IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Sewell Black chrome Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-14, 12:55 PM
Antnie2418
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yuup I agree with you 100%

Apparently Dexrox, one pointon, Tlr, toyotanation, sunnyv and Jadu dont agree when you purchase from a reputable company you shouldn't have an expectation to get quality products.
Old 01-23-14, 01:00 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Antnie2418
Apparently Dexrox, one pointon, Tlr, toyotanation, sunnyv and Jadu dont agree when you purchase from a reputable company you shouldn't have an expectation to get quality products.
Members aside, let's hope Sewell can make this right, and that we don't have to wait long for a fix; I'd like this sooner than later and look forward to hearing from them again...

Thanks for starting this thread, Antnie; the thread I posted on didn't get its due attention.

Last edited by dbs600; 01-23-14 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-23-14, 02:28 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of Sewell, what do you guys think about the Interior LED light kit? I think LexusClub members can get the kit for $105. Anyone installed them? If so, any thoughts?
Old 01-23-14, 03:09 PM
onepointon
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 49 Posts

I never said that. Your first post came off a little whiny and *****y. I was simply stating if you don't like the product, vote with your money. If it wasn't to your expectations, get your money back. Thats how business works. After three attempts, if they can't get it right, there is obviously something wrong.

Luckily, your thread got the attention of the right person, and hopefully something will be done. So for that, good for you. I never said I didn't expect high quality, more so that the issue isn't noticeable on the vehicle. Was I happy about it at that price point? No, I wasn't. But I really didn't feel like waiting for another set and it wasn't that noticeable. So that is my fault.
Old 01-23-14, 03:20 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just want to chime in say I haven't had a bad experience with sewell. I've bought a few things with them (such as sways - brake pads - etc) ... and have always been happy with the transaction. Shipping (while not cheap), is fast, and comes with a tracking # ... and their pricing on certain items (such as F-Sport parts) cannot be touched by local dealers. My local dealer claims the sewell price of an intake is under their own cost.

Yes, I do agree that certain items are expensive, and can be bought elsewhere for cheaper - but IMO thats no reason to complain. Just buy it somewhere else. When a company sees people are buying it from another vendor, they might choose to change their pricing accordingly.

As for the discount - you need a sewell account - and you have to register your CL username when you make the account (or add it later). The discount is automatically applied.

It looks like sewell is trying very hard to make the OP a happy customer ...
Old 01-23-14, 03:27 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
It looks like sewell is trying very hard to make the OP a happy customer...
I don't doubt they are, but why a total of three sets without ensuring the second and third sets were flawless!?

Nevertheless, do these Black Pearl emblems wear out over time? Do they way start to lose their finish in any way? I'm looking for insight from those who may have had them on other vehicles for years, since the 3IS just came out...

Thanks.
Old 01-23-14, 03:33 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude...come on! You need to understand you're on a FORUM !!! People are going to share their opinions about what you say and what you do if you choose to post it here. I have been on this forum for a few years and I have learned to appreciate peoples honesty...maybe someday you'll learn to !

I appologize for making you so upset. I just got a kick out of how you were classifying your battle with Sewell over an emblem a nightmare.

I am dealing with insurance/collision repair drama daily on my IS that I had 3 weeks before hitting a brick sign at 40mph. I was cut off. I have been without my car for 3 and half months now. It's a bit of a nightmare........
Old 01-23-14, 03:45 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
I don't doubt they are, but why a total of three sets without ensuring the second and third sets were flawless!?

Nevertheless, do these Black Pearl emblems wear out over time? Do they way start to lose their finish in any way? I'm looking for insight from those who may have had them on other vehicles for years, since the 3IS just came out...

Thanks.
To me, after the 2nd try I would have just accepted the refund. I would have accepted the fact that for some reason they cannot produce these to the quality I want ...

If i understand correctly, Sewell was offering a full refund on his costs because he wasn't happy ... to me thats exactly what a company should do, and as a customer I would be satisfied because I lost nothing out of my pocket.

Bought the product, didn't like it, got a refund. What more do you want?

Originally Posted by DexRox512
You doubt they are??
He said "I don't doubt ... " lol.
Old 01-23-14, 10:24 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
To me, after the 2nd try I would have just accepted the refund. I would have accepted the fact that for some reason they cannot produce these to the quality I want...

Bought the product, didn't like it, got a refund. What more do you want?
That's exactly what I did; after the second failed attempt I cut my losses (time, effort and headache).

Otherwise, if you review my posts herein, yes, a refund is what a company should do, but same does not arise to the level of 'great' customer service, as it's simply par for the course.

Great customer service would be permitting customer to keep the product, at customer's election (I wouldn't), for a discount OR, more appropriately, ensuring second (and third) shipments do not exhibit same concerns as first shipment, so not to waste time, effort and money (time is money) of customer any more than necessary. I suppose I'd want the later, which is common sense for the company as well, so shipping costs aren't wasted too.

Last edited by dbs600; 01-24-14 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-24-14, 06:33 AM
Antnie2418
Driver

I understand that this a forum and not everyone will agree nor feel the way I do. I am open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and I don't need people to state the obvious. "just get a refund." Great idea never would of thought of that. If you read the emails I was never offered a refund I always asked what Sewell would like to do. I am sure if I asked for a refund they will gladly give me one so I could get lost. I happen to love the look of the emblems I had them on my last car and I really want one for my car now. Also for the people saying that this issue isn't a nightmare that's fine its the word I chose at the time and again by you making that statement that you feel that this isn't a nightmare just takes up room on the thread its not helpful in anyway. But I didn't post this to make people blacklist Sewell, It was to see if any one had a similar issue and make people aware of the situation at hand.

Darrel reached out to me yesterday multiple times with in a hour period and I couldn't pick up cause I was in a meeting. But I plan to call him to talk to him and figure this out.

He said that he "feels that I have a preconceived idea of what's going to show up and I am not sure what to do from this point."

Well what I hope for is a unblemished emblem. What I think is going to happen is a going to another emblem with blemishes on them. I think I am going to ask for an emblem with out the double face tape applied because Sewell said that "Keep in mind that the two sided adhesive is affixed to the emblem with the emblem face down on a cloth that may cause edge irritation even ever so slight is when the blemishes occur when they put the emblem face down". So Ill take matters into my own hand and apply it myself.
Old 01-24-14, 07:37 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

He said that he "feels that I have a preconceived idea of what's going to show up and I am not sure what to do from this point." Well what I hope for is a unblemished emblem. What I think is going to happen is a going to another emblem with blemishes on them. I think I am going to ask for an emblem with out the double face tape applied because Sewell said that "Keep in mind that the two sided adhesive is affixed to the emblem with the emblem face down on a cloth that may cause edge irritation even ever so slight is when the blemishes occur when they put the emblem face down". So Ill take matters into my own hand and apply it myself.
I and others understand what you're going through and agree with what you're saying. So let's forget about what those who don't understand or agree have to say. Exceptionally annoying, but impossible to impress your viewpoint anyway.

Sadly, his stating he feels you have a preconceived notion of what will ship is NOT a good sign, as your want of unblemished emblems is absolutely legit, and, frankly, par for the course.

We have to get to the bottom of why can't they pinpoint where in the process the emblems are becoming damaged. When I spoke to them months ago, I got understanding it has to do with the emblems sitting in inventory in a draw without a protective plastic covering over the face of them. Maybe ask that new emblems are made for and shipped directly to you from the company that plates them for Sewell?

Keep us posted!

AND, which model and what color combo do you have!?

Last edited by dbs600; 01-24-14 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-24-14, 11:05 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Mr. Dill's comment was nothing short of owning up to a flaw in process, and stating they'd actually do something about it. That's how a reputable company works. I've never had any issues with them, with many purchases.

I am glad to hear the price will be adjusted. I've been wanting a rear L for a long time.
Old 01-25-14, 05:38 AM
Antnie2418
Driver

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Mr. Dill's comment was nothing short of owning up to a flaw in process, and stating they'd actually do something about it. That's how a reputable company works. I've never had any issues with them, with many purchases. I am glad to hear the price will be adjusted. I've been wanting a rear L for a long time.

Mr. Dill said that they are going to review the pricing. Nothing was promised as far as making if less expensive.

Owning up the flaw is only Half the way a reputable company works. The other half is coming up with a solution to the issue then fixing issue. Thats like you bring your car into lexus and they admitt there is issue with your car and dont fix it and just follow you around with a tow truck so they can tow your car anytime it breaks down. Yes its great that they are helping out but they are not fixing the issue. I hope that my analogy came across clear enough

Last edited by Antnie2418; 01-25-14 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-25-14, 06:53 AM
Antnie2418
Driver

I have Ultra White with black interior. Yes I can be **** retentive I was pushed by the sales team to get red but I didn't care for the fact that it was two toned and having a black headliner was my chance to have every black to match.

I emailed Sewell today with your Idea (thank you) and my idea about notr having them applying the tape and getting direct from the supplier.

Originally Posted by dbs600
I and others understand what you're going through and agree with what you're saying. So let's forget about what those who don't understand or agree have to say. Exceptionally annoying, but impossible to impress your viewpoint anyway.

Sadly, his stating he feels you have a preconceived notion of what will ship is NOT a good sign, as your want of unblemished emblems is absolutely legit, and, frankly, par for the course.

We have to get to the bottom of why can't they pinpoint where in the process the emblems are becoming damaged. When I spoke to them months ago, I got understanding it has to do with the emblems sitting in inventory in a draw without a protective plastic covering over the face of them. Maybe ask that new emblems are made for and shipped directly to you from the company that plates them for Sewell?

Keep us posted!

AND, which model and what color combo do you have!?
Old 01-25-14, 07:35 AM
Antnie2418
Driver

[QUOTE=Sewell]Anthony - Darrel here. I tried contacting you by telephone attempting to help. I'm painfully aware of your original post, but have concerns you may not be completely aware of the latest shipment currently in route to you. We do have another emblem on the way and know, myself and Kerry both involved ourselves with the handling and final packing as opposed to our typical crew.

Our fingers are crossed we got it right this time as we truly fear what backlash will be received if we don't make you happy. It has been awhile since we've had to play the defensive approach. We typically see, along with the CL group, we're in this together as we offer anything and everything we can get our hands on all the while giving discounts consistent with the highest of volume purchasers.

You have made it clear we're flawed in our offerings and we're trying to make it better. We'll patiently await for feedback - hopefully by email or telephone - on the notion you'll be smiling ear-to-ear!

Respectfully,
Darrel Diller

Darrel I received your message. thank you for calling. I am a little perturbed in the fact that you feel that I have a preconceived idea of what's going to show up and I am not sure what to do from this point. If you resent something twice already and waiting on the third shipment wouldn't you be inclined to feel more one way then another? I am not hoping for a damaged product but I am inclined to feel that way because that's what the last two times dictates.

Is it possible to ask for an emblem with out the double face tape applied because you or some one from your team said that "Keep in mind that the two sided adhesive is affixed to the emblem with the emblem face down on a cloth that may cause edge irritation even ever so slight is when the blemishes occur when they put the emblem face down". So Ill take matters into my own hand and apply it myself.

If you don't think that's the issue Maybe the new emblems can be made and shipped directly to me from the company that plates them for Sewell?

I truly love the product and really would like to have it so I would like to come up with a resolution, Cause I feel as though you have to come up with one regardless of my situation. Unless you plan on selling the product to people who will accept them that have a less detail oriented eye which in my opinion is a poor way to do business.

Also I received the third emblem... Please let me know your ideas on how to get a unblemished product.

Quick Reply: Sewell Black chrome Nightmare