probably won't bring it to court, but I'd like to know if AAA is a fair insurance company. The letter doesn't seem like it was meant to settle the claim or any such, I think I might have been misinform. I'll see tomorrow, it doesn't make sense for them to dismiss the case knowing that would be causing more trouble when it's straight forward the other party's fault.
Old 02-17-14, 05:25 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Finalhope, Im sure your deductible is at least $500 and I don't see that much damage there. Even if you change the reflector and get your bumper buffed out professionally you still wouldn't hit the $500 deductible. I know your upset with the person that hit you and then lied to you about what happened but is not worth your time and effort to fight this. If you want get an estimate for your damage, they are free.
As far as that letter goes you got from the insurance company, I think they are hoping you will go away and see what happens from there. They are trying to save paying the deductible because it will come from themselves anyway, being the same insurance company.
Did they offer to have an adjuster come and look at the car? Or is that a practice that is not done anymore. Good luck with your outcome

Yea, I probably won't bring it to court, but I'd like to know if AAA is a fair insurance company. The letter doesn't seem like it was meant to settle the claim or any such, I think I might have been misinform. I'll see tomorrow, it doesn't make sense for them to dismiss the case knowing that would be causing more trouble when it's straight forward the other party's fault.

Quick Reply: Brand new IS350 rear ended, other party claim i REVERSE!