IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

My 2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport Got Rear Ended

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-14, 11:13 AM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beeRandon
Thank you man, I'll be taking care of it. Im not too worried about it. I'll probably use my savings that I've saved to pay for it. Not a big deal, but yeah. Glad everyone is okay too!
You don't have insurance? You have that much money saved up. You might want to go through your insurance just in case they sue you civily. Just food for thought.
Old 02-11-14, 01:09 PM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Was the BSM light on? Pretty sure this is the reason the technology is in the car. BTW glad to hear no one got hurt!
Old 02-11-14, 01:37 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
Was the BSM light on? Pretty sure this is the reason the technology is in the car. BTW glad to hear no one got hurt!
I dont think the BSM would make a different in this case since the OP fully aware that the other driver was next to him.
To the OP- I am highly recommend that yoh report the incident to your insurance carrier (just in case the other party sue you). I dont think they will raise your premium if you dont file a claim.
Old 02-11-14, 01:40 PM
561Lexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sadly, I'm a pretty young guy (18) to be having this kind of car for my first car.
But, I got this car January 5th, 2014. I drive this car every day, I've so far had this car a month and 5 days. I have over 2100 miles already.
But I thought this day would never come, for a long time at least. This happened 2 days ago. (February 8th, 2014)

Here's how it happened, I was cruising with all my buddies Saturday night just having a good time, we do this almost every Saturday and meet up with other cars and have a good time.

I usually go there to watch other people race on the loop, or i'll film with my canon to get clips for a future video, and well towards the end of the night right when I was about to go home.

This girl in her dads truck was beside me and I got on the gas a bit to get over her and had enough room to get in about half a car length, and I heard her get on the gas and all of a sudden my back driver side shook and got a bit sideways but I corrected it to save me and my buddies from wrecking into the car beside me, so I pull over on the side get the insurance and stuff out and she later calls her dad to come up here, about 30 mins go by her dad shows up and goes PSYCHO on me like it was all my fault.
This is about 12:20 AM, had to wait until about 12:45 for the cop to show up and get a report, I tell my side of the story, and well I guess he didn't buy it or she either lied telling the story, not sure. But now IM at fault for "Unsafe lane change" and wouldn't buy my story, and now I have to pay for my repairs + her dads truck which could have easily been buffed out, literally no damage was taken, except for mine.

Sorry for the story, just thought I'd let you know what happened. Photos will be provided. :/
Btw, the damage may not look bad, but there's a decent sized dent near the bumper (not on it) so that will have to be taken out, have to get my whole rear bumper replaced, and a new left tail light.

Thanks for viewing!

The girl sounds like a bi*** for trying to not let you in... but unfortunately that does not create fault on her part for the accident... Go in front of a judge and they will most likely ask you why you didn't slow down and change lanes when you saw her speeding up... It's a ****ty situation but it could be a lot worse! Good luck man!
Old 02-11-14, 02:11 PM
FusterCluk
Driver

Sounds like a bad situation that could have been avoided. Personally I think it sounds like you would be the one at fault, especially with so little space between the cars. For what it's worth I would probably stop posting about this, or even delete your initial post until after you speak to a lawyer since this is a public forum. Details like you posted might hurt your case.
Old 02-11-14, 03:00 PM
skrules
Rookie

Sorry for your lose. Based on what you said, you could be partially liable for what happened. Bit if I were you, and if I was planning on suing the girl for damages, I would take this thread down since you are essentially admitting that you are close to her car and decided to switch lanes anyway. God knows what the lawyers can find these days.

Also this is a good argument for adding a dash cam. I got rear ended last week and although the other party took the fault and his insurance is paying for it, I can see how frustrating this would be for either party. In your case, if she was at fault as you said, then you can prove it with a dash cam. When my car gets out of the body shop, its getting a dash cam asap.
Old 02-11-14, 03:23 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Sadly, I'm a pretty young guy (18) to be having this kind of car for my first car.
But, I got this car January 5th, 2014. I drive this car every day, I've so far had this car a month and 5 days. I have over 2100 miles already.
But I thought this day would never come, for a long time at least. This happened 2 days ago. (February 8th, 2014)

Here's how it happened, I was cruising with all my buddies Saturday night just having a good time, we do this almost every Saturday and meet up with other cars and have a good time.

I usually go there to watch other people race on the loop, or i'll film with my canon to get clips for a future video, and well towards the end of the night right when I was about to go home.

This girl in her dads truck was beside me and I got on the gas a bit to get over her and had enough room to get in about half a car length, and I heard her get on the gas and all of a sudden my back driver side shook and got a bit sideways but I corrected it to save me and my buddies from wrecking into the car beside me, so I pull over on the side get the insurance and stuff out and she later calls her dad to come up here, about 30 mins go by her dad shows up and goes PSYCHO on me like it was all my fault.
This is about 12:20 AM, had to wait until about 12:45 for the cop to show up and get a report, I tell my side of the story, and well I guess he didn't buy it or she either lied telling the story, not sure. But now IM at fault for "Unsafe lane change" and wouldn't buy my story, and now I have to pay for my repairs + her dads truck which could have easily been buffed out, literally no damage was taken, except for mine.

Sorry for the story, just thought I'd let you know what happened. Photos will be provided. :/
Btw, the damage may not look bad, but there's a decent sized dent near the bumper (not on it) so that will have to be taken out, have to get my whole rear bumper replaced, and a new left tail light.

Thanks for viewing!
hey man sorry about your car. I think you took the crown from me of being the youngest 3IS owner on the forum at least haha. got my 350 Fsport three months ago when I was 20. just turned 21 a couple weeks ago. anyway I can see why you may be at fault. The cops are basically saying you cut the lady off. also your age doesn't help your case either. sorry to put it that way, but depending on the cop, they wouldn't give benefit of the doubt to a kid you know? plus he was probably jealous you were half his age and driving his dream car hah. but yeah hope it gets fixed soon dude. post some pics when its all done
Old 02-11-14, 03:42 PM
FusterCluk
Driver

beeRandon, out of curiosity: How fast were you driving? Windows up or down? Stereo on? What kind of truck was she driving? How many people in your car?
Old 02-11-14, 03:43 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Ouch, I hate seeing this.
Old 02-11-14, 04:45 PM
beeRandon
Rookie

Originally Posted by FusterCluk
beeRandon, out of curiosity: How fast were you driving? Windows up or down? Stereo on? What kind of truck was she driving? How many people in your car?
This was after a red light, I was going the speed limit. 45 mph, radio was off, and I had 2 other people in my car. But it's no big deal, we took care of it today. Went to my insurance, went ahead and paid for their part. Wasn't too much, theirs could be buffed out it was nothing serious on their end. Mine took most the damage, and not too sure on the truck. I was just making sure everyone was okay. But for my part, i'm paying part of my repair with a total of about $2000 and i'll be working and paying my parents back for it!
Old 02-11-14, 04:49 PM
beeRandon
Rookie

Originally Posted by gvan1998
You don't have insurance? You have that much money saved up. You might want to go through your insurance just in case they sue you civily. Just food for thought.
I have insurance, yes. I have that much money saved up, yes. I've been working legally since I was 15, and i've been putting about less than a half of what I make into a savings account. And I also dropped by my insurance place to get everything sorted out. But my dad is paying for my damages worth about almost $2000, and I will be paying him a certain amount every month to pay him back before I head out for college.