ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   Is VGRS a Must Have Option? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/725040-is-vgrs-a-must-have-option.html)

Rkdiddy 01-12-14 05:04 PM

Is VGRS a Must Have Option?

Hi Guys,

First post here - looking at picking up an IS350 F-Sport and would love some feedback on the variable steering assist.

Anyone drive one with it and one without it back-to-back? Is it a must have feature?

Thanks in advance.

Hoovey689 01-12-14 05:12 PM

If you like handling then yes its an absolute must. I take it you haven't test driven yet?

SonyHome 01-12-14 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rkdiddy (Post 8323716)
Hi Guys,

First post here - looking at picking up an IS350 F-Sport and would love some feedback on the variable steering assist.

Anyone drive one with it and one without it back-to-back? Is it a must have feature?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about must have but it's really nice and it's only $400 which enhances your handling/steering at different speeds. I can make U turns at low speeds in 1-1/2 turns.

Also for that $400 you get power tilt and telescopic steer wheels which I think is great. Even though 3IS F sport doesn't have memory feature with this it remembers where you last position was and when you shut down it goes back to retracted position. :thumbup:

aTeAse 01-12-14 05:35 PM

Definitely makes getting it and out of the car much easier.

Hoovey689 01-12-14 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 1LexuS (Post 8323780)
Definitely makes getting it and out of the car much easier.

:uh:

please explain the correlation of getting in and out of the car much easier and steering response..

SonyHome 01-12-14 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 (Post 8323840)
:uh:

please explain the correlation of getting in and out of the car much easier and steering response..

He is referring to the power tilt and telescopic feature that come with when you add VGRS for $400. When you shut the engine it goes to the default retracted position and when you start the car it comes back to your last set position.

aTeAse 01-12-14 06:32 PM

^^
Wish I got the VGRS, the bottom of my steering wheel is quite scratched up from my jacket zippers because of the seating position.

SonyHome 01-12-14 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by aTeAse (Post 8323872)
^^
Wish I got the VGRS, the bottom of my steering wheel is quite scratched up from my jacket zippers because of the seating position.

I also like the feeling of the steering at both high and low speeds. Power tilt and telescopic is just a bonus at that pricing in my opinion.

Rkdiddy 01-12-14 08:29 PM

Thanks guys this has been very helpful. I had no idea that the VGRS came with the auto tilt/telescope upon exit/entry.

Looks like I will get the VGRS, thanks!:thumbup:

aTeAse 01-12-14 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by SonyHome (Post 8323915)
I also like the feeling of the steering at both high and low speeds. Power tilt and telescopic is just a bonus at that pricing in my opinion.

Definitely.. I would like to add it if that were possible...

I feel like I have so many empty spaces on the left panel..

Hoovey689 01-12-14 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by SonyHome (Post 8323868)
He is referring to the power tilt and telescopic feature that come with when you add VGRS for $400. When you shut the engine it goes to the default retracted position and when you start the car it comes back to your last set position.